Used 2013 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Most Helpful|
I wish I wouldn't have
By Livia Marrissa H

2013 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

So I bought my 2013 soul new and have had issues with too many things, mostly it handles terrible the radio had to be replaced, (never got my free Sirius as promised) knock sensor has now gone bad twice, have the same wiper issue as others, when turning the wheel one way or the other out of the driveway and such it clicks, and it rattles when I accelerate under the hood somewhere, acceleration leaves me more likely to hit the brakes and wait my turn when merging ..and the blind spot are awful, not to mention the noise if back window is down.

Best car for the money!!
By jsnyd1972

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2012 Soul+ for a little over a year and have 17K miles on it and can't say enough about it. I love the Infinity sound system upgrade I got and would highly recommend it. It's pretty peppy which I like so I guess I can't complain too much about the fuel economy. I'm a large person at 6'2" and 350 pounds and this is the most comfortable vehicle to get in and out of I've ever had. I'm someone who loves to buy a new car every year (Sometimes even more frequently) but this car I will definitely be hanging on to for many years to come. I don't see how you can beat this vehicles options and warranty for how cheap they are. What a value!!

Favorite Features

The height of the seats and the big opening front doors make this so easy to get in and out of for large or older people. Infinity stereo rocks! Value for your money.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy could be better as well as softening up the ride harshness. Wish they had fog lamps as an option for the +Model when I bought mine but understand the 2014's will have that as an option other than having to get the !-model to get them.

tremendously disappointed
By jenese2004

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Ironically I had a kia soul plus, one that I got in 2010 and I had no complaints with it. I had a wreck in December of 2012 and had to get another car. I chose to upgrade and get another soul exclaim, premium package. BIG MISTAKE!! It is an extremely bumpy ride and my kia plus wasn't like that so I was confused by this!!! The leather seats are so hard I had to get a cushion to place on the seats. Whenever I clean my seats or sit on them, lent is always left on them. No matter what I do, lent is always left!!!! Plus i have nothing but problems with the Bluetooth!! The mpg is acceptable I guess and the wheel turns nicely. Those are the redeeming qualities. ALL in all i'm disappointed.

Favorite Features

1. The wheel turn is nice 2. I enjoy the push start feature. Those are the only good qualities. I am so disappointed in kia.

Suggested Improvements

1. More comfortable seats. Leather is suppose to be comfortable that is why you pay extra for it! I didn't notice the hardness until I drove it for more that 10 minutes. I could never take a road trip in it. 2. Less of a bumpy ride. 3. Bluetooth that actually works. 4. Seats that don't attract lint. 5. Better gas mileage for such a small car 6. On the floor the metal is exposed in the car if you look under the seat. 7. Sometimes the engine over revs when you push the start button. SOOO disappointed!!

Fun, sporty and very safe
By aldrich977

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I had reservations about owning a Soul or any Kia for that matter. I owned a Rio Cinco back when they first came to the US and hated it. But I bought a 2010 model Soul and fell in love. Unfortunately, I rolled it four times after having a seizure and totaled it. I did break my back, neck and my foot, but considering what could have happened...I think the Soul saved my life. Having to buy a new car, I knew exactly what I had to have...another Soul. Having found a new 2013 model with only a few thousand miles I jumped at the chance. I knew if I have another accident my life will be in good hands. The power and pep it offers are remarkable considering what Kia started with years ago!

Favorite Features

Numerous airbags, roomy, nice sound system, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage on all models while keeping the pep and power it currently has

I love my car
By myrtle0562

2013 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I recently bought my car at Commonwealth Kia in Lawrence MA. I love this car! The dealership was great and I was able to get an awesome deal! I would recommend this car and dealership to all my friends and family!