Used 2012 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

in my soul
By Jeffrey

2012 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car for my wife and like every other car, I end up with it when she outgrows it. I am a car guy, owning a chevelle convertible, camaros and a nova, this is not a car I would go looking for. But I like it. It is easy to work on. I changed the brakes before noon last Saturday. The oil and filter are right up front. It drives tight with a nice build of torque through the low to mid range. Mine is the + model which has every useful piece of tech in it but no screen, which in my opinion is far worse than a physical nob. The false speaker in the middle is a terrible design since it is a focal point of the dash, I will figure out something creative to do with that. Good car.

Continual Electronic Failures
By ohmysoul

2012 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2012 Kia Soul with all the extras, my first brand new car in 25 years. The added features only work part of the time which is majorly disappointing. I have complained several times and the dealer admitted there were problems and replaced the system, TWICE! All my music was wiped out. I've had the music go haywire while driving going between one song and another almost causing a wreck. The sun roof sometimes won't open and the backup camera sometimes won't come on. I was in a car accident that wasn't my fault and my blue tooth would NOT call 911! After all repairs the system completely locked up and I could not make or receive calls.

All my favorite features are the ones that don't work!

Test your systems before you sell them to customers.

Love the Soul!
By cheat

2012 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Kia Soul Base new in July 2012. I tried out Audis, VWs, Volvos, Chevrolets, and the Soul hands-down won me over. I LOVE the high stance (just wish they had an AWD option), quirky exterior, and modern interior. Even with the base model (auto, btw) it's loaded with features - Bluetooth (which is awesome!), power everything except mirrors, cruise control, USB and AUX ports, you get the point. I have had no issues with my Soul, and have since put about 20,000 on it in less than a year, and love every mile I've driven it. It really has some get-up-and-go for a 1.8 L 4 cyl. I've added my own 'unique' features to the car, such as a red carbon fiber interior/exterior kit.

Everything except the lack of a spare tire.

Wish they had an AWD option and a spare tire with every car (NOT the fix a flat kit).

OUTSTANDING car!!!!
By soulgal12

2012 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned a lot of different vehicles in my lifetime -- from sport cars to Full-size 4x4 trucks to economy-minded transportation. I can honestly say that by far this little 2012 Kia Soul + is my FAVORITE vehicle I have owned!! I purchased my Soul + new in October, 2012 and have put over 20,000 miles on it. I can not say there is one thing that I do NOT love about this car! The handling is outstanding for how high the profile of the vehicle is. The wide stance of the car allows it to handle amazing! The storage capabilities are outstanding as well! With the rear seats folded down you can haul an amazing amount of stuff!! Plus it's roomy enough that you can fit 5 adults in it!

Handling, Storage, Ride, Sound System, Fuel Economy (ok, so there was a discrepancy from the window sticker to the actual -- that's OK! KIA unlike other auto manufacturers owned up to it and is giving affected owners cash back!) is VERY GOOD, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ability to drive it as a manual or an automatic!!!!! I've grown up under the hood of a car -- I am a total gear head and can honestly say that I can't find anything NOT to love about this car!

DON'T CHANGE! This car is outstanding! Only thing I can suggest is that they put something in place to prevent the glove box light from coming on while the glove box is closed. I put some felt "feet" that go on the bottom of coasters and that seems to have done the trick.

2 months and already MAJOR issues??
By rs33983

2012 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The headrest are EXTREMELY uncomfortable for a 6'0" person. Less than 2 moths old and in service for 3 different items. A bad vibration on interstate. The power door locks malfunctioning. A rattling noise at warm start up in the engine. Very disappointed.

Cute car, sporty, fun to drive.

Better headrest Better build quality