2010 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
I love it!
By Wedad on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Soul Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had set my heart on a CR-V and then happened to see this car which was sort of similar to it but for about $7 thousand less. I researched its specs then read all the reviews I could find on Edmunds.com & other websites then took it for a test drive. It came out with flying colors- compatible with the CR-V as far as safety, performance, reliability, warranty, fuel economy, the SUV-like seating,and the even better interior & exterior features than the CR-V. The only real difference was the 4X4 drive. I've had it for almost 3 weeks and love it. It rides a bit rough on hard roads because of the big 18" wheels and not-so-good suspension (as the Editors' reviews explained). otherwise, it's perfect for me

Bluetooth needs update
By Toms view on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The bluetooth is terrible--- every time you pass a new cell tower- it downloads your address book-- when you get in the car- the phone cannot be used until the address book gets downloaded. You also lose you phone calls when the cell tower transfers the bluetooth needs to be upgraded or replaced

Soul Love
By KIA love on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just traded in my cobalt for a Soul and I love every minute of driving it. It is a big small car. Looking at it from the outside you would never think there could be so much space. I have the audio upgrade and auto dimming rear view mirror I highly recommend both. It is everything you could want a car to be. If she treats me right I may be loyal to Kia for life. I get a lot of compliments on it. Get the ipod cable it's worth it.

Kia/Hyundai in, Honda and Toyota out
By California rugby on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Incredible value! If you're looking for a car in this category, this car is a must see. There are several other good cars that compete with the Soul sport but, when you factor in price, features, and warranty the Kia always comes out on top. Several months into ownership and not one problem at all. If money is not an issue then the Mini Clubman would be my 1st pick solely based on the vehicle itself. Honda and Toyota did not seem to have the "total" package for under $18k. Chevy HHR was same price but didn't like the way it drives nor the interior. My wife has had a Kia sedona for 5 yrs without any problems (buying a new one next week) so I am impressed with reliability.

Kia Kelly!
By Kia Kelly on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Kia Soul a few days ago. Love it! My teens love it, too. It has easy to use controls, lots of features, and fun to drive!! So far it seems to do well on gas mileage, but haven't had to fill it up yet. I love the car, but the interior quality isn't great. I would still buy it though. It is a great car for the money. It has lots of room for my tall teenage boys. We love the ipod connector and the lighted speakers. Fun, fun, fun

Luvin my hamster ride!
By gmom on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I did a lot of research before I decided on the Kia Soul. I am LOVING IT! I've had it six weeks and already have a little over 3800 miles on it. It's fun to drive. My picky husband even likes to drive it. We are in our late 40's and we see more people our age driving the Soul. Not just for the 20 somethings.

MY KIA
By juliette on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We left ride away for a long trip with our new Kia Soul. Drove to Alaska. Round trip more than 12,000 miles. Fuel was amazing. Even loaded we done better mileage than suppose too. Not once we got out of the car because it was uncomfortable. After hours of driving always felt rested. We had NO problem at all. During the trip, we done 3 oil change. That was all we needed to do. Alaska was my longest driving trip. So glad we done it with such a comfortable reliable and economic car. Love it

What a fun car
By Shannon on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Ghost the end of May and I love it! I have never owned an import before but was impressed by the 100/10 year. I travel for work so I rack up the miles. It is not the smoothest or quietest ride (what do you expect for the price and low profile tires) but still wouldn't trade it for the world. The options are great and the car just screams FUN.

Not so happy with that
By Melissa on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Blinker does not turn off after turning, overdrive & interior lights not connected when purchased, bumper clips broken so bumper is falling off, brakes locked up and burned out brakes. Dealership does not know how to balance tires and claimed I was in accident that is why clips broke, but no front end damage. Like some features, but others not so much. Gas mileage not what they claimed either.

2010 Kia +
By 1st Kia on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought the Soul +, It's my first Kia. I Love this car it has everything I wanted as far as the Bluetooth, built in ipod connection, satellite. Love the exterior look and it is fun to drive. For all the options available and warranty it's a great deal.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Kia Soul in VA is:

$106 per month*