Fun AND Value
By kevster63 on
2012 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
I have had my Soul for about 9 months now, and have 11K miles on her. I find it way too fun to drive, and as a daily driver I find my commute a far better experience than it once was. It has great performance considering the 2.0 liter engine (I also own a Hemi...), and scoots along just fine. The biggest issue is its lack of aerodynamics (but the BOX is cute!) so its mileage suffers on the highway if you are travelling faster than 65-70mph. Below 65mph it gets GREAT mileage, so I can easily average 30 mpg on my daily commute (20/80 city/hwy). Comfy seats, Awesome UVO sound system, bluetooth features, and more, make it fun! I have had absolutely NO reliability issues! 11K miles and HAPPY!
Favorite Features
Steering wheel controls for UVO sound system and blue tooth/phone/cruise control are excellent. The 6 speed automatic tranny is the best I have EVER experienced. The back-up camera is a nice feature as is the auto dimming mirror and automatic headlights. Electric windows and door locks, cruise control, and great crash test ratings. The Soul is small and light enough it feels very powerful and brakes work so well your eyes will bug out. I was happy to find the Kia engineers got rid of the timing belt and are using a chain, so it will save on the maintenance bills down the road. The colored LED front speakers make me feel young again!
Suggested Improvements
There aren't many improvements you can do to this car without increasing the price. and part of the fun of owning it, is its reasonable price. Kia could install electric adjustable front seats, and make the fuel tank a bit larger than the current 12 gallons. They could add the colored LED speakers to the rear seats too. And if you really want to spend money, an all wheel drive option might help those in snowy climates. Otherwise, the Soul is a FINE little automobile just the way it is!