2012 Kia Soul 1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Fun Little Car!!

2012 Kia Soul - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Fun Little Car!!
By tayalynn77 on

2012 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have almost 9,000 miles on my Kia Soul. So far itís doing great. I am averaging about 32 mpg in the city. Only one kid left at home now so I am down-sizing my life so I got rid of my luxury mini-van and went with the simplest and cheapest new car I could find. I went with the 6 speed. I bought the car with my business in mind so I have graphics and tinted windows installed. I also purchased a center console/arm rest which I love. The car is not the best for long trips. I took it to Florida (about a 16 hour drive) and we nearly were blown off the highway a few times. It handled fabulously other than that. We even had an 18 wheeler tire explode just as we were passing the truck and my husband managed to drive and shuttle around the pieces of tire with no damage or incident. Eventually this will become my husbandís every day car and I will get something better for traveling. All in all, a great little car to scoot around town in! Yesterday I got a letter from my dealer stating that they needed some 2012 Souls and wanted to try and put me in something else if I wanted to trade it in. Iíll pass!

Favorite Features

Love the 6 Speed Transmission and the Satellite Radio! Quite zippy!

Suggested Improvements

Needs an armrest on ALL models for the driver. I found an aftermarket so it's not an issue now.