Used 2011 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Quite Pleased With my Soul Sport
By fudogdad

2011 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2011 Soul Sport. With all the options but remote start. The car drives and handles great. I drive about an hour to and from work each day. The car has decent pick up so I'm not a nervous Nelly when attempting to pass some traffic. I wish the seat had a bit more functionality. It's taken me a bit more time then typical to find my sweet spot. The seat doesn't go back far enough so, anyone taller than around 5' 11" may have an issue with space. I'm 5' 11" and the seat is all the way back. The Tilt wheel is nice but Telescopic would be best. I love all the features of the car. Over all, I love the car. I traded in my Dodge Magnum R/T. It was a serious change by no regrets. Saves on Gas!

Blue Tooth is a major plus. MP3 player enabled me to have far fewer discs but no less music. The IP connection is fantastic, but I don't need it since I converted my tunes to MP3...it's simpler. Love the fog lights and the moon roof. The Smart Key is a God Send. There is nothing like not having to take the keys out of my pocket in the morning when I have my hands full with Coffee and my laptop. Very nice feature.

The Driver seat doesn't go back far enough. If I were an inch taller, I would have had to pass on this car which would have been a shame since I love the car.

You don't drive the Soul; You WEAR it
By bill6505

2011 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my base model Kia Soul in late May, 2011 and have put 8,800 miles on to date. Good value and fun to drive. Lots of room inside. The car is nimble and the brakes excellent. Biggest problem is driving it like a sports car, and forgetting that the vehicles around me can't stop as quickly under yellow lights.Gas mileage averaging 27.5 local, and 29.5 on trips Shape is unusual and draws comments and curiosity. Like the fact I can find it in a parking lot, because it doesn't look like a lot of other cars. ( I am a 68 year old male). This is my third Kia, if I count the 1992 Ford Festiva, which was made by Kia. Can't beat the value for the money. Quality and dependability good.

Interior is spacious and offers good headroom for tall people. Great distance in back seat. Good handling and awesome brakes.

Don't like the noise. Fuel pump is noisy, whine in the engine around 70 MPH. Dealer can't find. Nexen tires are poorly made and USA agents will not stand behind. Have replaced three of the four for crooked and noisy treads. Next time I will buy without tires, and have Michelins put on from the start. Rear pillars create blind spot. Wish it was another foot longer in back. No cruise control is a problem. Plastic trim inside scratches is you just look at it wrong.

Automatic door locks
By tinakaycasteel

2011 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am very disapointed that the Soul does not have automatic door locks. If I would have known that up front.....I would not have bought the car. The automatic door locks have been on my cars for the last 18 yrs and with children and a four door car I feal that; that is a must have. I also think that the insides scuff up real easy and its hard to come clean. The 2 cup holders in the middle are useless when you can only use one of them. If you put a 2nd drnik in the cup holder it gets caught on the console and spills all over the place. So your passenger has to hold there drink "fountain drink that is" The middle console is very small and sits to far back. I can't use it for an armrest.

I like my leather seats, seat warmers ,radio, exterior color "dune", sun roof, and I like that both back sets lay down. Regardless of what anyone else says about the gas mileage.....I am getting around 30 miles a gallon in the city. I got 311 miles on one tank of gas.

Automatic door locks.....please.

LOVE IT!!!
By emroozfarda

2011 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my return to college. Peppy off the line, GREAT on gas (280 miles on first tank), suprisingly roomy for passengers, chock full of features for the price. I've read it noisey at high speeds, NOT TRUE. Very comfortable simply FUN to drive. Definitely get the windows tinted. 95% of the negative comments about this car I did not experience. My previous car was employer provided and much more expensive. The Soul matches and beats it in most areas with the exception of power. The Soul is a 4-banger but gets up to speed when needed. If you are a racer, this car isnt for you. Otherwise this car is absolutely WONDERFUL.

Keyless entry, push button start, Bluetooth handsfree cell phone pairing, Satellite radio, heated seats, colorful displays. Definitely get the Sport with leather seats.

More rear storage space - the rear hatch area is lacking but the rear seats do fold forward for plenty of room. The only other change I would make is a larger engine - 2.3 or 2.5. It seems the car demands that for the people looking for peppier ride. For me, the 2.0 is fine.

EXCELLENT VALUE
By datzunzcar

2011 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Kia on 8/01/11 and have put over 2700 miles on it. I have averaged 31 mpg on every tank of gas and am extremely pleased with my purchase. From the moment I purchased this car it has been easy to just get in and take off driving. Me and my three kids love it and they have plenty of room to stretch out and be comfortable. I never thought about owning a Kia until this car came out and I like the design and roominess inside. The price is excellent at only $13500 and the 10/100,000 mile warranty makes it even better. If you are looking for a quality automobile for a great price and standard features of higher priced cars look no further than the KIA SOUL as you will not be disappointed

My Favorite feature would be the Satelite Radio and the great gas mileage.

The only improvement I think would be either a six speed transmission for even better gas mileage and a little more power for quicker response for passing slower traffic.

• SUV