Used 2011 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

18 Months... the Paint!!
By hamster_rider

2011 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So I've owned my Kia Soul for 18 months, still love driving it, maintenance is a no brainer, however, while washing it today I noticed a fine rusting (white car) on most panels, even the major plastic pieces!! I will be calling Monday for an appointment, I just am putting it out there for others to watch for, I live in Florida so no winter conditions here, no road salt etc. I will update after it gets looked at. Others have posted with paint issues, better safe I guess. The only problem with the car to date is the brake light switch at the pedal failed and it took the dealer 5 days to get me in to replace the switch, which of course was a warranty repair. So no brakes for 5 days

My First Kia
By jttheawesome

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned several Hyundai products previously, and I know that Kia is a "kissing cousin" to Hyundai. Therefore, I expected high quality when I got into my 2011 Kia soul, and was not disappointed. I bought it "lightly used" with only 8,500 miles on it, so it's essentially a new car. It's much roomier than it appears, and has almost as much interior space as my 2005 Tuscon. Fuel mileage is excellent, getting no less than 30 MPG around town and around 37 on the road. It handles quite nicely, and rides better than my previous car, a 2008 Nissan Sentra. And most importantly, it makes me feel young! (Maybe it makes me look younger, too.....)

Excellent build quality overall; comfortable seats, quite roomy. Huge glovebox, double-decked - A small laptop could fit in there. Sound system is fabulous, especially with the integrated Bluetooth system. Good heat and AC, as well. Sharp looking and unique vehicle. The cargo area, with the rear seats folded flat, makes life much easier, with my mother's walker or my bike fitting in there nicely.

The lower door panels could be made a bit more scuff resistant in future versions. Also, a light in the glovebox would be nice.

Not as good as you would think
By kc411

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this in Oct. 2011 now with 60,000 miles on it. No problem with reliability, but would not do it again. Seats stain easily interior scratches easily. Not enough space behind the rear seat. You cant even get 2 average suitcases to fit. Only 25 mpg, lost of road noise and engine noise. If you hit a rough road hold on because there is no telling what way you will go. Not good in rainy conditions either. The resale value is not good. Even Kia will not give more then $10,000 on trade in with 60,000 miles. Kia has moved up, but I fill the car is over priced for what you get. Bought for close to $18,000 but got a $14,000 car. For the price there are better quality cars to pick from.

Leg room front and back.

Handling, cup holders, storage, power, no rear arm rest or cup holder (the door ones only good for small bottles). Staining and scratches on interior.

Love our little gas sipper
By tysmeme

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have had our Kia Soul since Jan 12 and it is a 2012 model. So far we are more than pleased with this car. The fuel economy is good , there is ample leg room, the ride is not bad. Do wish it had an arm rest but this is a small thing. I love the idea of all the air bags it has. It gets lots of attention !

Gas mielage, leg room

Arm rests standard, tends to want to run off shoulder if you look away for a second.

Sheet metal in cold weather
By srssr

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first winter in upstate New York for our Soul. The first cold snap, 30 degrees and lower, I noticed that the rear hatch had quite a bit of distortion, warped sheet metal and all four doors had creases in them. When temps rose the warpage went away. I watched this and other Souls all winter and the results were the same.. The only thing with ours now it takes until temps hit 50 to 60 degree range to go away, in the beginning they went away in the 40's. I went to my local dealer and had the Kia rep look at my car but wouldn't you know it we had freak weather that topped 78 and no wrinkles. All of my pictures and internet info from Kia Soul Forums has been put in a file for me.

The car is a blast to drive.

Sheet metal quality for one. A little higher final gear ratio would be nice, engine sounds like it is tached out on the interstate.

• SUV