2010 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
Kia Soul!
By SoulChick on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my update from about two months ago (7/12/2010). I now have 4106 miles on my Soul!. I still get about 26 mpg depending on my driving. My plastic doesn't seem to mar except for the areas with the controls. The one complaint I have is with the stereo. My original unit was bad and was replaced; however now we are on the 2nd replacement because the unit they put in "shorted itself out". I tend to think the dealer doesn't know how to install stereo equip. Now my two rear speakers and sub are crackling (possibly blown) and the bluetooth feature doesn't work. Hopefully when I get my new unit this will be the last I hear of this problem. Also, had my 1st recall repair; wiring harness

First KIA
By GJ2420 on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Soul SE GHOST for about a week now and I have to say it is a real winner! Lots of comments from everyone about the looks especially the black alloy wheels and low profile tires.I shopped for 2 months and really just walked into the dealer after reading some reviews and made the purchase on the same day. Two other couples were looking at this beauty at the same time so I purchased the same day. Also really appreciate it is a limited edition with approx 1100 on the road so that is a plus for me. Drives great, looks great and handles very well coming off the freeway onto the exit ramps, really sticks to the road in the corners. Lots of us boomers are driving this car, way to go KIA.

The Ghost...
By RandR on 09/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My husband & I chose this car on a whim We first noticed the leather seats & color, later found out it was a special edition "Ghost". After learning about the 100 mile/10 yr warranty & Kia reputation plus safety record we said lets do it & bought it. My hubby drives it & all his buddies are impressed with how much room it has and the look. He carries his tools, golf clubs very comfortably. We like the features its fully loaded, bluetooth, sunroof, awesome stereo, etc. Drives great, he uses for work & has to drive often to sites for work, gas has been pretty good, it's smaller tank than our Equinox, but mileage is fair. The ride is smooth & it's a fun car for us 40+ folks.

Comfort in a small box!
By Mottman on 08/26/10 06:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a silver 2010 Kia Soul + about three weeks ago. I have been very pleased thus far; I did much research before buying it and this best met all my desired criteria. Head and leg space is great and ease of entry/exit is good, even for my 6'5" brother-in-law. Fuel mileage is pretty nice, in the high 20s. It has a lot of options for the price, including MP3 and Bluetooth. I got the optional Audio upgrade and it makes for a great sound system. It even looks nicer than the other "mini-boxes." Can't really comment on reliability or cost of upkeep this early, but so far I am very pleased with this car. Would recommend to others.

Fun Car
By Soul Transportation on 08/22/10 23:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was not planning on replacing my car. I came across a Soul during some random window shopping. I have had it about three weeks and I like everything about it. It is comfortable. It drives well. It has enough cargo space for my favorite toys.

Not so happy Kia owner
By Jenn on 08/17/10 17:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the Soul after getting info about high gas mileage - but never got over 25 mpg at any time which was a huge disappointment. My Ford which was 9 years old gave 28 mpg and I never intended to give up mpg. The road noise is heavy - although I paid extra for some kind of noise reduction something. Also been in the dealership a few times for an unknown noise - if I park with hand brakes up, when I am reversing, I get a knocking sound. No one at the dealership could tell me anything about the noise - except to not use the hand brakes. I seriously thought the car had hand brakes so it could be used - my mistake. The car is cute and all but Kia again- I really don't think so.

Soul family
By rob1102 on 08/14/10 09:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great little car. I'm a big guy I have a ton of room.

Not Expected
By jbjtkbw00 on 08/09/10 03:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had mine for just about 3 weeks now. I LOVE this car. Has about as much room as my Jeep Liberty does in the interior (seating wise). Comfortable seats and driving position. Handles nicely on the interstate and has a little 'punch' to it when needed. The standard features on this model are fantastic. From the 315 watt stereo w/bluetooth to the sunroof and then 18" rims, my Molten (red) Soul garners a lot of attention and keeps them asking questions while at the pump. I haven't gotten this much attention in a car since my Crossfire.

Want lots of attention?
By luisruvi on 08/08/10 10:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have had a great time so far in this car. Very comfortable and fun. Great style and lots of people notice us in the Molten Red model. Moved my wife from an 07 Explorer and was worried about size change but she is falling in love with the soul.

We get lots of attention.
By luisruvi on 08/08/10 09:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good. Was great on our first day trip. I am super impressed with my Hyundai and Kia and I think I will be a loyal customer.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Kia Soul Wagon in VA is:

$106 per month*