2011 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
surprisingly fun and responsive
By ricks52 on 05/14/11 12:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had the Soul for a couple of weeks but already love this vehicle. It is much more than I expected in performance, comfort and fun-factor. The minute I see it, a smile creeps across my face and I'm in a better mood.

Excellent little commuter
By ronatedmunds on 05/05/11 21:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I picked one up five weeks ago for $16.1K out-the-door after dealer discount and $1K loyalty rebate and got the 36-month 0.9% financing. I drive 31 miles each way for commute and have driven 1200 miles so far. I am averaging 28mpg on 30% city and 70% freeway (in traffic half the time) driving. Because of the high RPM rate, the freeway fuel economy is not great on this car. To achieve 30+mpg, you must cruise at speeds below 70mph. Also, the onboard fuel economy computer displays 1 more mpg than the actual manual calculation. Overall I'm really satisfied with the car. After about 500 miles of break-in, the car seems to run more smoothly and a little faster. Give it a try and you'll like it.

So-So
By aguywhowrite on 04/27/11 20:46 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Pros: Styling (it grows on you). Price. That really good Kia 4 cylinder engine. Very maneuverable. Its probably pretty durable. Cons: Handling is not a Kia strong point--tippy feeling on the highway, Not much of a ride. Hard seats. Bit of a blind spot. Hard to believe this is best in its class--You buy this car on price and value. 28 mpg on highway at 75-80 mph.

Fun to Look At and Drive
By nursediesel on 04/26/11 09:11 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've wanted a Soul since they came out last year, but wanted to wait until they had the 1st year quirks ironed out. Once I drove one, I was convinced. First impression: It's tight, build quality seems excellent, no rattles, very solid sounding when you open/close doors and hatch. Brakes are soft-touch sensitive, steering is responsive, best of all I got 27 M.P.G. in the city on my first tank of gas (sticker says 24/30), but I must admit I drive pretty conservatively. 2.0 seems pretty peppy, gets up to hwy. speeds quickly and cruises comfortably. I researched and looked at a lot of other cars in this class and found they were either too pricy, got bad reviews, or were just too tiny.

Soul + - unbelievable bargain !
By pnut166 on 04/06/11 18:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just got my new 2011 Kia Soul + AT yesterday. First impression: a lot of bang for the buck ! I got a fully-loaded Soul +, out-the-door for $15400, after trading in a trashed, near-death 2000 Focus. My first Kia experience, and the dealership was first-class all the way - best car-buying experience ever ! Now, on to the car. A pretty low-tech powertrain, but it gets the job done. Somewhat harsh engine noise, and , surprisingly, a four-speed tranny. A couple more gears would have given this car alot more in the way of fuel savings and comfort. But, it gets good mileage, is fairly peppy, and the manual mode adds to the driving fun. Interior looks somewhat cheap, but vastly improved over past

Great little compact utility, paint sucks
By dewdrinker87 on 03/20/11 13:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is exactly what I was looking for. I got tired of sitting on the floor in little cars but didn't want to drop a fortune on an SUV. I get decent gas mileage (see suggested improvements). The engine is surprising zippy for what it is especially having a four speed. The interior is quite comfy, the seats are firm which I like. The only small issue I have had is the drivers side door plastic has begun to rattle but I'm going to get that fixed next oil change under warranty. Compared to my old vehicle (2006 Chevy Cobalt) its so much better as far as quality goes. I use to look at the uneven door gaps on the Cobalt and just grimace. Huge negative is the paint. Poor durability... Rock Chips!

A great little run about and a real value
By landric on 03/17/11 17:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife & I traded our 2004 Dodge Caravan SE on a base model Soul. We bought the Caravan used in 2009 when we discovered the day before our twin sons were born that a rear facing car seat did not fit behind the driver's seat of our 2006 Matrix and still allow me enough room to drive. Last year we purchased a new 2009 Kia Sedona on clearance for a great price as our primary family vehicle. Because of our great experience with the Sedona, we decided to look at the Soul for an around town run about, primarily for my wife. We went with the base 1.6/5-Speed to maximize economy and value. With the owner loyalty rebate we paid less than $13,000, this little car is a fantastic value & fun!

Awesome zippy little car!
By saems78 on 03/16/11 05:51 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So i recently bought the 2011 Kia soul a week ago. All I have to say it is absolutly amazing! The avg mpg stats 24 as a base around town, well i get nothing under 29.5 mpg around town, and 39.9 highway! With the way these gas prices are, that is very helpful to say the least! It rides very nice, and is very very roomy, I absolutly love this car. If you are looking for a well built, stylish car, look no further, you have found it with the soul, and so have I!

Amazing Little Machine
By happy2pappy on 02/28/11 20:06 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

One month and a thousand miles now, and I couldn't be more pleased. The Soul has exceed my expectations....a high level of refinement, quiet engine, smooth clutch and shifter, good stereo, and very comfortable seats. It's a delight to drive, the little 1.6 litre mill is quite happy at low RPMs resulting in AMAZING mileage that way exceeds the EPA rating. I've filled up four times so far, about 80% around town driving, and averaged right at 35 MPG! 31 was the low fillup, 37.1 the best. A really sensible car for tooling around town.

Love this car!!
By deeburgess on 02/16/11 16:07 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Let me keep it simple! I bought my 2011 Kia Soul about a week ago and so far I am super impressed, though the ride is a little noisey and stiff I can not complain about anything else. I previously owned a 2000 Kia Sportage and after 11 years it was still going strong. This car for the price is an absolute dream I love it and I am very happy!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.