2012 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
JUNK@7k Miles POOR FUEL ECONOMY! DIES! IDLES BAD!
By on 07/18/12 09:48 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Car dies and idles ROUGH! get 19-21 mpg! Has a lot options but they wont get you were you need to go..Car has moderate power for a 4cy...seats are ok comfort has lots of room...Buy a honda element used and you will be much happier...bluetooth is crappy

Best Little Compact Station Wagon For Your Money
By lovemysoul1 on 07/11/12 17:37 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Kia Soul Exclaim 2 weeks ago and have driven it over 800 miles without any issues. My Exclaim is loaded and for the value, coming in at apprx. $23,000--it can't be beat. I test drove the Scion XD, XB, Nissan Cube and the Honda Element-- no comparison. The Kia Soul beat all of them hands down. My family gave me a very hard time about being a Kia, stating the quality would be horrible. This might have been true several years ago, but Kia has since brought in German engineering and the car is fabulous for the money. Plus a blast to drive-- just love it--Also the sunroof and leather seats are totally worth the extra $$ if you are used to having a nicer vehicle. Two thumbs up!

Unhappy Owner
By kmcars123 on 07/10/12 18:58 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Car hesitates and kills when stopping. Have owned for 9 months and Kia is still trying to get it fixed. Have been assigned Kia rep by corporate offices, but they don't really seem to care and are almost impossible to get a hold of. Since car is in shop again for last 3 weeks...will be filing Lemon Law, and hopefully we will get some results.

Kia Soul Review
By schuls on 07/09/12 08:33 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new car more & more each day.

Wow!
By fdarcy on 07/06/12 21:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new Kia Soul! I have one child, and this is a perfect little vehicle for my small family to drive in town and in the country. The gas mileage is fabulous for long drives and I can easily park in small parking spots in the city. I have not owned a car I love this much in a very long time. There is plenty of cargo space in the back, and I LOVE the satellite radio! The combination of great features and great gas mileage makes road trips exciting rather than exasperating. We are so pleased to have purchased this car!

Beware the Tires
By smartshopper99 on 07/05/12 09:14 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

A good fun car. Good gas mileage. Lots of room. Easy to maneuver. Nice visibility. Service is horrible. No spare tire! Tires are lousy. I don't think they're safe. Two flats in less than six months normal driving. Set $600 back to put decent tires on, won't believe how it improves the ride.

Fun AND Value
By kevster63 on 06/25/12 07:44 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Soul for about 9 months now, and have 11K miles on her. I find it way too fun to drive, and as a daily driver I find my commute a far better experience than it once was. It has great performance considering the 2.0 liter engine (I also own a Hemi...), and scoots along just fine. The biggest issue is its lack of aerodynamics (but the BOX is cute!) so its mileage suffers on the highway if you are travelling faster than 65-70mph. Below 65mph it gets GREAT mileage, so I can easily average 30 mpg on my daily commute (20/80 city/hwy). Comfy seats, Awesome UVO sound system, bluetooth features, and more, make it fun! I have had absolutely NO reliability issues! 11K miles and HAPPY!

We LOVE this car!!
By chevegan on 05/28/12 07:33 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car is a dream. We've owned (all new) Honda: accord, civic, Pilot, Toyota Camry, Subaru Legacy, PT cruiser (loser), as well as an 08 Kia spectra, and currently a family owned since new 97 mbz e420. Of ALL those cars, Barring maybe the 09 legacy this car trumps them all in being an all around beauty and performer. With the seats down it's a workhorse, with a car seat 2 adults can fit in the back seat. The back with optional tray is exceptionally organized and has plenty of room for your day to day runs. I have severe nerve damage to back and leg and this thing pulls off an outstandingly comfortable ride, note the exclaim model has better ride comfort

Great Fuel Economy, and Fun!
By kamiller1991 on 05/22/12 05:08 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I fell in love with this car when I saw it on the commercials, and to actual find out that it's fun to drive and gets great gas mileage when I actual went to look at it was AWESOME! It has plenty of room in the trunk for my two dogs (Labrador and a Pug) so I don't have to worry about fur on the seats. It also has plenty of room to load of the baby and the husband! I have been able to get up to 41mpg on the highway (going 55mph, not really highway, high speed back roads) and anywhere from 32mpg-35mpg city. The only thing I do not like about the car is the clutch stick when you're on a hill, I tend to gun it because I forget it kicks in. Other than that, GREAT car!

Great "Around Town" Car
By jra8 on 04/03/12 13:19 PM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

Definately a fun car to drive. Bought as companion to Chrysler Van, whose capacity I need about 20% of the time. The Soul is perfect fo the 80% of the time it is 1 or 2 people, and a brief case or gym bag. I am getting 31-33 MPG around town (1.6lengine,automatic). I use ECO mode about half the time. Love how quick and agile it is. Interesting that highway mileage has been well below estimates. At 70 MPH, RPMs are 2800. Need to be at about 55 to get advertised MPG. Overall, very happy after 1000 miles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Kia Soul Wagon in VA is:

$145 per month*