2010 Kia Soul Consumer Review: Practical, good styling, great

2010 Kia Soul - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Practical, good styling, great gas mileage, awesome base features
By deftdrummer on

2010 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my base model 2010 Kia Soul in White for about a week and a half now. This isn't really the best time to be writing a review so I'll keep it brief. Thus far the car has been a commuter for me with about 20 miles round trip daily driving to work. I just love this car! I have all the features I wanted (most of them) at the base model. I picked mine up in white with a manual for $10,999 at a Fiat dealership. Great warranty on this vehicle. Some down sides are that the engine noise inside the cabin can be a bit loud at low RPM, and also I'm not too fond of the back seats not being able to go a fully flat position. Also the interior plastics are a bit on the cheap side.

Nice tight steering response Shifting is smooth as butter Exterior styling is to the point and slightly flashy LOTS of interior space for tall drivers. I am long and lean - 165 lbs and 6'5" and I fit this vehicle perfectly even without telescopic steering adjustment. 4 wheel brakes help the car stop superbly and without issue. -Auto shutoff headlights! - saved me lots of headache already. -Cool instrument panels and dashboard without being gaudy.

-Cheap interior makes for lots of scuffs in the cargo area if you transport hardware or similar objects. -Reduce engine noise at low Rev's -Pedals are a bit troublesome for those with larger feet. (manual) -Low tire indicator should also indicate which tire is low! - Base model does not come with center console from the factory. Weak! No place other than glove box to hide things like apple ear buds / charging cable from snoops / thieves. -MPG readout would have been nice, but I believe I was just a victim of purchasing used 2010. The new ones have them if I recall, perhaps the base just doesn't have it?