2011 Kia Soul 2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Sheet metal in cold weather

2011 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Review

2011 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Sheet metal in cold weather
By srssr on

2011 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first winter in upstate New York for our Soul. The first cold snap, 30 degrees and lower, I noticed that the rear hatch had quite a bit of distortion, warped sheet metal and all four doors had creases in them. When temps rose the warpage went away. I watched this and other Souls all winter and the results were the same.. The only thing with ours now it takes until temps hit 50 to 60 degree range to go away, in the beginning they went away in the 40's. I went to my local dealer and had the Kia rep look at my car but wouldn't you know it we had freak weather that topped 78 and no wrinkles. All of my pictures and internet info from Kia Soul Forums has been put in a file for me.

Favorite Features

The car is a blast to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Sheet metal quality for one. A little higher final gear ratio would be nice, engine sounds like it is tached out on the interstate.
By steve520
on 11/09/13 11:07 AM (PST)

NEVER had or seen this problem and I live in the RUSTBELT, MAYBE HE SHOULDN'T DRIVE IT IN SAND

By steve520
on 11/09/13 11:09 AM (PST)

It gets to -20 here regularly in winter and there's never been any effect on the sheet metal in my 3 years of ownership