Used 2013 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

What kind of meds are the hamsters on?
By John Ranous

2013 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The Soul is a vehicle with great potential. Good looks. Nice interior. Lots of room (I'm 6'4"). Good entertainment system in my base model. BUT, with just 12000 miles on the odometer, I've got a rattle in the front suspension AND the steering column. The big negative for the Soul is the suspension. Everyone describes it as firm. I'd say brutally, and unnecessarily stiff. If you are fortunate enough to drive nothing but new pavement, you will love this vehicle. Real world roads bring out the worst in the Soul's road manners. I drive 22 miles to work, and I've been introduced to every pavement fault along the route. You soon learn to avoid the big ones, or suffer the bone jarring consequences. But, even the small irregularities are magnified to uncomfortable proportions. Lots of road noise...suspension rumbles...now I know why the hamsters have the music cranked up. If you are considering a Soul, give it a good real world test drive, or rent one for a weekend.

I love it!!
By haystfang

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Kia Soul ! In white back in November of 2013 and I have never been happier with a vehicle. Everywhere I went for the first year I owned it I received nothing but compliments from friends, coworkers and even strangers at gas stations and other places. The look from the outside made me think that the car was extremely small but when I stepped inside I realized I was wrong. Nearly 2 years later I've only had a problem with the spoiler and the aux input, which my dealership fixed for free and also washed, waxed, changed my oil and rotated my tires for free as well. Needless to say, it's a tiny car that packs a punch, I love to drive it everywhere and I will def choose Kia again.

I love the extra room underneath the trunk, makes use for storing things that would take up on surface. 2.0L as well, its acceleration for a small car always surprises me.

I wish they would have included more features into it compared to its same priced 2014 model. Also wish the ride wasn't so bumpy at certain points in time, but it's not that big of a deal. Overall, nothing really big disappoints me about this car.

junk
By wfergee

2013 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

worst car I ever owned.poor mileage, poor quality. already replaced steering column, and injectors

stop making them.

I wish I wouldn't have
By Livia Marrissa H

2013 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

So I bought my 2013 soul new and have had issues with too many things, mostly it handles terrible the radio had to be replaced, (never got my free Sirius as promised) knock sensor has now gone bad twice, have the same wiper issue as others, when turning the wheel one way or the other out of the driveway and such it clicks, and it rattles when I accelerate under the hood somewhere, acceleration leaves me more likely to hit the brakes and wait my turn when merging ..and the blind spot are awful, not to mention the noise if back window is down.

The Soul is unique, stands out in a crowd, and a great value!
By mazda5forme

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Kia and Hyundai are the same company, and both build great, value packed vehicles. The KIAs are more targeted towards people who like sporty and stand out styling in their daily drivers. I love my 2013 KIA Soul Exclaim..and after more than a year after purchase has proven to be reliable, extremely well made and overall a fun car. The standard level of equipment is astonishing for what you pay. The powerful 8 speaker Infinity sound system for example is the best I've heard in ANY car. It even includes a separate powered sub-woofer! 8 speakers in total!

Projector headlights really light up the road...the rear tail lights are LED with around 60 bright red LED's. Also white LED front accent lights. Beautiful and unique 18" aluminum alloy wheels and performance tires. Safety stuff like stability control, traction control, hill start, etc! UVO Microsoft system with rear backup camera! The steering wheel and gear shift lever are leather clad. A big tilt/sliding power tinted sunroof, power folding exterior mirrors...and more included! Lots of head room front and back, good shoulder room, great leg room too.

Any complaints I had...such as the ride quality can be a bit harsh on rough highways were addressed and fine tuned by KIA on the 2014 model!