2011 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
Just what I was looking for
By raven66 on 02/11/11 20:03 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After putting 110,000 miles on a 2006 Kia Rio, I decided last November to take a look at a new 2011 Kia Soul. I was looking for something with more cargo room and easier to get in and out of. I was also hoping for at least similar gas mileage as the Rio. The Soul fit the bill perfectly. I also like the greater ground clearance and better visibility afforded by the extra overall height. It does ride more truck-like than the Rio, but that is fine with me: I feel I'm in more control and in tune with the road. With a mix of highway and in-town driving, I'm getting on average 32 to 35 mpg with the Soul, which was unexpected. A great car for the price, with all the standard perks.

so far so good.
By tegen on 01/30/11 18:21 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Soul for a week and so far I like it. It handles well, Takes wind pretty good, taking a little adjusting since I had a Kia Rio5 before. Its taller then my last car. but has more space for the kids. though it wasn't my first choose. we looked at everything else on the lot. had a hard time getting past how ugly it was. looked at the books for the soul in the dealer ship. dicided it didn't look so bad when it wasn't Green. So we test drove one and now its sitting in my drive way still a little ugly but not so bad since its the Java color.

A new way to roll; and yes, it's no mini, but that's GOOD.
By joe331 on 01/21/11 12:43 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My previous car was a mini. Everything about this car is better as far as I am concerned with few exceptions. It's not fast, but, it's still a lot of fun to drive and it's plenty fast enough. It is easier to get in and out of than the mini, it holds 4 big adults comfortably, everything works well, The base stereoe sounds way better than the mini's. Gas is a trade off, mine got a little better mileage but the soul burns regular. It shifts just fine with the manual trans; I have no idea what all the fuss about vague shifting is about ... I never miss a gear, the clutch is light and easy, shifting is effortless. A great car, looks good, engine even sounds better than the mini.

It Ain't a MINI
By katiemurphy on 01/20/11 12:00 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First off, let me admit my bias as I am a three-time MINI owner (Cooper, Convertible, and Clubman) and sort of bought the Soul out of a desperate situation, and not because I was in love with it. The Soul is a competent (at best) smaller car, and is probably worth the price IF you get to haggle a bit and don't finance the whole thing. I was surprised to find out my insurance AND fuel costs are significantly higher with the Soul even though it's a cheaper car. It's fine for buzzing around town, and gave me the little bit of extra space I needed for an infant car seat and dog(s). The handling is not aimed at performance or fun. While uncomfortable, the seating height is good.

Everyone Needs a Titanium Soul (Now & Then)
By cooksley007 on 01/06/11 11:46 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purposefully ordered a 2010 “plus” model with a myriad of options because the criticism of the “exclaim” model for highway noise and rattly ride (due to the larger diameter rims) was proved out in my test drives. I Love this car! I smile every time I see it parked or in my driveway (and not because of the hamster commercials). Although I view it as my mid-life, commuter, anti-sports car, it handles surprisingly well and has plenty of zip when merging onto some of our (Philadelphia area) white-knuckle highways. Interior has plenty of room for a teen, a tween, and a hockey bag !lenty of room for a teen and a tween and a hockey bag.

Very Impressed
By kipper6 on 12/18/10 06:30 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I didnt go shopping for a Kia Soul , I had bought a used VW and after that broke down twice , I took it back to the Kia dealer and asked for my money back , they said look around the lot and see if I like any thing else , I drove the Soul and could'nt belive the ride , build . I made a deal and bought it . I get 26 mpgs around town and 31 on the highway .The radio is great . Over all the car is very well built , easy to park and fun to drive .

Pleasantly Surprized
By Bullish on Soul on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in my beloved 2004 BMW X3 because she was very expensive to maintain and had a drinking problem. I decided to go greener and after much research I chose the Kia Soul,surprising family and friends. So far I am very impressed with just about every aspect of this little 4 banger. Interior passenger space, A/C and interior aesthetics are actually superior to the X3. The Soul feels firm and well built, its got a sprightly tossable fun to drive feel. While it doesn't have near the pure power of the Bimmer it DOES have plenty of pep. Fine on the highway too.

Versatile, economical and fun car
By Nick on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car for someone who wants a compact but doesn't want to be crammed into some small, rickety piece of junk. The Soul is incredibly roomy inside and with the rear seats folded down it has cargo room comparable to any wagon... I've always been hesitant with Kia but they seem to have hit the mark with this one. For $16,000, this car seems to be put together well and has features like ABS, traction control, Bluetooth, and 4-wheel disc brakes that are missing in other cars. I would prefer the manual transmission model; the automatic is an outdated 4-speed and it feels like it was definitely tuned for economy rather than sporty driving but what can one expect for under $16k?

Worth your consideration
By Soul_Driver on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a M/T+ with the audio upgrade. I like the roomy, SUV-like seating, while still getting good MPG and a low price tag. The interior is nice, though some plastics are easily scratched (but not as bad as 2010 Soul). The engine and transmission are older technology making driving performance just OK (i think this is how they kept the price so low). However, steering feel and braking are nice. I get exactly the EPA rating of 26-28mpg in mixed driving. I got a little over 31mpg on a purely highway trip. The feel of the manual shifter is not too good, but this can be easily upgraded aftermarket. My biggest complaint is 5th gear is not tall enough making RPM noticeably high above 70 mph.

Good Value
By Soul_Owner on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a 2011 Soul+ 5sp for a couple months and a few thousand miles now. It is a good value overall. Mechanically, it is a basic 4 cylinder economy car. The body design, roomy SUV-like seating position, and a generous feature list are what make the car attractive. Two consistent complaints with the 2010 model - rough ride/poor suspension and door panels that scratch up easily - have been addressed with the 2011 model. One shortcoming that remains is the final gear isn't tall enough so that you have high RPM at highway speeds (3,000 rpm @ 70 mph). MPG is good. I consistently get 26-28 mpg in mixed driving and got over 31 mpg on a purely highway trip.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Soul Wagon in VA is:

$132 per month*