A new way to roll; and yes, it's no mini, but that's GOOD.
By joe331 on
2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
My previous car was a mini. Everything about this car is better as far as I am concerned with few exceptions. It's not fast, but, it's still a lot of fun to drive and it's plenty fast enough. It is easier to get in and out of than the mini, it holds 4 big adults comfortably, everything works well, The base stereoe sounds way better than the mini's. Gas is a trade off, mine got a little better mileage but the soul burns regular. It shifts just fine with the manual trans; I have no idea what all the fuss about vague shifting is about ... I never miss a gear, the clutch is light and easy, shifting is effortless. A great car, looks good, engine even sounds better than the mini.
Favorite Features
Shifting is fun, style is cool, layout is wonderful, lots of room to stow things, nice ride, it's a cruise-mobile and a head turner!
Suggested Improvements
Can't really do better for the money. It's a steal! OK, maybe a bigger gas tank and a 6th gear. But then the price will go up ;-)
By rt52
on 02/05/11 13:53 PM (PST)

We bought a 2011 base model 1 week ago today. With the snow storm in our area the car was parked until this past Thursday. While driving to work we found the horn did not work. On the way home we discovered the back window made ear piercing screams as it was rolled down (power windows) and on Friday while applying the brakes the car started to shimmy and vibrate back and forth. I have called the dealer several times but no one is calling back. We do like the car and perhaps these are minor fixes but wondering if we bought a lemon. We also were given, by mistake, the dealer check list. It says we were supposed to get the clickers to lock and unlock the car and we didn't get those. This car does have power locks so it should come with the key chain clickers. We did get 1 key and we live in a small town and the local hardware store says they can't make one. Again, waiting on the dealer to call back. Now, all of the above aside we do like the style of the car, it is fun to drive and holds our 2 girls and us comfortably. I can easily get in and out of the car with my disabilities. We got this car at a great price but wonder if the old saying *you get what you pay for* applies here since it has been driven 3 days and already there are problems. What's next?