2013 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
KIA= Killed in Action
By fedupwithkia2 on 03/07/14 11:32 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Nothing but problems. Kia difficult to deal with. Gas mileage is not as promised. Gas gauge has too much float Head unit quit working, been replaced Wheel speed sensor almost killed me and a friend throwing my car into limp mode. Ignition switch shorted out and had to be replaced. Radio cutting out. Again. Lights and wipers cut out. Oh did I mention the horrible shake, hard shift, failure to downshift?

Fun, sporty and very safe
By aldrich977 on 02/09/14 12:48 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I had reservations about owning a Soul or any Kia for that matter. I owned a Rio Cinco back when they first came to the US and hated it. But I bought a 2010 model Soul and fell in love. Unfortunately, I rolled it four times after having a seizure and totaled it. I did break my back, neck and my foot, but considering what could have happened...I think the Soul saved my life. Having to buy a new car, I knew exactly what I had to have...another Soul. Having found a new 2013 model with only a few thousand miles I jumped at the chance. I knew if I have another accident my life will be in good hands. The power and pep it offers are remarkable considering what Kia started with years ago!

I Really Love my Kia Soul
By brittneycj on 02/03/14 15:24 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Kia Soul ! in March 2013 and absolutely love it. I think it fits my personality and lifestyle perfectly. I have a yellow lab and can easily throw her in the back.

Look At Something Else
By loversoul on 09/02/13 07:53 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Ok so here is the deal at this point I have over 12000 miles on the car. I bought it in Jan 2013. I knew about some of the bad things like bad blind spot at the rear of the car and the MPG not so great but there are more bad starting to show up like the following: 1. It is noise like crazy when it rains you can hear the rain on top of the car. It sounds like you are in a tin can. 2. The road noise is bad with the windows down but even worse with them up. 3. The paint is starting to chip in some places. 4. The wippers leave a streak in the middle of the drivers side and KIA wont fix it and says the work fine. Bottom line dont get one

My wife loves it!
By soulman5 on 08/31/13 08:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought 2013 white Kia Soul+ 2.0L 6A for my wife, who is a teacher in my county school system. Before, she had 2002 Honda Civic LX. We initially looked into Honda CR-V or KIA Sportage. In the end, she chose this one by sight. We could have gone for 2014 model a month later, but she really liked the 2013 model design and size. It drives very sturdy with that 2.0L engine. It's loaded,with Antilock Brake System, Auto Traction Control System (On/Off controllable).... and 8 Airbags! Braking seems excellent. The gas mileage is not good as I expected, but I've heard that it gets better with mileage. So I'm crossing my fingers.

I love my car
By myrtle0562 on 08/23/13 12:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I recently bought my car at Commonwealth Kia in Lawrence MA. I love this car! The dealership was great and I was able to get an awesome deal! I would recommend this car and dealership to all my friends and family!

It's wonderful
By kellymo719 on 08/14/13 22:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2005 Honda Civic for the 2013 Kia Plus, and I am in love! It is exactly what I was looking for in a car - it's small, but spacious; the back seats fold down and offer a ton of room in the back. I am able to take my bike or my two yellow labs in the car with me no problem! It's got great response when I step on the gas, excellent brakes (and I love the brake assist). Also, mine came with an extra feature to turn on the car from outside, so I can warm it up in the mornings or start the AC, and it stays locked and running, and if someone tries to take it, it will automatically shut off without the keys. It's seriously WONDERFUL!

tremendously disappointed
By jenese2004 on 07/23/13 19:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Ironically I had a kia soul plus, one that I got in 2010 and I had no complaints with it. I had a wreck in December of 2012 and had to get another car. I chose to upgrade and get another soul exclaim, premium package. BIG MISTAKE!! It is an extremely bumpy ride and my kia plus wasn't like that so I was confused by this!!! The leather seats are so hard I had to get a cushion to place on the seats. Whenever I clean my seats or sit on them, lent is always left on them. No matter what I do, lent is always left!!!! Plus i have nothing but problems with the Bluetooth!! The mpg is acceptable I guess and the wheel turns nicely. Those are the redeeming qualities. ALL in all i'm disappointed.

Best car for the money!!
By jsnyd1972 on 07/19/13 22:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2012 Soul+ for a little over a year and have 17K miles on it and can't say enough about it. I love the Infinity sound system upgrade I got and would highly recommend it. It's pretty peppy which I like so I guess I can't complain too much about the fuel economy. I'm a large person at 6'2" and 350 pounds and this is the most comfortable vehicle to get in and out of I've ever had. I'm someone who loves to buy a new car every year (Sometimes even more frequently) but this car I will definitely be hanging on to for many years to come. I don't see how you can beat this vehicles options and warranty for how cheap they are. What a value!!

Noisy
By drspacs on 07/17/13 07:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

If you haven't bought one of these yet when on your test drive make sure you take it out on the interstate then roll the back windows down about halfway. The noise and vibration you will have is un bearable. You can't even talk to anyone not even the passenger. In addition roll down the drivers window about two inches while the back windows are down. It will shake so violently you will think it will shatter. I have spoken to many KIA dealers and they say this is a definite design flaw on several of their vehicles and cannot be resolved. They have contacted KIA engineering and they suggest keeping the windows rolled up at high speeds. Yeah right. Had I know this I would have NEVER bought one

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Kia Soul in VA is:

$139 per month*