Used 2013 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
I wish I wouldn't have
By Livia Marrissa H on 02/18/15 13:40 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

So I bought my 2013 soul new and have had issues with too many things, mostly it handles terrible the radio had to be replaced, (never got my free Sirius as promised) knock sensor has now gone bad twice, have the same wiper issue as others, when turning the wheel one way or the other out of the driveway and such it clicks, and it rattles when I accelerate under the hood somewhere, acceleration leaves me more likely to hit the brakes and wait my turn when merging ..and the blind spot are awful, not to mention the noise if back window is down.

The Soul is unique, stands out in a crowd, and a great value!
By mazda5forme on 09/08/14 10:59 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Kia and Hyundai are the same company, and both build great, value packed vehicles. The KIAs are more targeted towards people who like sporty and stand out styling in their daily drivers. I love my 2013 KIA Soul Exclaim..and after more than a year after purchase has proven to be reliable, extremely well made and overall a fun car. The standard level of equipment is astonishing for what you pay. The powerful 8 speaker Infinity sound system for example is the best I've heard in ANY car. It even includes a separate powered sub-woofer! 8 speakers in total!

I liked my 2013 Soul Exclaim soooo much...that I got a 2014 too!
By mazda5forme on 09/06/14 12:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I'm glad I finally found a car brand that doesn't build junk! KIA! Not only did I buy a new 2013 Soul Exclaim for myself...but also my wife got a new Sorento (made at KIA's West Point USA Factory!), my daughter bought a Sportage, my son got a new Forte AND a Soul also! Several great reasons to buy from KIA... 1) Quality. 2nd to none. 2) Perfect paint, well made, all the body panels line up. 3) Crazy level of standard equipment for the price. Bluetooth, steering wheel controls for sound system, backup camera! 4) Even the Dealerships for KIA are professional, clean, friendly and helpful. I'm not used to that...I used to have all Fords! 5) The KIA styling is world class...

Ive had 9 brand new cars in my life...my Soul beats them all! Hands down!
By mazda5forme on 07/31/14 20:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Reliability would be a 6 or higher if the Edmunds ratings went that high! Build quality also. I've owned brand new Hondas, Toyotas, Fords, a FIAT, Prius, Chevrolets, a 308 GTS Frerrari, a Mercedes....etc. All my family started trading in their cars for brand new KIA's in 2011. Including mine (2013 Soul), my wifes (2013 Sorento), my Daughters 2013 Sportage, my son and daughter-in-laws 2 Fortes, and the list goes on. No lemons, no issues, perfect build quality, great mileage, awsum paint jobs, a crazy amount of standard equipment that is unexpected in cars at this price...and a 100,000 mile drive train warranty is icing on the KIA cake!

KIA= Killed in Action
By fedupwithkia2 on 03/07/14 11:32 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Nothing but problems. Kia difficult to deal with. Gas mileage is not as promised. Gas gauge has too much float Head unit quit working, been replaced Wheel speed sensor almost killed me and a friend throwing my car into limp mode. Ignition switch shorted out and had to be replaced. Radio cutting out. Again. Lights and wipers cut out. Oh did I mention the horrible shake, hard shift, failure to downshift?

Fun, sporty and very safe
By aldrich977 on 02/09/14 12:48 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I had reservations about owning a Soul or any Kia for that matter. I owned a Rio Cinco back when they first came to the US and hated it. But I bought a 2010 model Soul and fell in love. Unfortunately, I rolled it four times after having a seizure and totaled it. I did break my back, neck and my foot, but considering what could have happened...I think the Soul saved my life. Having to buy a new car, I knew exactly what I had to have...another Soul. Having found a new 2013 model with only a few thousand miles I jumped at the chance. I knew if I have another accident my life will be in good hands. The power and pep it offers are remarkable considering what Kia started with years ago!

I Really Love my Kia Soul
By brittneycj on 02/03/14 15:24 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Kia Soul ! in March 2013 and absolutely love it. I think it fits my personality and lifestyle perfectly. I have a yellow lab and can easily throw her in the back.

Look At Something Else
By loversoul on 09/02/13 07:53 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Ok so here is the deal at this point I have over 12000 miles on the car. I bought it in Jan 2013. I knew about some of the bad things like bad blind spot at the rear of the car and the MPG not so great but there are more bad starting to show up like the following: 1. It is noise like crazy when it rains you can hear the rain on top of the car. It sounds like you are in a tin can. 2. The road noise is bad with the windows down but even worse with them up. 3. The paint is starting to chip in some places. 4. The wippers leave a streak in the middle of the drivers side and KIA wont fix it and says the work fine. Bottom line dont get one

My wife loves it!
By soulman5 on 08/31/13 08:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought 2013 white Kia Soul+ 2.0L 6A for my wife, who is a teacher in my county school system. Before, she had 2002 Honda Civic LX. We initially looked into Honda CR-V or KIA Sportage. In the end, she chose this one by sight. We could have gone for 2014 model a month later, but she really liked the 2013 model design and size. It drives very sturdy with that 2.0L engine. It's loaded,with Antilock Brake System, Auto Traction Control System (On/Off controllable).... and 8 Airbags! Braking seems excellent. The gas mileage is not good as I expected, but I've heard that it gets better with mileage. So I'm crossing my fingers.

I love my car
By myrtle0562 on 08/23/13 12:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I recently bought my car at Commonwealth Kia in Lawrence MA. I love this car! The dealership was great and I was able to get an awesome deal! I would recommend this car and dealership to all my friends and family!