2011 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
Good car for the price
By jimr91 on 04/04/14 00:44 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for almost 3 years and i loved every minute in it. I was extremely comfortable. The seats fit me perfectly and and a lot of head and leg room. It also had great gas mileage. $40 would fill it up and i could go almost 400 miles before i would fill it again. It did have small problems though. I didn't like the steering that much. It felt stiff and I'm not a fan of stiff steering. Also the accelerator wasn't very smooth. These tine problems aside I never had any other issues with this car. It was a great car for the money. I put a total of 83000 miles on mine and only did regular maintenance on it. I would recommend getting this car to anybody.

The BEST bang for the BUCK you can BUY!!!
By steve520 on 11/20/13 12:27 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Kia and have never been happier in my 56 years with any car I have ever owned. I was treated like the most important customer in the world and have never had a vehicle that had the get up and go, and all the feature this little wagon offered at an absolutely AMAZING price. I absolutely LOVE this car and would recommend it to anyone looking for comfort,reliability, features and Zip. This is one GREAT car and in my opinion the BEST use car anyone could own. The balance of the 5 year 60,000 mile warranty was a HUGE plus. And I wouldn't consider anything else in my future purchase. I am a KIA man for LIFE and the way Vision treated me was the best experience I ever had buying a car

2.5 Years and Still Reliable
By officiallyjuju on 09/24/13 20:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Soul is spacious and does everything I need it to do. It's been a reliable car for the past two and a half years, giving me little to no issues. Unfortunately, I did buy the 2011 model with the 4 speed transmission which is very evident when I need the pick-me-up but besides that it drives well.

Soul + with 68K miles
By soulmanencore on 09/22/13 15:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new in late 2011 and have been very pleased. I commuted from southern WV to northern IN weekly for 9 months logging 1K miles per week. The car has been great in snow, mountains and all sorts of driving. I have been extremely happy and average about 28.9 miles per gallon for the types of driving that I do. I researched the Soul for quite sometime and was impressed by the low initial cost, the fuel mileage and the safety ratings. The Soul has lived up to all of these ratings and I am extremely happy with the car

Most people believe they have a soul...but I have a SOUL!
By mazda5forme on 03/09/13 15:48 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

And I truely love my Soul! Mine is a 2013 KIA Soul Exclaim..which is the top of th line Soul, loaded up with an unbeliveable (for this price range) amount of standard equipment not often found on this price range. All of this includes terrific quality...solid construction and stand out looks. The 10 year 100,000 mile warranty is just Icing on the cake! And the Soul has more than that going for it. You'll note that love it or hate it...people notice te Soul...and even check it out when they see one. Unlike the usual cars filling the mall parking lot...the Toyota/Honda/Prius/Nissan clones...the Soul actually stands out! And it's fun to drive, handles well, has a KILLER stereo system too.

18 Months... the Paint!!
By hamster_rider on 01/26/13 16:04 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So I've owned my Kia Soul for 18 months, still love driving it, maintenance is a no brainer, however, while washing it today I noticed a fine rusting (white car) on most panels, even the major plastic pieces!! I will be calling Monday for an appointment, I just am putting it out there for others to watch for, I live in Florida so no winter conditions here, no road salt etc. I will update after it gets looked at. Others have posted with paint issues, better safe I guess. The only problem with the car to date is the brake light switch at the pedal failed and it took the dealer 5 days to get me in to replace the switch, which of course was a warranty repair. So no brakes for 5 days

My First Kia
By jttheawesome on 10/19/12 19:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned several Hyundai products previously, and I know that Kia is a "kissing cousin" to Hyundai. Therefore, I expected high quality when I got into my 2011 Kia soul, and was not disappointed. I bought it "lightly used" with only 8,500 miles on it, so it's essentially a new car. It's much roomier than it appears, and has almost as much interior space as my 2005 Tuscon. Fuel mileage is excellent, getting no less than 30 MPG around town and around 37 on the road. It handles quite nicely, and rides better than my previous car, a 2008 Nissan Sentra. And most importantly, it makes me feel young! (Maybe it makes me look younger, too.....)

Not as good as you would think
By kc411 on 09/07/12 17:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this in Oct. 2011 now with 60,000 miles on it. No problem with reliability, but would not do it again. Seats stain easily interior scratches easily. Not enough space behind the rear seat. You cant even get 2 average suitcases to fit. Only 25 mpg, lost of road noise and engine noise. If you hit a rough road hold on because there is no telling what way you will go. Not good in rainy conditions either. The resale value is not good. Even Kia will not give more then $10,000 on trade in with 60,000 miles. Kia has moved up, but I fill the car is over priced for what you get. Bought for close to $18,000 but got a $14,000 car. For the price there are better quality cars to pick from.

Love our little gas sipper
By tysmeme on 07/07/12 20:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have had our Kia Soul since Jan 12 and it is a 2012 model. So far we are more than pleased with this car. The fuel economy is good , there is ample leg room, the ride is not bad. Do wish it had an arm rest but this is a small thing. I love the idea of all the air bags it has. It gets lots of attention !

Sheet metal in cold weather
By srssr on 04/08/12 18:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first winter in upstate New York for our Soul. The first cold snap, 30 degrees and lower, I noticed that the rear hatch had quite a bit of distortion, warped sheet metal and all four doors had creases in them. When temps rose the warpage went away. I watched this and other Souls all winter and the results were the same.. The only thing with ours now it takes until temps hit 50 to 60 degree range to go away, in the beginning they went away in the 40's. I went to my local dealer and had the Kia rep look at my car but wouldn't you know it we had freak weather that topped 78 and no wrinkles. All of my pictures and internet info from Kia Soul Forums has been put in a file for me.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Soul Wagon in VA is:

$132 per month*