2013 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
Noisy
By drspacs on 07/17/13 07:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

If you haven't bought one of these yet when on your test drive make sure you take it out on the interstate then roll the back windows down about halfway. The noise and vibration you will have is un bearable. You can't even talk to anyone not even the passenger. In addition roll down the drivers window about two inches while the back windows are down. It will shake so violently you will think it will shatter. I have spoken to many KIA dealers and they say this is a definite design flaw on several of their vehicles and cannot be resolved. They have contacted KIA engineering and they suggest keeping the windows rolled up at high speeds. Yeah right. Had I know this I would have NEVER bought one

New Soul !
By smillermom on 06/17/13 16:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I absolutely love, love my Kia! I went with the Exclaim as I wanted all upgrades possible and am glad I did. There is not a feature I could imagine that is not in this vehicle. They thought of everything. I love the way it handles and the roll back feature also. The car is very solid and lots and lots of room. Nice and peppy and handles well in the rainy conditions we have been having. So very glad I traded and feel a joy just driving my car!! Now, if I can get it from being dinged in parking lots life would be perfect!!!!

Kia Soul
By candycandela on 05/22/13 05:37 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have recently purchased a 2013 Kia Soul. So far I have no complaints. The car is gas efficient which is key for me. The interior is very nice as well. It's my first experience buying a brand new car. { I have only purchased used cars in the past } so I can totally say buying a new car is wonderful. As far as the car, I just love it.

Very pleased with this car!
By ghostboo on 05/16/13 22:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have always owned large 4X4 quad-cab trucks but got sick of dumping money in gas. I wanted a vehicle that was easy on gas, fun to drive, fit in my garage, and loaded with options. I researched for a few months and narrowed it down to about six finalists. I test drove them and narrowed it to two, the Hyundai Elantra and the Soul Exclaim. I love both vehicles but the Soul won me over because of the cargo capacity and ease of access. The Soul is fun to drive and I like the high seating position. It doesn't feel like I'm down in a go cart. Visibility is outstanding and the interior is perfect. My gas mileage is very good. I average 24 city, 31 highway and 35 on long country drives.

It loves gas stations
By ronn2 on 04/03/13 06:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Believe me, if you decide on the 2.0 engine...think again unless you love putting out money for gas. When I fill the tank, it shows only a range of 250 miles. Iam constantly filling it up. Terrible terrible gas mileage. I love the car but I sure will be trading it in before too long due to the gas mileage

No Soul Better Than An Old Soul
By soulman30 on 04/03/13 00:06 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Best bang for the buck. The Soul was made for the young and the young at heart. Entry and Exit is great for us that are starting to show our age. The young drivers really take notice of my ride and always stop me and comment that they think it is super cool.

That's Normal for this Car
By sadjudy on 03/02/13 01:51 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Just got this car 2wks ago. During a rain storm I noticed condensation in front headlight. When the sun came out it cleared up. In order for it to be fixed, Kia has to examine it and they will not except the photo I took. Posted this and pic on Kia Soul Facebook. Had several responses, they have the same problem and Kia told them this is normal for that car. My 1st car hesitated at lights and turns. again several Soul owners said Normal for this car. I was proud to be a Soul owner, but not now. This is a small problem, and if my car was a couple years old it wouldn't bother me, but again this is a new car. And Kia won't do anything to satisfy a customer. This is my 2nd Soul & last 1.

Regarding the below review regarding poor mileage...
By mazda5forme on 02/17/13 13:47 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Aparently the reviewer below mine hasn't heard about the problems the EPA found with the sticker listed on the KIA car models with wrong fuel mileage...caused by an error in the testing done by KIA in Korea on the KIA Soul and a few other KIA models. To make a long story short...the base Soul actual fuel mileage for example was LISTED on the window sticker as 27/35 mpg but new figures are 25/30 for the smaller 1.6 base engine...and for the bigger 2.0 engine it WAS 26/29 mpg listed and actual new figures are less mpg to. I signed up with KIA and now get a KIA debit card to use for gasoline based on how far I drive and they add 15% more for your trouble. Simply register with KIA.

Gas mileage terrible
By ronn714 on 02/13/13 06:56 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The reason I rated this a "1" is because of the gas mileage. I have the 2011 Soul 2.0. I wanted more bells and whistles so I had to accept the larger engine. Terrible terrible terrible gas mileage. On a full tank, I only get a range of 259 miles at best. It sucks up the gas like as if youre driving a big ol Buick back in the day. I may consider another Soul when I trade this but deffinitely not the larger engine. Its just terrible

Great Little Car
By loversoul on 01/28/13 14:17 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We got a Soul+ with the 1.6L and are glad that we did. The over all ride is good. If you can, like I did, take off the factory tires and get a good set of tires like good year or such it will make the ride even better the tires that are on them are what they call hard tires and make for a bit of a bumpy ride not bad but it is there. Also you should understand that there are blind spots that are really bad that is cause of the back pilards are so thick. The shifting when down shifting in the auto can be a bit jerky. 1.6L has good amount of horse power enough to get you going when you need to. The real test for us anyway is the back seat lots and lots of room for tall people

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Kia Soul Wagon in VA is:

$142 per month*