Used 2013 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

2013 Kia Soul Wagon

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

I love it!!
By haystfang

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Kia Soul ! In white back in November of 2013 and I have never been happier with a vehicle. Everywhere I went for the first year I owned it I received nothing but compliments from friends, coworkers and even strangers at gas stations and other places. The look from the outside made me think that the car was extremely small but when I stepped inside I realized I was wrong. Nearly 2 years later I've only had a problem with the spoiler and the aux input, which my dealership fixed for free and also washed, waxed, changed my oil and rotated my tires for free as well. Needless to say, it's a tiny car that packs a punch, I love to drive it everywhere and I will def choose Kia again.

Favorite Features

I love the extra room underneath the trunk, makes use for storing things that would take up on surface. 2.0L as well, its acceleration for a small car always surprises me.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they would have included more features into it compared to its same priced 2014 model. Also wish the ride wasn't so bumpy at certain points in time, but it's not that big of a deal. Overall, nothing really big disappoints me about this car.

junk
By wfergee

2013 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

worst car I ever owned.poor mileage, poor quality. already replaced steering column, and injectors

Suggested Improvements

stop making them.

I wish I wouldn't have
By Livia Marrissa H

2013 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

So I bought my 2013 soul new and have had issues with too many things, mostly it handles terrible the radio had to be replaced, (never got my free Sirius as promised) knock sensor has now gone bad twice, have the same wiper issue as others, when turning the wheel one way or the other out of the driveway and such it clicks, and it rattles when I accelerate under the hood somewhere, acceleration leaves me more likely to hit the brakes and wait my turn when merging ..and the blind spot are awful, not to mention the noise if back window is down.

The Soul is unique, stands out in a crowd, and a great value!
By mazda5forme

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Kia and Hyundai are the same company, and both build great, value packed vehicles. The KIAs are more targeted towards people who like sporty and stand out styling in their daily drivers. I love my 2013 KIA Soul Exclaim..and after more than a year after purchase has proven to be reliable, extremely well made and overall a fun car. The standard level of equipment is astonishing for what you pay. The powerful 8 speaker Infinity sound system for example is the best I've heard in ANY car. It even includes a separate powered sub-woofer! 8 speakers in total!

Favorite Features

Projector headlights really light up the road...the rear tail lights are LED with around 60 bright red LED's. Also white LED front accent lights. Beautiful and unique 18" aluminum alloy wheels and performance tires. Safety stuff like stability control, traction control, hill start, etc! UVO Microsoft system with rear backup camera! The steering wheel and gear shift lever are leather clad. A big tilt/sliding power tinted sunroof, power folding exterior mirrors...and more included! Lots of head room front and back, good shoulder room, great leg room too.

Suggested Improvements

Any complaints I had...such as the ride quality can be a bit harsh on rough highways were addressed and fine tuned by KIA on the 2014 model!

I liked my 2013 Soul Exclaim soooo much...that I got a 2014 too!
By mazda5forme

2013 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I'm glad I finally found a car brand that doesn't build junk! KIA! Not only did I buy a new 2013 Soul Exclaim for myself...but also my wife got a new Sorento (made at KIA's West Point USA Factory!), my daughter bought a Sportage, my son got a new Forte AND a Soul also! Several great reasons to buy from KIA... 1) Quality. 2nd to none. 2) Perfect paint, well made, all the body panels line up. 3) Crazy level of standard equipment for the price. Bluetooth, steering wheel controls for sound system, backup camera! 4) Even the Dealerships for KIA are professional, clean, friendly and helpful. I'm not used to that...I used to have all Fords! 5) The KIA styling is world class...

Favorite Features

10 year, 100,000 mile warranty! COME ON! Who else has the confidence to give you THAT?!

Suggested Improvements

I was going to suggest that KIA build more of their vehicles here in the USA...but that already are increasing production at their billion dollar new car factory in West Point Georgia! 10,000 new American jobs!