Used 2013 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Soul Wagon

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

I liked my 2013 Soul Exclaim soooo much...that I got a 2014 too!
By mazda5forme

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I'm glad I finally found a car brand that doesn't build junk! KIA! Not only did I buy a new 2013 Soul Exclaim for myself...but also my wife got a new Sorento (made at KIA's West Point USA Factory!), my daughter bought a Sportage, my son got a new Forte AND a Soul also!

Several great reasons to buy from KIA...
1) Quality. 2nd to none.

2) Perfect paint, well made, all the body panels line up.

3) Crazy level of standard equipment for the price. Bluetooth, steering wheel controls for sound system, backup camera!

4) Even the Dealerships for KIA are professional, clean, friendly and helpful. I'm not used to that...I used to have all Fords!

5) The KIA styling is world class...

10 year, 100,000 mile warranty! COME ON! Who else has the confidence to give you THAT?!

I was going to suggest that KIA build more of their vehicles here in the USA...but that already are increasing production at their billion dollar new car factory in West Point Georgia! 10,000 new American jobs!

Ive had 9 brand new cars in my life...my Soul beats them all! Hands down!
By mazda5forme

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Reliability would be a 6 or higher if the Edmunds ratings went that high! Build quality also.

I've owned brand new Hondas, Toyotas, Fords, a FIAT, Prius, Chevrolets, a 308 GTS Frerrari, a Mercedes....etc. All my family started trading in their cars for brand new KIA's in 2011. Including mine (2013 Soul), my wifes (2013 Sorento), my Daughters 2013 Sportage, my son and daughter-in-laws 2 Fortes, and the list goes on.

No lemons, no issues, perfect build quality, great mileage, awsum paint jobs, a crazy amount of standard equipment that is unexpected in cars at this price...and a 100,000 mile drive train warranty is icing on the KIA cake!

Infinity 8 speaker sound system with seperate powered sub woofer. Standard glass powered sunroof, dark tinted windows, really nice 18" alloy wheels, 4 wheel disks, good mileage, great looking car, black cloth interior with HOUNDSTOOTH cloth accents (last time I saw that in a car it was a British classic car!) Tall roof makes for a non-clostrophobic interior, good sized cargo space in rear hatch, fit and finish is damn near perfect..and I'm picky! And I do my own oil changes, and these KIA's are among the easiest to drain the oil, replace the filter and refill of anything I've ever owned!

Any thing I noted that needs improvement on my 2013...was already done on the 2014...which was gone over by KIA and massaged and tweaked a bit.

KIA= Killed in Action
By fedupwithkia2

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Nothing but problems. Kia difficult to deal with.
Gas mileage is not as promised.
Gas gauge has too much float
Head unit quit working, been replaced
Wheel speed sensor almost killed me and a friend throwing my car into limp mode.
Ignition switch shorted out and had to be replaced.
Radio cutting out. Again.
Lights and wipers cut out.
Oh did I mention the horrible shake, hard shift, failure to downshift?

not a thing

Move the cup holders forward Don't buy a Kia. Don't park on hills Don't drive on hills Don't try to pass on a highway Don't buy a Kia.

Fun, sporty and very safe
By aldrich977

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I had reservations about owning a Soul or any Kia for that matter.
I owned a Rio Cinco back when they first came to the US and hated it.
But I bought a 2010 model Soul and fell in love.
Unfortunately, I rolled it four times after having a seizure and totaled it.
I did break my back, neck and my foot, but considering what could have happened...I think the Soul saved my life.
Having to buy a new car, I knew exactly what I had to have...another Soul.
Having found a new 2013 model with only a few thousand miles I jumped at the chance.
I knew if I have another accident my life will be in good hands.
The power and pep it offers are remarkable considering what Kia started with years ago!

Numerous airbags, roomy, nice sound system, fun to drive

Better gas mileage on all models while keeping the pep and power it currently has

I Really Love my Kia Soul
By brittneycj

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Kia Soul ! in March 2013 and absolutely love it.
I think it fits my personality and lifestyle perfectly. I have a yellow lab and can easily throw her in the back.

I love the heated seats, the leather, how roomy it is inside, it is pretty spacious too, as I just moved and was surprised that I able to fit most of my boxes in the back in only a few trips.

Performance: unfortunately, it really has no torque and I really have to step on the pedal to accelerate. Bumper: I wish the back bumper had a protector on it because within the first couple of months, I already have several paint chips and dings. Build Quality: I know my Kia isn't a BMW or German made, but the quality isn't up to par compared to other vehicles within the same price range, such as Mazda.