Good buy
By dviljoen on
2013 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
We had an 01 Maxima that needed too many repairs. I didn't want a payment, but the wife wanted something new. I essentially went into the dealer and said "I want a Soul, manual transmission, white, and no options." The "no options" thing is just to give you maximum leverage, because nobody makes a vehicle with "no" options. I was almost wrong. Kia had a white Soul, manual trans, and floor mats (option). All said, it has been awesome. Only $245/mo payment, 37mpg, and plenty of room.
Favorite Features
Since I wanted no options I was really surprised at what it includes as standard: bluetooth and satellite radio (requires subscription, but free for first 90 days). The interior is deceptively large, especially behind the rear seats. My wife didn't even want to consider it from seeing them on the road. She said "No way there's enough room back there for shopping, or kids football pads." There's more than enough.
Suggested Improvements
Two options I wish I actually had gotten: cruise control and arm rests. But, oh well. I can live with it.