2012 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
Fun Little Car!!
By tayalynn77 on 10/02/12 03:28 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have almost 9,000 miles on my Kia Soul. So far itís doing great. I am averaging about 32 mpg in the city. Only one kid left at home now so I am down-sizing my life so I got rid of my luxury mini-van and went with the simplest and cheapest new car I could find. I went with the 6 speed. I bought the car with my business in mind so I have graphics and tinted windows installed. I also purchased a center console/arm rest which I love. The car is not the best for long trips. I took it to Florida (about a 16 hour drive) and we nearly were blown off the highway a few times. It handled fabulously other than that. We even had an 18 wheeler tire explode just as we were passing the truck and my husband managed to drive and shuttle around the pieces of tire with no damage or incident. Eventually this will become my husbandís every day car and I will get something better for traveling. All in all, a great little car to scoot around town in! Yesterday I got a letter from my dealer stating that they needed some 2012 Souls and wanted to try and put me in something else if I wanted to trade it in. Iíll pass!

16,000 miles and no problems
By hamsterman1 on 08/27/12 09:28 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This car is awesom. I have owned two Scion XB's. One was a 2005 and the other a 2006. Don't get me wrong it is a good car, but the Kia Soul beats the xb in every way. six speed is fun. features are awesome. I don't need all of the extra junk on the higher priced models. I average 36 miles to a gallon going 75mph 130 miles a day. I have put over 16,000 on this car with no problems. All I do is change the oil. I'm six foot and my son is 6 foot. even with the car loaded down (more cago than the xb) I still have plenty of power and tons of room. I bought this car because of price and the warranty can't be beat. If you want a good car at a great price. Then this is the car for you. Love u Kia!

Great Fuel Economy, and Fun!
By kamiller1991 on 05/22/12 05:08 AM (PDT)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I fell in love with this car when I saw it on the commercials, and to actual find out that it's fun to drive and gets great gas mileage when I actual went to look at it was AWESOME! It has plenty of room in the trunk for my two dogs (Labrador and a Pug) so I don't have to worry about fur on the seats. It also has plenty of room to load of the baby and the husband! I have been able to get up to 41mpg on the highway (going 55mph, not really highway, high speed back roads) and anywhere from 32mpg-35mpg city. The only thing I do not like about the car is the clutch stick when you're on a hill, I tend to gun it because I forget it kicks in. Other than that, GREAT car!

Pretty good for a first new car!
By letzgostate on 12/10/11 21:33 PM (PST)

2012 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Got my 2012 base manual soul the first day they had them on the lot. I chose the manual base and love the 6-speed. The car is amazingly peppy. Since getting mine I have had to have a new rear axle put on the car (I had the swaying road problem too), a new gauge cluster installed, I have had a flat that was not fixable with the fix-a-flat system in the car, and I had a pebble nick the windshield, create a small pit, and quickly had a crack over a foot spread across the windshield, and I have had the battery die for no apparent reason. Aside from those problems, the car has been awesome! Take advantage of roadside assistance, I have 3x already and always quick and free! Oh, and 38 mpg mixed!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Kia Soul Wagon in VA is:

$145 per month*