First Impression
By donmack on
2013 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
I have a 2013 + (plus) with 2 liter automatic. It's a pretty nice car, well built, not too cheap on the fit and finish. It's really big on the inside. visibility is good except for the rear corners. The pillar is kind of thick. The car is short, about 10" shorter than my Honda Civic, but it is really tall.
Favorite Features
I'm getting over 21 on the street within the first 50 miles. The odometer has a fuel calculator built in and I'm watching it gradually go up. I read it takes a while, after a break-in period to hit over 30mpg. highway. The odometer also has a range calculator, telling you how much further you can go. - Nice touch. Best item so far, the door access. The front doors are almost square, and tall. I can get in and out without bending over. A friend who is 6'7" has one and he says the car fits. No foolin' I have the base radio, CD, an iPod connection and a USB port.
Suggested Improvements
I really don't like the no spare tire feature. You get a can of sealant and a small 12V compressor. I'll look for a used spare wheel and tire later. I've only had a couple of flat tires in the past few years, but being stuck on the highway, in the middle of nowhere with a compressor and a can of sealant is uncomfortable. The ride is firm and the car is a bit noisy, but all things considered it's a pretty good deal. I intend it as a 'Run around town' car and don't plan on any long trips. I was looking at a Honda CR-V, and the Soul came in almost $10,000 less.