Used 2010 Kia Soul Base Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Soul Wagon

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

Practical, good styling, great gas mileage, awesome base features
By deftdrummer

2010 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my base model 2010 Kia Soul in White for about a week and a half now. This isn't really the best time to be writing a review so I'll keep it brief. Thus far the car has been a commuter for me with about 20 miles round trip daily driving to work. I just love this car! I have all the features I wanted (most of them) at the base model. I picked mine up in white with a manual for $10,999 at a Fiat dealership. Great warranty on this vehicle. Some down sides are that the engine noise inside the cabin can be a bit loud at low RPM, and also I'm not too fond of the back seats not being able to go a fully flat position. Also the interior plastics are a bit on the cheap side.

Favorite Features

Nice tight steering response Shifting is smooth as butter Exterior styling is to the point and slightly flashy LOTS of interior space for tall drivers. I am long and lean - 165 lbs and 6'5" and I fit this vehicle perfectly even without telescopic steering adjustment. 4 wheel brakes help the car stop superbly and without issue. -Auto shutoff headlights! - saved me lots of headache already. -Cool instrument panels and dashboard without being gaudy.

Suggested Improvements

-Cheap interior makes for lots of scuffs in the cargo area if you transport hardware or similar objects. -Reduce engine noise at low Rev's -Pedals are a bit troublesome for those with larger feet. (manual) -Low tire indicator should also indicate which tire is low! - Base model does not come with center console from the factory. Weak! No place other than glove box to hide things like apple ear buds / charging cable from snoops / thieves. -MPG readout would have been nice, but I believe I was just a victim of purchasing used 2010. The new ones have them if I recall, perhaps the base just doesn't have it?

Kia Kelly!
By Kia Kelly

2010 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my Kia Soul a few days ago. Love it! My teens love it, too. It has easy to use controls, lots of features, and fun to drive!! So far it seems to do well on gas mileage, but haven't had to fill it up yet. I love the car, but the interior quality isn't great. I would still buy it though. It is a great car for the money. It has lots of room for my tall teenage boys. We love the ipod connector and the lighted speakers. Fun, fun, fun

Favorite Features

style, hugs the road, it has so many features for the money.

Suggested Improvements

the interior could be a little nicer

MY KIA
By juliette

2010 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We left ride away for a long trip with our new Kia Soul. Drove to Alaska. Round trip more than 12,000 miles. Fuel was amazing. Even loaded we done better mileage than suppose too. Not once we got out of the car because it was uncomfortable. After hours of driving always felt rested. We had NO problem at all. During the trip, we done 3 oil change. That was all we needed to do. Alaska was my longest driving trip. So glad we done it with such a comfortable reliable and economic car. Love it

Favorite Features

IPOD plug. No ashtray, super screen with temp, clock

Suggested Improvements

air condition blows on the wheel not on the driver. Glove compartment too big. Stuff out of reach

Best car I have ever Driven
By purechaos109

2010 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car a month ago and it is the first brand new car I have ever owned! I have driven a lot of newer cars but none of them even compare to how this drives!! I have the Base Model! Which means I don't have any upgraded features! But I didn't want to "upgrade" because I wanted the Manual Transmission!! It really drives like a dream! Any movement in your hands and the car reacts!

Favorite Features

I LOVE the IPod hook up it downloads your songs right to the dash so you don't have to fumble around with your IPod while you are driving!!

Suggested Improvements

Cruise Control should come standard on all models!! I didn't want to upgrade and spend 3000 more just for cruise control! So now I'm stuck keeping my foot on the gas at all times!

no power
By Bill

2010 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

stay away from the 1.6 liter engine, the power is similar to a 10 speed bicycle and the mileage is terrible for such a small engine. The 2.0 isn't much better, only barely adequate power, and the mileage is even worse. What's with the all black interiors? HOT as a pizza oven in the warm weather, and sorta claustrophic. A more nuetral color would be nice. And the rear visibility STINKS. Hard to change lanes and parallel park BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEE!!!

Favorite Features

Looks aren't everything, reliability is.

Suggested Improvements

Nuetral interior color rather than a choice between A) black and B) black. Smaller rear roof pillars would make rear visibility better for changing lanes and parking.