Used 2010 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

2010 Kia +
By 1st Kia

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought the Soul +, It's my first Kia. I Love this car it has everything I wanted as far as the Bluetooth, built in ipod connection, satellite. Love the exterior look and it is fun to drive. For all the options available and warranty it's a great deal.

Favorite Features

Satellite, Bluetooth and the amount of room inside. Exterior look!

Suggested Improvements

It is noisy at highway speeds and every bump can be felt. Suspension needs improvement.

Kia Soul!
By SoulChick

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my update from about two months ago (7/12/2010). I now have 4106 miles on my Soul!. I still get about 26 mpg depending on my driving. My plastic doesn't seem to mar except for the areas with the controls. The one complaint I have is with the stereo. My original unit was bad and was replaced; however now we are on the 2nd replacement because the unit they put in "shorted itself out". I tend to think the dealer doesn't know how to install stereo equip. Now my two rear speakers and sub are crackling (possibly blown) and the bluetooth feature doesn't work. Hopefully when I get my new unit this will be the last I hear of this problem. Also, had my 1st recall repair; wiring harness

Favorite Features

Styling is great. Plenty of storage space. A/C blows super cold which is a plus in FL. Easy to use controls. Great handling with larger wheels and tires. Fold down seating works great for my dogs.

Suggested Improvements

If you are going to advertise a great stereo system, make sure it is decent quality. To have three units in one car is absurd. Hopefully this will be fixed and my complaint will be null.

First KIA
By GJ2420

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Soul SE GHOST for about a week now and I have to say it is a real winner! Lots of comments from everyone about the looks especially the black alloy wheels and low profile tires.I shopped for 2 months and really just walked into the dealer after reading some reviews and made the purchase on the same day. Two other couples were looking at this beauty at the same time so I purchased the same day. Also really appreciate it is a limited edition with approx 1100 on the road so that is a plus for me. Drives great, looks great and handles very well coming off the freeway onto the exit ramps, really sticks to the road in the corners. Lots of us boomers are driving this car, way to go KIA.

Favorite Features

Lines of the vehicle, interior comfort with the heated leather, sound system, rear view mirror with Homelink and the storage area.

Suggested Improvements

One more gear, daytime running lamps,upgrade on the plastics and get rid of the prop rod on the hood!

The Ghost...
By RandR

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My husband & I chose this car on a whim We first noticed the leather seats & color, later found out it was a special edition "Ghost". After learning about the 100 mile/10 yr warranty & Kia reputation plus safety record we said lets do it & bought it. My hubby drives it & all his buddies are impressed with how much room it has and the look. He carries his tools, golf clubs very comfortably. We like the features its fully loaded, bluetooth, sunroof, awesome stereo, etc. Drives great, he uses for work & has to drive often to sites for work, gas has been pretty good, it's smaller tank than our Equinox, but mileage is fair. The ride is smooth & it's a fun car for us 40+ folks.

Favorite Features

Excellent room, bluetooth, sunroof, side handles above door, six airbags for safety

Comfort in a small box!
By Mottman

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a silver 2010 Kia Soul + about three weeks ago. I have been very pleased thus far; I did much research before buying it and this best met all my desired criteria. Head and leg space is great and ease of entry/exit is good, even for my 6'5" brother-in-law. Fuel mileage is pretty nice, in the high 20s. It has a lot of options for the price, including MP3 and Bluetooth. I got the optional Audio upgrade and it makes for a great sound system. It even looks nicer than the other "mini-boxes." Can't really comment on reliability or cost of upkeep this early, but so far I am very pleased with this car. Would recommend to others.

Favorite Features

Nice comfort and roominess. Height of driving position feels just right. Best of all, it's absurdly easy to park compared to my old vehicle, thanks to its overall shortness of length.

Suggested Improvements

Changing lanes is a bit of a chore due to blind spots in rear corners. Also, the little storage slot on the center dash is awkward to open. Not much else to criticize yet, though.