2011 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
18 Months... the Paint!!
By hamster_rider on 01/26/13 16:04 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So I've owned my Kia Soul for 18 months, still love driving it, maintenance is a no brainer, however, while washing it today I noticed a fine rusting (white car) on most panels, even the major plastic pieces!! I will be calling Monday for an appointment, I just am putting it out there for others to watch for, I live in Florida so no winter conditions here, no road salt etc. I will update after it gets looked at. Others have posted with paint issues, better safe I guess. The only problem with the car to date is the brake light switch at the pedal failed and it took the dealer 5 days to get me in to replace the switch, which of course was a warranty repair. So no brakes for 5 days

You don't drive the Soul; You WEAR it
By bill6505 on 09/29/11 04:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my base model Kia Soul in late May, 2011 and have put 8,800 miles on to date. Good value and fun to drive. Lots of room inside. The car is nimble and the brakes excellent. Biggest problem is driving it like a sports car, and forgetting that the vehicles around me can't stop as quickly under yellow lights.Gas mileage averaging 27.5 local, and 29.5 on trips Shape is unusual and draws comments and curiosity. Like the fact I can find it in a parking lot, because it doesn't look like a lot of other cars. ( I am a 68 year old male). This is my third Kia, if I count the 1992 Ford Festiva, which was made by Kia. Can't beat the value for the money. Quality and dependability good.

EXCELLENT VALUE
By datzunzcar on 08/27/11 22:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Kia on 8/01/11 and have put over 2700 miles on it. I have averaged 31 mpg on every tank of gas and am extremely pleased with my purchase. From the moment I purchased this car it has been easy to just get in and take off driving. Me and my three kids love it and they have plenty of room to stretch out and be comfortable. I never thought about owning a Kia until this car came out and I like the design and roominess inside. The price is excellent at only $13500 and the 10/100,000 mile warranty makes it even better. If you are looking for a quality automobile for a great price and standard features of higher priced cars look no further than the KIA SOUL as you will not be disappointed

Very Good Value
By pa_hiker on 08/15/11 16:16 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My daughter purchased this this vehicle 3 weeks ago -- base with 1.6L and 5spd. I have driven it about 500 of the 2500 miles so far. On a trip from Michigan to Pennsylvania, we achieved 36.2 mpg over 600 miles. AC was on part of the time and there were two persons and back was loaded with cargo. I drove the posted speed of 70 most of the way and 65 in PA. Interior dash and controls are very nicely designed. I much prefer it to my 2008 Scion xB. Vehicle is very spacious, handles well, and is very practical. Driving position is ideal for shorter person, but room for large driver as well. Extensive safety features for a car in this price range. Purchase was painless at dealer.

A great little run about and a real value
By landric on 03/17/11 17:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife & I traded our 2004 Dodge Caravan SE on a base model Soul. We bought the Caravan used in 2009 when we discovered the day before our twin sons were born that a rear facing car seat did not fit behind the driver's seat of our 2006 Matrix and still allow me enough room to drive. Last year we purchased a new 2009 Kia Sedona on clearance for a great price as our primary family vehicle. Because of our great experience with the Sedona, we decided to look at the Soul for an around town run about, primarily for my wife. We went with the base 1.6/5-Speed to maximize economy and value. With the owner loyalty rebate we paid less than $13,000, this little car is a fantastic value & fun!

Amazing Little Machine
By happy2pappy on 02/28/11 20:06 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

One month and a thousand miles now, and I couldn't be more pleased. The Soul has exceed my expectations....a high level of refinement, quiet engine, smooth clutch and shifter, good stereo, and very comfortable seats. It's a delight to drive, the little 1.6 litre mill is quite happy at low RPMs resulting in AMAZING mileage that way exceeds the EPA rating. I've filled up four times so far, about 80% around town driving, and averaged right at 35 MPG! 31 was the low fillup, 37.1 the best. A really sensible car for tooling around town.

Just what I was looking for
By raven66 on 02/11/11 20:03 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After putting 110,000 miles on a 2006 Kia Rio, I decided last November to take a look at a new 2011 Kia Soul. I was looking for something with more cargo room and easier to get in and out of. I was also hoping for at least similar gas mileage as the Rio. The Soul fit the bill perfectly. I also like the greater ground clearance and better visibility afforded by the extra overall height. It does ride more truck-like than the Rio, but that is fine with me: I feel I'm in more control and in tune with the road. With a mix of highway and in-town driving, I'm getting on average 32 to 35 mpg with the Soul, which was unexpected. A great car for the price, with all the standard perks.

A new way to roll; and yes, it's no mini, but that's GOOD.
By joe331 on 01/21/11 12:43 PM (PST)

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My previous car was a mini. Everything about this car is better as far as I am concerned with few exceptions. It's not fast, but, it's still a lot of fun to drive and it's plenty fast enough. It is easier to get in and out of than the mini, it holds 4 big adults comfortably, everything works well, The base stereoe sounds way better than the mini's. Gas is a trade off, mine got a little better mileage but the soul burns regular. It shifts just fine with the manual trans; I have no idea what all the fuss about vague shifting is about ... I never miss a gear, the clutch is light and easy, shifting is effortless. A great car, looks good, engine even sounds better than the mini.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Kia Soul in VA is:

$132 per month*