2011 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
It is a good Soul
By miriz01 on 08/24/11 07:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

All the "Soul" jokes aside, this is an awesome car. I've had mine about a month and a half and have put over 7,000 miles on it including 1 trip from Tulsa to Corpus Christi and 2 trips from Tulsa to Waco. The Soul is lots of fun and handles very well. Running the AC at full blast contstantly all summer (it has been well over 100deg) I am getting about 26mpg average. My 2 sons love the roomy back and I have found that there is really a lot of room. We did install an aftermarket roof rack for extra cargo space too. This car is perfect for lugging the kids around town with all their sports gear. The front seat comfort wasn't quite as good as my Jetta GLX, but this is still very nice.

Very Good Value
By pa_hiker on 08/15/11 16:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My daughter purchased this this vehicle 3 weeks ago -- base with 1.6L and 5spd. I have driven it about 500 of the 2500 miles so far. On a trip from Michigan to Pennsylvania, we achieved 36.2 mpg over 600 miles. AC was on part of the time and there were two persons and back was loaded with cargo. I drove the posted speed of 70 most of the way and 65 in PA. Interior dash and controls are very nicely designed. I much prefer it to my 2008 Scion xB. Vehicle is very spacious, handles well, and is very practical. Driving position is ideal for shorter person, but room for large driver as well. Extensive safety features for a car in this price range. Purchase was painless at dealer.

I love my new SOUL +
By mvickersla on 07/26/11 12:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car on 7/24/11, and I love it! I just want to drive it all day long. It's so much fun! My meter keeps saying that I'm only getting 17.9 MPG, but I'm still good on gas, and I've been driving mostly in traffic so far.

I love this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By avapink16 on 07/24/11 20:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car one of my friends got this car like 8 months ago I loved it so much that i bought one. It runs great it looks even better which is really important to me because i just turned 16 and this is my first car so looks were just as important as safty and gas milage.

Very Happy Soul
By wvjefo on 07/22/11 09:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Soul + July 16, 2011 and two weeks later took it on 12 day vacation. Drove to Florida and back. NOT one problem. Soul handled the highway very well, handling, acceleration, steering. We got just under 30 mpg most of the time but our average speed was closer to 70 than 55 & the AC was almost always on. The interior space was great, The Soul swallowed our suitcases. Things did start to get tight at the end of the trip. The girlfriend loves to buy souvenirs. I am still trilled by the bells & whistles, the bluetooth, USB port & radio work perfectly together. The girlfriend is much less of a Honda fan now.

Best buy!
By wjmt316 on 07/21/11 10:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have been doing research on the Kia Soul for the past few months. I decided last week to stop at the local KIA dealership and test drive one. Once I test drove one I was hooked! I bought it! I must say this is a GREAT car! The features that come with this car are amazing! Cannot wait to take it one my trip next month. BTW I am averaging 28.5 MPG in the city and 35 MPG on the highway. I always pay attention the the ECO light on the dash to make sure I am maximizing my fuel.

2011 Kia Soul "hamstar" special edition..
By nashvilleandi on 07/10/11 21:10 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

we love the Kia Soul - we traded in our Kia Sportage.. thought we'd miss the room but the kia soul is rather Roomy considering its a small car. Gas Mileage is Excellent.. we avereage 29-31 mpg.. costs less to fill up and more miles between fills than our Sportage was. We loved the sportage, but we never had the leather and upgrades we have in the Soul. Our Soul has leather, sunroof, blue tooth, satellite - we love the extras for the cost you cant beat the upgrades.. only gripe is we hated, the FACTORY DECALS.. tacky. We're in our 40s and the Decals "Hamstar" were tacky.. too many . We removed the Decals from hood and back. looks much better . decals made it look too young

Kia Soul MPG
By cohen2011 on 07/04/11 08:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

KIA Soul the real MPG usage is 21 MPG I just bought the car and drove with it 1,500 miles. I drive 50% in highway and 50% in the city. The current average of mile per gallons is 21. Yes, the average is 21mpg !!! so it is not efficient as it says ....I did not make any mistake I am finance person who deeply want to understand his spending !!!

Best Kept Secret!
By smack1963 on 05/27/11 17:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Kia Soul + to replace my Jeep Wrangler gas hawg. I didn't want to part with my Jeep, I loved it. I'm glad I did. The Soul has so many standard features for thousands less than the competition. It has more power that other little puddle jumpers I tried. It's not a race car, but enough to pass 2 pokey cars at once. I'm 6', 230#, it is super easy to get in and out of and plenty of head & leg room both front and back. Had to convert my .m4p files to .mp3 files to play in the usb port, but it works flawlessly. A friend has a Chevy Malibu with a usb port that doesn't work. Gas MPG is between 28 - 31 mixed driving. I added the euro-style racing stripe a few days later, LOVE IT!

By hendogmx on 05/16/11 23:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car for just a week now and i love it. The handling in town is great and freeway ride isn't too bad. Has a slight nervous feeling in wind but nothing scary. This little car has plenty of zip when needed and kinda makes you want to drive easier and challenge yourself to get the most MPG when you have ECO mode on. Watching the estimated MPG figure climb is such a relief when these gas prices are so high. The car feels very well made and i'm very impressed so far

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Soul Wagon in VA is:

$132 per month*