2010 Kia Soul 2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 3 years later

2010 Kia Soul - Consumer Review

Sport Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

3 years later
By abuffardi77 on

2010 Kia Soul Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Initially, was overwhelmed by style and appearance at first thinking this vehicle had everything I wanted, 18" rims, two tone interior, great audio, and even pretty good MPG. Was hoping it would turn my nightmarish 100 mile commute into something fun. Now, I dislike the Soul quite a bit. It's too big for me, 18" are too wide for superior snow, wet, and mud traction, ride too rough, road noise too loud, MPG is not up to par, seats are uncomfortable, the interior is cheaply made, not enough power, 4 speed auto transmission is horrible, and even the dealership was shady.

Favorite Features

Appearance and only appearance

Suggested Improvements

Mood lighting module broke three times, left it broken. The on board amp broke once due to over heating. Dealership replaced it but put it back behind panels without ventilation. CEL comes on when you top off the fuel tank. Averaging 30 MPG in the summer on the highway only, 25 in the winter under the same circumstances. I don't calculate city driving as I barely cover any mileage. The Soul makes me think twice about buying another Kia product, but there's not much out there worth buying.