Used 2011 Kia Soul Base Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

2011 Kia Soul

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

You must have soul to buy a Soul
By Jack Schwartz

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great vehicle for running errands around town. A lot of room for what looks like a small car.

LOVED my 2011 but onto my SECOND in a 2016
By Joe

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say about my Soul?!?! I MISS my old one; but due to health reasons, I had to update from a 5 spd to an automatic.. I LOVED and REALLY miss my old one; don't get me wrong I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new one; but I was fresh outta the gate with my 11 and was able to do SO many things and go SO many places MOST wouldn't go with a quad (MAYBE someday with my new one). BUT; off the bat, I am 6 4 300 lbs a VERY big guy, and the comfort was A++++ in getting in and out; the car was simple and VERY reliable, AMAZING in snow (in fact, first year I had it, drove through 8+ inches of snow with less than decent tires on it with NO issues at all) I took it off roading to several locations with NO issues; AMAZING on gas I avg'd about 38 mpg; etc... I can't say enough good things about the car... The ONLY thing I was no fond of; was the 5 spd at speeds over 60, the engine just sounded so strained; would have been much better as a 6 spd... BUT anyway that is the only thing I had issues with... Due to health reasons; I upgraded 2 weeks ago to a BN 16.... I AM IN LOVE with it... SO much bang for the buck that I couldn't imagine owning ANY other car... ANYWAY; our family is now up to 3 Kia's and will be 5 in about 2 weeks... ALL newer or BN I look forward to owning this one and the ones to follow; hopefully an AWD one in the future :) I wish y'all luck in your search and hope you have an amazing time with yours as I did...

Hood released while driving
By UB

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

2011 Soul driving 55 mph hood released flew back hitting roof, denting roof, denting hood, damaging both fenders.
Why hasn't this problem been published?
Why didn't the safety latch work?

I love my green Alien car!
By Marisol

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought a 2011 Kia soul, I really love the color( green) its definitely an eye catcher, so far I have been complimented by friends and family on how cute the car is, I have only had it for about a week so far it has been great and i hope it continues to be! I love the way it drives and the lights on the speaker are so cool!

18 Months... the Paint!!
By hamster_rider

2011 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

So I've owned my Kia Soul for 18 months, still love driving it, maintenance is a no brainer, however, while washing it today I noticed a fine rusting (white car) on most panels, even the major plastic pieces!!
I will be calling Monday for an appointment, I just am putting it out there for others to watch for, I live in Florida so no winter conditions here, no road salt etc. I will update after it gets looked at.
Others have posted with paint issues, better safe I guess.

The only problem with the car to date is the brake light switch at the pedal failed and it took the dealer 5 days to get me in to replace the switch, which of course was a warranty repair. So no brakes for 5 days