2011 Kia Soul Consumer Review: You don't drive the Soul; You

2011 Kia Soul - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

You don't drive the Soul; You WEAR it
By bill6505 on

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my base model Kia Soul in late May, 2011 and have put 8,800 miles on to date. Good value and fun to drive. Lots of room inside. The car is nimble and the brakes excellent. Biggest problem is driving it like a sports car, and forgetting that the vehicles around me can't stop as quickly under yellow lights.Gas mileage averaging 27.5 local, and 29.5 on trips Shape is unusual and draws comments and curiosity. Like the fact I can find it in a parking lot, because it doesn't look like a lot of other cars. ( I am a 68 year old male). This is my third Kia, if I count the 1992 Ford Festiva, which was made by Kia. Can't beat the value for the money. Quality and dependability good.

Favorite Features

Interior is spacious and offers good headroom for tall people. Great distance in back seat. Good handling and awesome brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Don't like the noise. Fuel pump is noisy, whine in the engine around 70 MPH. Dealer can't find. Nexen tires are poorly made and USA agents will not stand behind. Have replaced three of the four for crooked and noisy treads. Next time I will buy without tires, and have Michelins put on from the start. Rear pillars create blind spot. Wish it was another foot longer in back. No cruise control is a problem. Plastic trim inside scratches is you just look at it wrong.