Used 2012 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Love it so far
By rltech07

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Soul+ for exactly 3 days, and I'm officially in love. This little car is comfortable, surprisingly spritely to drive, and very economical. We traded a 2002 Jeep Liberty, which is probably the polar opposite of a Kia. We gave up a tiny bit of cargo room and some horsepower. We gained state-of-the-art safety and a vehicle that is a joy to drive - so far. I realize it's early days. Something may go wrong, but right now I feel like this is not just a car, it's a large, gas sipping pet.

Front visibility, options, gas mileage, cargo space, overall design.

For what it is, I wouldn't suggest many improvements. A few more horsepower maybe. Homelink standard on all models.

JUNK@7k Miles POOR FUEL ECONOMY! DIES! IDLES BAD!
By

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Car dies and idles ROUGH! get 19-21 mpg! Has a lot options but they wont get you were you need to go..Car has moderate power for a 4cy...seats are ok comfort has lots of room...Buy a honda element used and you will be much happier...bluetooth is crappy

Blue tooth, mp3,ipod hook up, manushif 4th gear has wide range

MPG! Hyundai/Kia needs to stop selling this same old tired junk this drives and runs the same as my 2004 hyundai elantra 2.0 JUNK! will never own kia/hyundai again (there sister companies)

Best Little Compact Station Wagon For Your Money
By lovemysoul1

2012 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Kia Soul Exclaim 2 weeks ago and have driven it over 800 miles without any issues. My Exclaim is loaded and for the value, coming in at apprx. $23,000--it can't be beat. I test drove the Scion XD, XB, Nissan Cube and the Honda Element-- no comparison. The Kia Soul beat all of them hands down. My family gave me a very hard time about being a Kia, stating the quality would be horrible. This might have been true several years ago, but Kia has since brought in German engineering and the car is fabulous for the money. Plus a blast to drive-- just love it--Also the sunroof and leather seats are totally worth the extra $$ if you are used to having a nicer vehicle. Two thumbs up!

Ease of driveability, the knobs are in the right place. Teh UVO and navigation system are excellent. The sound system is amazing for a car at this price and in the sub-compact category. Plenty of space in the rear seats for 2 grown adults to sit and not feel that horrible sub-compact cramping of legs. Generous cargo space when seats are folded down. Just a great little car for the money-- we love it!!!

More exterior paint color selections. My friend wants to buy one but she wants it in blue and the Soul doesnt come in that color. Also no need for the silly music/light pulsating feature on the speakers-- I would haev much rather preferred a seat memory feature over that totally useless add-on. Great if you are 20 and buying this car, but useless if you are much older.

Unhappy Owner
By kmcars123

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Car hesitates and kills when stopping. Have owned for 9 months and Kia is still trying to get it fixed. Have been assigned Kia rep by corporate offices, but they don't really seem to care and are almost impossible to get a hold of. Since car is in shop again for last 3 weeks...will be filing Lemon Law, and hopefully we will get some results.

Plenty of room inside. Like Bluetooth and other features included for a car in this lower price range.

Include a spare tire.

Kia Soul Review
By schuls

2012 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new car more & more each day.

bluetooth, key, satellite radio, spacious