Used 2010 Kia Soul Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Soul Wagon

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

SIMPLY WOW
By Jeffrey N

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had my heart set on a Mini, and let me just say this car completely surpassed my expectation. It's a Mini on Steroids... I drive 100 miles a day back and forth to work, everyday I find something new about the car that wows me. I was at a light and a Scion xB stopped at the light next to me, the driver looked at the Soul, put his car in reverse to backed up to see what kind of car I was driving. Every where I go, people stop me to ask what kind of car it is and ask what they call the color (Alien). This car is an amazing buy... it is amazing what is in it for the money. Love it, Love it, Love it...

Favorite Features

I have the Plus model, the upgraded stereo is amazing, it has 8 speakers and the bass rocks. It also has Serious as well as a CD and my favorite thing is you can plug your IPOD right into it. The controls on the steering wheel are so convenient, you never have to take your hands off the wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Honestly I wouldn't change a thing, for me this car is perfect. Thanks KIA...

Scion Beater
By bob*

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had my Soul+ manual tranny for 7 months now. Love it....zero defects. Put 4 people in it and it rides like a Caddy. Great fun to drive, reminds me of a Fiat, as it has its own personality, (unlike Toyota), but with good reliability. Have yet to find a KIA owner that has had problems with their car. Was in traffic today with a Scion. Scion was nice, but looked at the dash...OMG that central speedo...reminded me why I didn't buy an XB.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Interior great, controls well positioned. Love the safety ratings.

Suggested Improvements

Split driver/passenger heater/air controls.

Best car I've ever owned
By ennasus

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love my new Kia Soul. Purchased my funky little SUV for Foster Kia. The customer service was excellent and staff was knowlegable. Fun and easy to drive (parallel parking was a breeze). I would definately recommend buying a Soul from Foster Kia. My friends love that the speakers light up. It looks like I've added a lot of fancy accesories to it, but in fact they come with all the extras which is a bonus. My sales rep was so patient and helpful when trying to decide on a colour.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

I would say "cheaper price" but it was pretty affordable. I found it to be a good value for my hard earned money. Heated seats in the rear.

First Experiences
By Steve Whitmer

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Got Special Edition 2 with 18" wheels and low profile tires w/TPMS, orange w/racing stripe, sunroof, upgraded stereo, steering wheel controls, bluetooth, sport suspension. Very happy after two weeks. Got 29.2 MPG on first fill-up in mostly suburban street driving. Have ridden 4 people, backset riders said were very comfortable. Ride is tight as expected with sport suspension. Car is quiet- no high road noise as have read in other reviews, even at 65-70 mph. Soul looks to be good balance of sportiness, fuel economy, and cargo/passenger utility w/ top drawer warranty. In short, it does a lot of things pretty well at a very reasonable price.

Favorite Features

USB for stereo, steering wheel controls, great sound system, storage under rear deck

Suggested Improvements

none

Not all seashells and balloons
By MU9294

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My wife purchased this vehicle to replace her aging Mazda6 sedan. The Soul definitely stands out in the crowd and its appeal hinges on the emotional buying factors. The vehicle rides ok but can be rough on bumpy roads, especially with the 18" wheels and low-profile tires. There is a significant amount of highway wind noise. The stereo system is great and we use that to drown out the wind noise. Interior design is really nice but the quality of the materials is dubious. There are many nicks and scratches - even from light use. The biggest drawback is handling in snow. This vehicle gets stuck easily in less than 6" of snow and skids quite a bit. On dry roads it handles great.

Favorite Features

Exterior design - it's a head-turner Great warranty Superior stereo system

Suggested Improvements

Better snow and wet pavement handling Higher quality interior materials More color options