2011 Kia Soul 2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - nice car, but wish it

2011 Kia Soul - Consumer Review

2011 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

+ Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

nice car, but wish it got better mpg
By seiri on

2011 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the + for almost a year now and have around 12,000 miles on it. In the CITY I average 23.5mpg and near 27mpg HWY...it is a small tank and usually only costs around $30 to fill up and it lasts around a week and a half. HOWEVER, the cup holders are the worst design ever. There are bottle holders on each door, but for something with a lid and straw there is only one usable spot. The inside is nice, but scuffs up easily and the seats stain easily. There is a HUGE blind spot when backing out of a parking spot. I would not buy again over some of the new choices out there and would strongly consider spending 3-4k more on a slightly better designed car.

Favorite Features

Cute look, great leg and head room, good storage space even with all seats up, sits higher off the ground than other similarly priced cars.

Suggested Improvements

improve mpg, better designed cup holders, different seating material that doesn't stain just from water, slightly better material for the dash and doors that don't scuff with the lightest scratch. Fix the horrid blind spot when backing out, make the seats fold completely flat when down.
By redhatter07
on 07/22/12 17:17 PM (PDT)

I agree with the blind spot...I have a 2010 Kia Soul....wish it had a bigger gas tank.