Used 2011 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Sheet metal in cold weather
By srssr

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first winter in upstate New York for our Soul. The first cold snap, 30 degrees and lower, I noticed that the rear hatch had quite a bit of distortion, warped sheet metal and all four doors had creases in them. When temps rose the warpage went away. I watched this and other Souls all winter and the results were the same.. The only thing with ours now it takes until temps hit 50 to 60 degree range to go away, in the beginning they went away in the 40's. I went to my local dealer and had the Kia rep look at my car but wouldn't you know it we had freak weather that topped 78 and no wrinkles. All of my pictures and internet info from Kia Soul Forums has been put in a file for me.

The car is a blast to drive.

Sheet metal quality for one. A little higher final gear ratio would be nice, engine sounds like it is tached out on the interstate.

nice car, but wish it got better mpg
By seiri

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the + for almost a year now and have around 12,000 miles on it. In the CITY I average 23.5mpg and near 27mpg HWY...it is a small tank and usually only costs around $30 to fill up and it lasts around a week and a half. HOWEVER, the cup holders are the worst design ever. There are bottle holders on each door, but for something with a lid and straw there is only one usable spot. The inside is nice, but scuffs up easily and the seats stain easily. There is a HUGE blind spot when backing out of a parking spot. I would not buy again over some of the new choices out there and would strongly consider spending 3-4k more on a slightly better designed car.

Cute look, great leg and head room, good storage space even with all seats up, sits higher off the ground than other similarly priced cars.

improve mpg, better designed cup holders, different seating material that doesn't stain just from water, slightly better material for the dash and doors that don't scuff with the lightest scratch. Fix the horrid blind spot when backing out, make the seats fold completely flat when down.

Not an all weather vehicle
By jermany1104

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Kia Soul + for almost one year. Being 6 ft tall, there is plenty of head & leg room. The car has great pick up & passing & merging are never a problem. I love how the back seats go down for extra storage. However it hadn't snowed since I got the car & I'm not happy with how it attempts to drive in the snow. The car would not drive up my hill, wound up sideways & had to be backed down the hill. Driving on the flat surface wasn't any better. I was told that the tires may be sport tires & may need to be changed, but I hate to change tires on a new car already. I'm pretty disappointed with this, since I live in an area where it snows in the winter.

Favorite features are the room, the pick up, bluetooth, fold down rear seats, comfort.

Better driving in the snow...better tires.

I love my Kia Soul!!!!!!!
By jax223

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Kia Soul. Its sporty and has a lot of pick up. You can really feel it gain momentum as you go up a hill- but thats not a bad thing. It's pretty roomy and the ac/heat works really well. Bluetooth is very easy to use. Very easy to drive except handles poorly over speed bumps. I am only getting 19 mpg, but I only need to fill up 1-2 times a month. I have had my soul for 2 months, and have only filled up twice.

Bluetooth that streams pandora, the body styling, body lights, quiet ride

Car fogs up very often. GPS capabilities Glovebox that locks

Overall pretty disappointed
By addriiannaa

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 11' kia soul plus in a manual trans in june-11' At first it was a nice car, loved it..until driving it everyday it began to annoy me. The door panels were easily scratched, and stained by water which you had to SCRUB to get the marks off..opened the door in the rain and theres now water marks on the seat from RAIN.But my biggest bother is how noisy the car is, road noise and mostly ENGINE noise, it WHINES VERY LOUDLY on the highway or anything over 40mph and makes it difficult to enjoy the drive. Not a zippy car at all, boring to drive. Trading it in for an 11' optima or something a little more worth its value for what ide like, comfort, style, and fun to drive..

Lots of space, foot room&head room, AMAZING stereo system, syle-ish.

Possibly make the car lower to the ground so you dont feel like your getting blown around all the time, add a SMALL turbo charger so you dont waste 1/8th of a tank of gas trying to get up to speed, maybe make had installation on the firewall to prevent the excessive engine noise, change the seat material/panel material