2011 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
nice car, but wish it got better mpg
By seiri on 03/01/12 14:20 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the + for almost a year now and have around 12,000 miles on it. In the CITY I average 23.5mpg and near 27mpg HWY...it is a small tank and usually only costs around $30 to fill up and it lasts around a week and a half. HOWEVER, the cup holders are the worst design ever. There are bottle holders on each door, but for something with a lid and straw there is only one usable spot. The inside is nice, but scuffs up easily and the seats stain easily. There is a HUGE blind spot when backing out of a parking spot. I would not buy again over some of the new choices out there and would strongly consider spending 3-4k more on a slightly better designed car.

Not an all weather vehicle
By jermany1104 on 01/21/12 07:05 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Kia Soul + for almost one year. Being 6 ft tall, there is plenty of head & leg room. The car has great pick up & passing & merging are never a problem. I love how the back seats go down for extra storage. However it hadn't snowed since I got the car & I'm not happy with how it attempts to drive in the snow. The car would not drive up my hill, wound up sideways & had to be backed down the hill. Driving on the flat surface wasn't any better. I was told that the tires may be sport tires & may need to be changed, but I hate to change tires on a new car already. I'm pretty disappointed with this, since I live in an area where it snows in the winter.

I love my Kia Soul!!!!!!!
By jax223 on 11/25/11 17:02 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Kia Soul. Its sporty and has a lot of pick up. You can really feel it gain momentum as you go up a hill- but thats not a bad thing. It's pretty roomy and the ac/heat works really well. Bluetooth is very easy to use. Very easy to drive except handles poorly over speed bumps. I am only getting 19 mpg, but I only need to fill up 1-2 times a month. I have had my soul for 2 months, and have only filled up twice.

Overall pretty disappointed
By addriiannaa on 11/16/11 05:52 AM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 11' kia soul plus in a manual trans in june-11' At first it was a nice car, loved it..until driving it everyday it began to annoy me. The door panels were easily scratched, and stained by water which you had to SCRUB to get the marks off..opened the door in the rain and theres now water marks on the seat from RAIN.But my biggest bother is how noisy the car is, road noise and mostly ENGINE noise, it WHINES VERY LOUDLY on the highway or anything over 40mph and makes it difficult to enjoy the drive. Not a zippy car at all, boring to drive. Trading it in for an 11' optima or something a little more worth its value for what ide like, comfort, style, and fun to drive..

Good For Many.Not So Good For Fat Ole Me
By ohahachris on 11/04/11 08:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am a big guy who wears 42-waist pants. The driver's seat is about 2" too narrow for all-day comfort. My wife and I have a part-time gig delivering "free pubs" to stores and have lived with this car as a rental replacement for our usual delivery vehicle for a week. Great grocery-getter. Ride, handling, power--all very good at a light load. This would be my short list if I weren't fat,and did not use for deliveries. Under load of 115, 25count, bundles of 90-page magazines, the suspension bottoms and the engine sounds pained. We're glad we didn't need the added load of AC. My performance and fun-to-drive ratings should be 3.5. 5 for unloaded 2 for loaded.

Quite Pleased With my Soul Sport
By fudogdad on 10/16/11 16:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2011 Soul Sport. With all the options but remote start. The car drives and handles great. I drive about an hour to and from work each day. The car has decent pick up so I'm not a nervous Nelly when attempting to pass some traffic. I wish the seat had a bit more functionality. It's taken me a bit more time then typical to find my sweet spot. The seat doesn't go back far enough so, anyone taller than around 5' 11" may have an issue with space. I'm 5' 11" and the seat is all the way back. The Tilt wheel is nice but Telescopic would be best. I love all the features of the car. Over all, I love the car. I traded in my Dodge Magnum R/T. It was a serious change by no regrets. Saves on Gas!

You don't drive the Soul; You WEAR it
By bill6505 on 09/29/11 04:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my base model Kia Soul in late May, 2011 and have put 8,800 miles on to date. Good value and fun to drive. Lots of room inside. The car is nimble and the brakes excellent. Biggest problem is driving it like a sports car, and forgetting that the vehicles around me can't stop as quickly under yellow lights.Gas mileage averaging 27.5 local, and 29.5 on trips Shape is unusual and draws comments and curiosity. Like the fact I can find it in a parking lot, because it doesn't look like a lot of other cars. ( I am a 68 year old male). This is my third Kia, if I count the 1992 Ford Festiva, which was made by Kia. Can't beat the value for the money. Quality and dependability good.

Automatic door locks
By tinakaycasteel on 09/19/11 07:29 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am very disapointed that the Soul does not have automatic door locks. If I would have known that up front.....I would not have bought the car. The automatic door locks have been on my cars for the last 18 yrs and with children and a four door car I feal that; that is a must have. I also think that the insides scuff up real easy and its hard to come clean. The 2 cup holders in the middle are useless when you can only use one of them. If you put a 2nd drnik in the cup holder it gets caught on the console and spills all over the place. So your passenger has to hold there drink "fountain drink that is" The middle console is very small and sits to far back. I can't use it for an armrest.

LOVE IT!!!
By emroozfarda on 08/28/11 12:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my return to college. Peppy off the line, GREAT on gas (280 miles on first tank), suprisingly roomy for passengers, chock full of features for the price. I've read it noisey at high speeds, NOT TRUE. Very comfortable simply FUN to drive. Definitely get the windows tinted. 95% of the negative comments about this car I did not experience. My previous car was employer provided and much more expensive. The Soul matches and beats it in most areas with the exception of power. The Soul is a 4-banger but gets up to speed when needed. If you are a racer, this car isnt for you. Otherwise this car is absolutely WONDERFUL.

EXCELLENT VALUE
By datzunzcar on 08/27/11 22:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Kia on 8/01/11 and have put over 2700 miles on it. I have averaged 31 mpg on every tank of gas and am extremely pleased with my purchase. From the moment I purchased this car it has been easy to just get in and take off driving. Me and my three kids love it and they have plenty of room to stretch out and be comfortable. I never thought about owning a Kia until this car came out and I like the design and roominess inside. The price is excellent at only $13500 and the 10/100,000 mile warranty makes it even better. If you are looking for a quality automobile for a great price and standard features of higher priced cars look no further than the KIA SOUL as you will not be disappointed

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Soul Wagon in VA is:

$132 per month*