Used 2010 Kia Soul Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Kia Soul - Consumer Reviews

2010 Kia Soul

View reviews for a specific Soul model:

In Love with the Soul
By smm7

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I can't say enough good things about this car! By far the best I've ever owned. I've always preferred small cars, but this is the best because it's roomy on the inside, which is important since I have 2 kids to drive around. Getting a car seat in and out is no problem, it sips gas, I can commute all over town and save way more $$ than I did with my suv! I have previously owned an Optima, and then a Rio, both were good cars, but this one is the best, and I would buy another!

Favorite Features

The interior, stereo, and bluetooth is amazing, it's the first time I've had a car talk to me, couldn't be more thrilled! My kids love it too, with the green body color and light up red speakers, it's so much fun!

Suggested Improvements

The body seems a little flimsy, like it wouldn't hold up well in an accident, or maybe I'm more used to a solid build.

best car I've owned
By huser20

2010 Kia Soul ! 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car with 5 miles on it and I've owned it for 3.5 years now...42,000 miles on it now and I've never had one thing wrong with it. Best car I've owned and I truly don't have one complaint. Just do regular maintenance you're good to go!!

Favorite Features

sound system, overall interior design (houndstooth black and beige interior)

3 years later
By abuffardi77

2010 Kia Soul Sport 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Initially, was overwhelmed by style and appearance at first thinking this vehicle had everything I wanted, 18" rims, two tone interior, great audio, and even pretty good MPG. Was hoping it would turn my nightmarish 100 mile commute into something fun. Now, I dislike the Soul quite a bit. It's too big for me, 18" are too wide for superior snow, wet, and mud traction, ride too rough, road noise too loud, MPG is not up to par, seats are uncomfortable, the interior is cheaply made, not enough power, 4 speed auto transmission is horrible, and even the dealership was shady.

Favorite Features

Appearance and only appearance

Suggested Improvements

Mood lighting module broke three times, left it broken. The on board amp broke once due to over heating. Dealership replaced it but put it back behind panels without ventilation. CEL comes on when you top off the fuel tank. Averaging 30 MPG in the summer on the highway only, 25 in the winter under the same circumstances. I don't calculate city driving as I barely cover any mileage. The Soul makes me think twice about buying another Kia product, but there's not much out there worth buying.

Practical, good styling, great gas mileage, awesome base features
By deftdrummer

2010 Kia Soul 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my base model 2010 Kia Soul in White for about a week and a half now. This isn't really the best time to be writing a review so I'll keep it brief. Thus far the car has been a commuter for me with about 20 miles round trip daily driving to work. I just love this car! I have all the features I wanted (most of them) at the base model. I picked mine up in white with a manual for $10,999 at a Fiat dealership. Great warranty on this vehicle. Some down sides are that the engine noise inside the cabin can be a bit loud at low RPM, and also I'm not too fond of the back seats not being able to go a fully flat position. Also the interior plastics are a bit on the cheap side.

Favorite Features

Nice tight steering response Shifting is smooth as butter Exterior styling is to the point and slightly flashy LOTS of interior space for tall drivers. I am long and lean - 165 lbs and 6'5" and I fit this vehicle perfectly even without telescopic steering adjustment. 4 wheel brakes help the car stop superbly and without issue. -Auto shutoff headlights! - saved me lots of headache already. -Cool instrument panels and dashboard without being gaudy.

Suggested Improvements

-Cheap interior makes for lots of scuffs in the cargo area if you transport hardware or similar objects. -Reduce engine noise at low Rev's -Pedals are a bit troublesome for those with larger feet. (manual) -Low tire indicator should also indicate which tire is low! - Base model does not come with center console from the factory. Weak! No place other than glove box to hide things like apple ear buds / charging cable from snoops / thieves. -MPG readout would have been nice, but I believe I was just a victim of purchasing used 2010. The new ones have them if I recall, perhaps the base just doesn't have it?

Last Kia I will own
By autoguy99

2010 Kia Soul + 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Kia Soul 2U based on size vs the advertised MPG. The local dealer had it rated 41 hwy and 36 hwy. I use this car for sales and average 35000kms per year. I average arround 24 mpg. Pathetic. I talked to the same dealer who sold me on the great MPG and was told that those numbers were not real world mpg. There is an annoying rattle in the drivers side windsheild post that no one can seem to fix. Never again, next car will be a honda.

Favorite Features

The Bluetooth option is great. The stereo is great.

Suggested Improvements

Improve your MPG. This car is costing me a fortune to drive. Put a 6spd manual with the 2.0L engine.