2012 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
Lousy fuel economy...
By dwilson on 04/03/12 05:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I waited for the 2012 due to its supposed improved fuel economy. I had a Honda element AWD which averaged about 25mpg. Much bigger and heavier than the soul. I am averaging about 27 or 28 with this little car... Same type of driving. I figured to save about $700 a year on gas... Actually maybe $150.... I wish I had kept the Honda....

Feels good!
By goodstuff35 on 02/17/12 15:46 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased mine new from Lee Johnson Kia in Kirkland Wa. The experience there was excellent. I have almost 700 Miles on the Soul now. The Good: Lots of well laid out Bells and whistles. The Factory Sat radio/CD/USB/bluetooth works nicely and the sound is great for stock. The interior feels much more roomy than you would think. The 2.0L engine is very peppy and the 6 speed auto shifts smoothly. My Soul hasn't been broken in entirely yet but I'm getting 22 in stop and go traffic to work and 31 on the freeway. I like the MPG display on the dash. Speaking of the dash the white and red lighting is clear in the sun and easy on the eyes at night. Big improvements in the road noise for the 2012!

I LOVE THIS CAR
By kiafan1 on 01/22/12 06:43 AM (PST)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I never take the time to write reviews, but I made it a point to find the time to give my opinion on this car. Thank you KIA....you have made a GREAT car for an incredible price. Occupy wall street should hail you for doing your part and giving back. I have the car about 6 months now and loving t. My first car is a BMW and I can't wait to get into my KIA SOUL. It is spacious, fun, easy to drive, great on gas, lots of safety features, high tech....and I think I mentioned the value. Love the way it Zips around. What else could u possibly need or want in a car.

Mixed Reviews on the Soul +
By kunadave on 01/07/12 17:25 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have a mixed review of the 2012 Kia Soul. The positive points are that the car was inexpensive to buy, very space efficient and produces excellent fuel economy. I have a handicapped girlfriend and the seat is the right height for her to slide out of her scooter and into the seat. I can also fold the scooter and fit it into the back. This is good. The fuel economy guide tells me that the car is rated at 27/35 mpg. I only use this car for commuting 20-miles each way. My fuel economy average has always between 32 and 34 mpg in normal urban driving. This too is good. The negatives are that the car has really annoying characteristics. The key fob is too big to fit into my pants pocket without leaving a bulge. I tried to find a normal key just to open the door but goofy Kia changed the size of the key blank (for 2012). I can’t find a locksmith with the right size anyway. The car also turns off the radio and then yells at me to coordinate my cell phone with its Bluetooth system. My phone is too old to for bluetooth so I get yelled at twice a week forever? The car probably learned to yell from Kia Customer Service people; they yell too. The car has no spare tire but it does have an emergency inflator. I live at the end of civilization in Idaho and there is often no cell phone service when I go fishing/hunting. I can’t be sure that I can get roadside assistance if the car has a flat outside the cell phone service area. And I have to carry a cell phone? I would think that adding a spare tire is cheaper than paying the crabby customer service people. Overall, the car is very good at what it does; efficiently moving people at low cost. It is just so annoying in operation that I will not buy a Kia again. I’ll buy another new full-sized pickup and pay the extra fuel costs with the money I save from the truck’s lower purchase cost and lower insurance cost Kuna Dave

I'm A Soul Man!
By black_soul_man on 12/18/11 10:41 AM (PST)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Its a great car for the money.. I purchased a base soul with the 1.6 automatic 6 speed ac power windows Cruz and a very nice stereo system. I still cant believe that you would get so many accessories with only buying a base model car. Back in the old days you where lucky enough to get a cigarette lighter. they claim to get 26/35 mpg's so far I have been getting 38 with mixed driving city/ hwy. Again I'm Not a lead footed driver. all I can say is Wow I fell in love with this car.. it handles like a dream This had been my fifth new car purchased in the last 30 years and after buying those American made cars fords & chevys I always had regrets afterwords. but not with this car.....

OUTSTANDING Vehicle`
By wyowes on 12/14/11 09:16 AM (PST)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2012 Kia Soul from Weseloh Kia in Carlsbad, CA. First of all the dealership was outstanding as well as the folks--Elise and Oscar--to took care of me. They were all just amazing. I love my car. This is the 3rd Kia our family has purchased. Together with the quality of the car, the look, and the warranty, and of course all the air bags, I wouldn't get any other model. Also the price is right, too! Thank you to all who are connected with this Car Dealer.

Pretty good for a first new car!
By letzgostate on 12/10/11 21:33 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Got my 2012 base manual soul the first day they had them on the lot. I chose the manual base and love the 6-speed. The car is amazingly peppy. Since getting mine I have had to have a new rear axle put on the car (I had the swaying road problem too), a new gauge cluster installed, I have had a flat that was not fixable with the fix-a-flat system in the car, and I had a pebble nick the windshield, create a small pit, and quickly had a crack over a foot spread across the windshield, and I have had the battery die for no apparent reason. Aside from those problems, the car has been awesome! Take advantage of roadside assistance, I have 3x already and always quick and free! Oh, and 38 mpg mixed!

Soul
By anniehall1 on 12/04/11 07:02 AM (PST)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Great experience buying newSsoul at Jeff Belzers in Lakeville MN. Working with internet Leasing Consultant Kara Little was great NO Pressure Love the Soul fun with the automatic transmission over ride to manual what a blast

steering problem
By signman945 on 11/11/11 01:56 AM (PST)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

i just leased one and found it seems to wander from one side to other ,constantly having to move steering wheel back and forth (a small amount but after awhile this gets annoying)never had a vehicle do this, it is like being behind a tractor trailer or in high winds even in local traffic if you let go of wheel it goes slightly right then after correcting it for this it goes to left ,then you correct and then stars all over again, going to take back to dealer only have it for one day. test drive was on back roads not on straight open level roads

Kia Soul Exclaim
By belleairbear on 11/10/11 18:26 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I just got a Red Exclaim with the Navigation System. It does have voice controls for navigation and phone and Radio. It does not have HD Radio. If you are 6ft 3in+ your foot will get very tired for any trips, because the seat will not go back enough.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Kia Soul Wagon in VA is:

$135 per month*