2010 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
Cute little car
By daniel on 07/08/10 23:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought. It definitely worth its money but doesn't meet to my expectations. Almost everything meets my expectations except quality. Engine great styling is my fave. I wish it had more accessories that's all leather seats stuff for better comfort. The car is very sporty love it. But not for quality !

Got to get you one!
By YOU HAVE TOGET ONE! on 07/04/10 11:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

6200 miles and no problems, fun to drive, awesome look (gets a lot of attention!). We average 28 mpg on the road and 26 in town, with gas so high we love this car! Lots of power for a small car, 70+ on highway with plenty of power to spare! I need a job selling these, too easy, just drive one and you are sold on them! Believe me with the warranty, service (dealer gave me 3 years free oil changes!) and quality you will buy it on the spot! The interior does scuff and scratch easy but I can live with that, moist cars do these days! What else can I say, best car to come out in years, my first new car in 7 years, love it!

146 miles and already in the shop
By 2010kiagirl on 06/29/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Soul on June 23 after researching many car options. I choose the Soul based on the warranty and owner reviews. When I bought the car it had 20 miles on it. I drove it for 3 days and then the check engine light came on. It has been in the shop over 24 hours and they have no idea what is wrong other than the p0301 cyl. 1 misfire code. When I called the dealer who sold me the car about the fact that I had the car for 3 days and it was in the shop their response was "These are new cars so we don't work on them much so when they break down it takes us longer to fix." Really? After 3 days your cars breakdown?

Get the 5-speed
By Honda Guy on 06/27/10 13:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've had our Kia Sport, 5 speed manual, with sunroof for about a week. I also have a Civic and Cube so I qualified for the $1,000 "competitive bonus". I paid $16,700 for this car and have to say so far it looks like it's a steal. The transmission is high-revving and take off is quick. Handling in traffic is a breeze, and it looks very cool. We got it in white, due to limited availability of manual transmissions. My wife and I are 47 and we both love driving this. It reminds me of my 1986 Honda CRX Si, but with a back seat. If you want something cheap and lots of fun, this is the car. Our car came with blue tooth and a year of Sat Radio how did I ever live without those? Stereo!

Not without its compromises
By Seth on 06/24/10 07:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife really wanted a Kia Soul, so after a few days of research, we headed down to the Kia dealership. My other car is a MkV Volkswagen GTI, so my standards for the Soul were pretty high. The exterior styling is great, only complaint being the fake fender vents. The interior is attractive, roomy, and extremely well screwed together, but the materials are hard and cheap plastic. Handles well, but straight line acceleration is just acceptable. Not spirited but it keeps up with traffic well enough. The thermostat got stuck open at 700 miles, tripping the check engine light. Car was fixed same-day under warranty, which is all I could ask. Fun to drive despite lack of power.

My Kia Dragon
By mykiki on 06/21/10 19:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Soul but hate the highway mileage. The city miles are better than average, but mileage goes down on the highway. Not a vacation vehicle but the most fun I ever had driving.

Almost Perfect
By Shadow Racer on 06/21/10 04:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my wife the Shadow Soul+ Auto w/ upgraded audio. Enjoyed the ride in the + over the sport, still a bit rough, but very responsive and she loves it. Dealer lied to us and said a statewide inventory search found only 1 Alien Green Soul+ in the state and it was a 5 speed. We found 7 exact matches at one dealership today. Two days after we bought this car I was rear ended in my Impala and my car was totaled. I am highly considering picking up the Ghost SE!

Wow!! What fun!!
By mikeyt on 06/20/10 21:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. Best features, great sporty ride, engine has some nice pep to it, stands out in a crowd!

JAVA Kia Soul ! Rocks
By CS2Nana on 06/13/10 22:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have spent 2 years looking at other cars when I came across the KIA Soul! I am a retired Engineer, so you bet I want to look at the Specs! I found the dealership very accommodating. I drove a "loaner" for 3 days. It was the KIA Soul basic. Yes, it was stiff, I didn't like the colors, and it was loaded up. HOWEVER, when I received my JAVA KIA SOUL! I, immediately, not only saw the differences but felt the differences in the drive. I took the car out on a 350 mile trip. It handled well, did not veer, gas consumption was economic, there were no vibrations or shakes, braked easily. It has been a joy to drive. The funny part, young kids seem to like this car BUT older drive it!

7 days of rental fun
By Owen on 06/13/10 09:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We spent about 1,000 miles driving mostly in Bozeman, Yellowstone National Park and Gardiner, MT, where roads can be very steep and very rough. The Soul accommodated ordinary luggage for two and handled all the terrain we encountered with ease. It also was peppy enough to give me no concerns on Interstates, including long hauls on grades. The looks are great and the handling is very good. Comfort was never an issue on the long haul from Bozeman to Yellowstone. I thought the fuel economy was a tad disappointing, considering the size of the vehicle. I think it should get at least 32 on highway, but it got about 27. Still, I am now considering buying a Soul.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Kia Soul Wagon in VA is:

$106 per month*