Used 2011 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

The BEST bang for the BUCK you can BUY!!!
By steve520

2011 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia and have never been happier in my 56 years with any car I have ever owned. I was treated like the most important customer in the world and have never had a vehicle that had the get up and go, and all the feature this little wagon offered at an absolutely AMAZING price. I absolutely LOVE this car and would recommend it to anyone looking for comfort,reliability, features and Zip. This is one GREAT car and in my opinion the BEST use car anyone could own. The balance of the 5 year 60,000 mile warranty was a HUGE plus. And I wouldn't consider anything else in my future purchase. I am a KIA man for LIFE and the way Vision treated me was the best experience I ever had buying a car

2.5 Years and Still Reliable
By officiallyjuju

2011 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Soul is spacious and does everything I need it to do. It's been a reliable car for the past two and a half years, giving me little to no issues.
Unfortunately, I did buy the 2011 model with the 4 speed transmission which is very evident when I need the pick-me-up but besides that it drives well.

Great exterior build. Love the stereo lights. The Bluetooth/Sirius Radio is the best.

Interior on this model scratches far too easily.

Soul + with 68K miles
By soulmanencore

2011 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new in late 2011 and have been very pleased.
I commuted from southern WV to northern IN weekly for 9 months logging 1K miles per week.
The car has been great in snow, mountains and all sorts of driving.
I have been extremely happy and average about 28.9 miles per gallon for the types of driving that I do.
I researched the Soul for quite sometime and was impressed by the low initial cost, the fuel mileage and the safety ratings.
The Soul has lived up to all of these ratings and I am extremely happy with the car

Automatic headlights, power door locks, Bluetooth, controls on the steering wheel and most items I desired came as standard on the vehicle.

Visibility in the rear quarter panels is somewhat limited.

Most people believe they have a soul...but I have a SOUL!
By mazda5forme

2011 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

And I truely love my Soul! Mine is a 2013 KIA Soul Exclaim..which is the top of th line Soul, loaded up with an unbeliveable (for this price range) amount of standard equipment not often found on this price range. All of this includes terrific quality...solid construction and stand out looks. The 10 year 100,000 mile warranty is just Icing on the cake!

And the Soul has more than that going for it. You'll note that love it or hate it...people notice te Soul...and even check it out when they see one. Unlike the usual cars filling the mall parking lot...the Toyota/Honda/Prius/Nissan clones...the Soul actually stands out!

And it's fun to drive, handles well, has a KILLER stereo system too.

The Soul really was built around the Infinity sound system...it has a 350 output, a seperate powered sub-woofer in the trunk, 8 speakers, the front door speakers light up with 8 colors and pulsate to the music....NICE! You can really feel the music...especially the bass. The exterior is high lighted by the stunning 18" alloy wheels, th rear tail lights are composed of multi-clusters of bright red LED lights, the front of the SOUL Exclaim has white Audi style accent lighting and amber led turn signals PLUS mirror mounted turn signals. The Interior is a nice place to hang out, roomy and comfortable, powerful A/C, powered sun roof, dark tint windows, big trunk, full guages and UVO!

KIA needs to bring on on of their newest technology engines and stick it into the front of the Soul...the KIA Turbo Diesel thats available to the rest of the World in the Soul would be wonderful...40 mpg! Or the newest KIA direct injection gasoline turbo engine would be nice too. And the Northern tates and Canada would love all wheel drive options too.

18 Months... the Paint!!
By hamster_rider

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So I've owned my Kia Soul for 18 months, still love driving it, maintenance is a no brainer, however, while washing it today I noticed a fine rusting (white car) on most panels, even the major plastic pieces!!
I will be calling Monday for an appointment, I just am putting it out there for others to watch for, I live in Florida so no winter conditions here, no road salt etc. I will update after it gets looked at.
Others have posted with paint issues, better safe I guess.

The only problem with the car to date is the brake light switch at the pedal failed and it took the dealer 5 days to get me in to replace the switch, which of course was a warranty repair. So no brakes for 5 days