2010 Kia Soul Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
best car I've owned
By huser20 on 06/06/13 09:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car with 5 miles on it and I've owned it for 3.5 years now...42,000 miles on it now and I've never had one thing wrong with it. Best car I've owned and I truly don't have one complaint. Just do regular maintenance you're good to go!!

3 years later
By abuffardi77 on 12/26/12 19:37 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Initially, was overwhelmed by style and appearance at first thinking this vehicle had everything I wanted, 18" rims, two tone interior, great audio, and even pretty good MPG. Was hoping it would turn my nightmarish 100 mile commute into something fun. Now, I dislike the Soul quite a bit. It's too big for me, 18" are too wide for superior snow, wet, and mud traction, ride too rough, road noise too loud, MPG is not up to par, seats are uncomfortable, the interior is cheaply made, not enough power, 4 speed auto transmission is horrible, and even the dealership was shady.

Practical, good styling, great gas mileage, awesome base features
By deftdrummer on 10/15/12 17:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my base model 2010 Kia Soul in White for about a week and a half now. This isn't really the best time to be writing a review so I'll keep it brief. Thus far the car has been a commuter for me with about 20 miles round trip daily driving to work. I just love this car! I have all the features I wanted (most of them) at the base model. I picked mine up in white with a manual for $10,999 at a Fiat dealership. Great warranty on this vehicle. Some down sides are that the engine noise inside the cabin can be a bit loud at low RPM, and also I'm not too fond of the back seats not being able to go a fully flat position. Also the interior plastics are a bit on the cheap side.

Last Kia I will own
By autoguy99 on 09/11/12 15:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Kia Soul 2U based on size vs the advertised MPG. The local dealer had it rated 41 hwy and 36 hwy. I use this car for sales and average 35000kms per year. I average arround 24 mpg. Pathetic. I talked to the same dealer who sold me on the great MPG and was told that those numbers were not real world mpg. There is an annoying rattle in the drivers side windsheild post that no one can seem to fix. Never again, next car will be a honda.

I lOvE mY nEw CaR
By kgodbold on 07/23/12 11:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is amazing the minute i saw it and drove it i fell in love with it. I couldnt be more happier with This Kia Soul it is fun to drive and its small enough for just me and a couple of friends and family members.

kia------>>> killed in action..
By jeepers20 on 05/06/12 07:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

bought a used 2010 kia soul, had major engine troubles. high revving jerking.. had back to the dealership ,changed tsc units, still had trouble.. called kias consumer affairs ..may i say ,the worst consumer affairs out there!1 eight phone calls to them, never returned one terrible!!..

Not what we expected
By chick_poo on 01/29/12 12:40 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our Soul ! used from a dealer with 33,000 miles. We bought this car because of the reviews in regards to gas mileage. This Soul is terrible in regards to mpg. I have written to Kia and I am waiting for a reply before I proceed further. I drive 60 miles a day (highway) to work, set my cruise on 70 (posted speed limit) and the best gas mileage I have gotten is 25.9 mpg. The advertised gas mileage is the main reason we bought our Soul. While it is very fun to drive, the gas mileage and the exterior quality (lack of) will not keep us a Kia customer. Paint chips very easily. Very sad because this is a fun car to drive and is very roomy.

rental blues
By fdd on 06/26/11 18:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

my van was hit while parked. thought i would try a soul rental. driven it for two months, now. the worst car i have ever driven; hard flat seats, hard painful ride, noisy 2 liter engine. one of the ugliest cars on the road. good space and headroom inside, although not up to the standard of the competition, as i have read.

AWESOME!
By mountain_kitty on 05/21/11 18:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Soul Plus. It's a blast to drive. It's comfortable. Great sound system and I'm getting between 39 and 41mpg.

Mostly Lovin' It
By 1st time new car buy on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Soul Wagon + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

As soon as I saw this car, I wanted it. I love driving it. but interior is strange. Can't be cleaned. I opened the door in the rain and it stained the inside of the door. I've tried several products to clean it, but it comes back. Don't know what else to use. Interior also scratches really easy. At first, fuel was really good - about 320 miles to a full tank. But recently, it's gone down to about 250 miles or so to a full tank. This is not stop and go traffic either.At lower speeds, about 15-20 mph, car lurches when given gas. Does not like going slowly. Brakes are super sensitive. Bumps are hard. People say bluetooth is not clear. But I still love it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Kia Soul Wagon in VA is:

$106 per month*