Used 2012 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Nice Set of Wheels
By Ed Ross

2012 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We had been married 44 years. For the first time in our marriage, my wife asked for a specific car, the Soul! I said, a what? We usually buy a new car ever year or two; I give her the new one and I use the older one in my sales job. My wife loves this car. She is 5'2" and it fits her perfectly. It sets higher so she can see fine and this makes getting in and out much easier for her. We have had no problems with the car. It has excellent pick up and stops well. It will seat five but one of them had better be a child in the back seat! Our only complaint is that the ride is harsher than need be. I understand the new ones are a bit softer. I don't like not having a spare tire so I got one at the junk yard. I change my own oil and it is easy to do on the Soul. We bought this car with 3000 miles on it, the previous owner felt is was too small for his family but it is perfect for us. All our kids are grown. Gas mileage is a little less than I had hoped for. At 65 mph and on the flat Interstates in IL, I cannot get over 30 and a milk a car for gas mileage. I could get 36 on our 2010 Malibu on the same roads. I didn't like that it did not have "driving lights" so I bought OEM fog lights on eBay and installed them so that they are on whenever the ignition is on. I do like the fact that after an amount of time, the car will automatically turn off any lights left on after you turn the car off; headlights, dome light, etc. My wife and I would highly recommend the Kia Soul. We have the "Plus" model. We have only had one recall and that was optional.

Sweet Soul Sister
By Michelle Pennington

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Do your homework don't overpay particularly for the base auto model. Excellent car

in my soul
By Jeffrey

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car for my wife and like every other car, I end up with it when she outgrows it. I am a car guy, owning a chevelle convertible, camaros and a nova, this is not a car I would go looking for. But I like it. It is easy to work on. I changed the brakes before noon last Saturday. The oil and filter are right up front. It drives tight with a nice build of torque through the low to mid range. Mine is the + model which has every useful piece of tech in it but no screen, which in my opinion is far worse than a physical nob. The false speaker in the middle is a terrible design since it is a focal point of the dash, I will figure out something creative to do with that. Good car.

Continual Electronic Failures
By ohmysoul

2012 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2012 Kia Soul with all the extras, my first brand new car in 25 years. The added features only work part of the time which is majorly disappointing. I have complained several times and the dealer admitted there were problems and replaced the system, TWICE! All my music was wiped out. I've had the music go haywire while driving going between one song and another almost causing a wreck. The sun roof sometimes won't open and the backup camera sometimes won't come on. I was in a car accident that wasn't my fault and my blue tooth would NOT call 911! After all repairs the system completely locked up and I could not make or receive calls.

All my favorite features are the ones that don't work!

Test your systems before you sell them to customers.

Love the Soul!
By cheat

2012 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Kia Soul Base new in July 2012. I tried out Audis, VWs, Volvos, Chevrolets, and the Soul hands-down won me over. I LOVE the high stance (just wish they had an AWD option), quirky exterior, and modern interior. Even with the base model (auto, btw) it's loaded with features - Bluetooth (which is awesome!), power everything except mirrors, cruise control, USB and AUX ports, you get the point. I have had no issues with my Soul, and have since put about 20,000 on it in less than a year, and love every mile I've driven it. It really has some get-up-and-go for a 1.8 L 4 cyl. I've added my own 'unique' features to the car, such as a red carbon fiber interior/exterior kit.

Everything except the lack of a spare tire.

Wish they had an AWD option and a spare tire with every car (NOT the fix a flat kit).

• SUV