2011 Kia Soul Consumer Review: My First Kia

2011 Kia Soul - Consumer Review

+ Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

My First Kia
By jttheawesome on

2011 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned several Hyundai products previously, and I know that Kia is a "kissing cousin" to Hyundai. Therefore, I expected high quality when I got into my 2011 Kia soul, and was not disappointed. I bought it "lightly used" with only 8,500 miles on it, so it's essentially a new car. It's much roomier than it appears, and has almost as much interior space as my 2005 Tuscon. Fuel mileage is excellent, getting no less than 30 MPG around town and around 37 on the road. It handles quite nicely, and rides better than my previous car, a 2008 Nissan Sentra. And most importantly, it makes me feel young! (Maybe it makes me look younger, too.....)

Excellent build quality overall; comfortable seats, quite roomy. Huge glovebox, double-decked - A small laptop could fit in there. Sound system is fabulous, especially with the integrated Bluetooth system. Good heat and AC, as well. Sharp looking and unique vehicle. The cargo area, with the rear seats folded flat, makes life much easier, with my mother's walker or my bike fitting in there nicely.

The lower door panels could be made a bit more scuff resistant in future versions. Also, a light in the glovebox would be nice.