Overall pretty disappointed
By addriiannaa on
2011 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my 11' kia soul plus in a manual trans in june-11' At first it was a nice car, loved it..until driving it everyday it began to annoy me. The door panels were easily scratched, and stained by water which you had to SCRUB to get the marks off..opened the door in the rain and theres now water marks on the seat from RAIN.But my biggest bother is how noisy the car is, road noise and mostly ENGINE noise, it WHINES VERY LOUDLY on the highway or anything over 40mph and makes it difficult to enjoy the drive. Not a zippy car at all, boring to drive. Trading it in for an 11' optima or something a little more worth its value for what ide like, comfort, style, and fun to drive..
Favorite Features
Lots of space, foot room&head room, AMAZING stereo system, syle-ish.
Suggested Improvements
Possibly make the car lower to the ground so you dont feel like your getting blown around all the time, add a SMALL turbo charger so you dont waste 1/8th of a tank of gas trying to get up to speed, maybe make had installation on the firewall to prevent the excessive engine noise, change the seat material/panel material
By ladon1
on 12/13/11 11:32 AM (PST)

I have kia soul with 12300 miles and has timing belt has a clatter noise on the coast and the belt wines like crazy. You can be in park and rev engine between 2 an 3 thousand rpm an on the idle down you will get a loud clatter. They have adjusted on the belt and you hear it on the take off and idle now. I had it in dealer 4 times an they have worked on it an still not fixed it. Now they say it normal. I very concerned over this. Anybody else had this problem contact me at don3250@bellsouth.net. I had have filed complaint with Kia corporate. Almost every site I go to talks about engine noise I for one have paid to much to get a lemon!