2010 Kia Soul + Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

+ Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Soul model:
Bluetooth needs update
By Toms view on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The bluetooth is terrible--- every time you pass a new cell tower- it downloads your address book-- when you get in the car- the phone cannot be used until the address book gets downloaded. You also lose you phone calls when the cell tower transfers the bluetooth needs to be upgraded or replaced

Not so happy Kia owner
By Jenn on 08/17/10 17:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the Soul after getting info about high gas mileage - but never got over 25 mpg at any time which was a huge disappointment. My Ford which was 9 years old gave 28 mpg and I never intended to give up mpg. The road noise is heavy - although I paid extra for some kind of noise reduction something. Also been in the dealership a few times for an unknown noise - if I park with hand brakes up, when I am reversing, I get a knocking sound. No one at the dealership could tell me anything about the noise - except to not use the hand brakes. I seriously thought the car had hand brakes so it could be used - my mistake. The car is cute and all but Kia again- I really don't think so.

The Soul of Seoul
By Chris on 07/26/10 19:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded my Kia Amanti in on a new Soul+. Although I had tears in my eyes having to leave the Amanti behind (I really did. Not too macho I know), I was happy to be driving home in something that both my wife and kids approved of. Thus far, it has been nothing but fun to drive. It does not have much power but it is after all a 4 cylinder. Great on gas and roomy. I am 6'4" and was surprised at all the room in the interior. Very sporty and nice. Kia does it again!

I got SOUL
By reivilo on 07/11/10 09:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After owning the car for 9 months i can say I am still in love with this vehicle. I'm 6'3" and fit very comfortably in here. All the gadgets are a blast to use.

Got to get you one!
By YOU HAVE TOGET ONE! on 07/04/10 11:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

6200 miles and no problems, fun to drive, awesome look (gets a lot of attention!). We average 28 mpg on the road and 26 in town, with gas so high we love this car! Lots of power for a small car, 70+ on highway with plenty of power to spare! I need a job selling these, too easy, just drive one and you are sold on them! Believe me with the warranty, service (dealer gave me 3 years free oil changes!) and quality you will buy it on the spot! The interior does scuff and scratch easy but I can live with that, moist cars do these days! What else can I say, best car to come out in years, my first new car in 7 years, love it!

Fun car to drive
By Worldly on 05/24/10 04:41 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After owning a Bertone X19, Mercedes 450SL, Mustang, Landrover, I bought the Kia Soul plus on a impulse. As I was in the dealership I was trying to Google info on the Soul but all I could find was specs and test drive reviews. So here is the real low don on the car.Exterior - Head turner, a funky good looking car with a sleek online design that flows around the car giving it an geometric look. My color is titanium, however all the colors look cool. Interior, plenty of room for 5 passengers, I'm 6'2" and my friend was 6'5 and still had 3 ft of head room. the two adults and a car seat in the back were all comfortable. The controls are easy to use, and loads of extras come with the car.

Can't wait to Drive
By Soultastic on 02/04/10 13:06 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a Kia Loyalist! My first car was a 02 Spectra and I drove the car everywhere! I bought it at a Kia which is gone now but I felt it was too small. Then I saw the Commercials for this car with the light up speakers and I was hooked! A year later around my birthday I bought a brand New Soul! I wish I would have been able to get the Sport but this works great. I went from only holding 2 of my friends to 5 and everyone loves the space! the ride is pretty smooth but the sun roof and sound over come any of that road noise. The handling is nice once you put snow tires on your good! I can't wait for the Hybrid 2015!

SIMPLY WOW
By Jeffrey N on 01/20/10 05:33 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had my heart set on a Mini, and let me just say this car completely surpassed my expectation. It's a Mini on Steroids... I drive 100 miles a day back and forth to work, everyday I find something new about the car that wows me. I was at a light and a Scion xB stopped at the light next to me, the driver looked at the Soul, put his car in reverse to backed up to see what kind of car I was driving. Every where I go, people stop me to ask what kind of car it is and ask what they call the color (Alien). This car is an amazing buy... it is amazing what is in it for the money. Love it, Love it, Love it...

Scion Beater
By bob* on 01/14/10 19:13 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had my Soul+ manual tranny for 7 months now. Love it....zero defects. Put 4 people in it and it rides like a Caddy. Great fun to drive, reminds me of a Fiat, as it has its own personality, (unlike Toyota), but with good reliability. Have yet to find a KIA owner that has had problems with their car. Was in traffic today with a Scion. Scion was nice, but looked at the dash...OMG that central speedo...reminded me why I didn't buy an XB.

Fun Car - Too Many Problems
By soul glo on 01/07/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Alien Soul + the day after thanksgiving. Been in the shop twice. ABS problems, shifter problems and on Monday morning the heat didn't work and it overheated. Towed in and they added coolant and are replacing the thermostat. It's very unfortunate that KIA still does not have sufficient quality control in their products despite all of the great reviews. I really like the car but am unsure how long I will keep it now.