2015 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

2015 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Love this 2015 car but....
By UtahRed

2015 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Beautiful car inside and out. It's fun to drive. It's used with 36,000 miles but it does have a 5 year/60000 warranty intact. Priced well. My biggest complaint is the fuel economy. It has a 17 gallon tank and it goes through that really fast. I'm thinking the 4 cylinder engine is just too small for the weight of the truck. It just kind of drags on acceleration or should I say it's not as responsive. If you get one, buy the V6. It's only a couple $$$ more.

I changed from buying a newer Ford Escape
By Denise Simpson

2015 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I own three Fords (Ford 1999 V10 short bed, Ford 2005 Expedition and a Ford 2004 Escape) and one Honda Civic. I was after my newer Ford Escape and was disappointed in it's lack of performance in the engine which is smaller and the smaller interior. I was impressed by the Kia's fuel saving Economy (I bought a Hertz Former Rental 2015 Kia Sorento GDI), overall comfort with heated seats (came in really handy with our freezing cold snow), rear backup camera, and cargo space. I have slid on black ice three times now and the Kia held to the road and navigated with ease even backing over my snow covered driveway. I love the satellite stereo and blue tooth capabilities plus the window shades for passengers.

Sporty and sophisticated all in one package
By Joe

2015 Kia Sorento SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second Kia Sorento , my first one was a 2011 EX V6 which I liked very much and had very good luck with, not one single complaint. I put 36500 miles on it and it run perfectly for me gave me good gas mileage and no problems, it was AWD by the way and when it came time to trade I received good resale value. I take very good care of my vehicles, and by the way I dealt with two different dealers I bought my 2011 from one dealer and I leased my 2015 from a different dealer and will say that they both are top of the line dealers couldn't be happier, they are both excellent when it comes to service and getting things done. When I leased my 2015 which is a SXL AWD V6 I noticed that on rougher roads which we have a lot of them around here in NE Iowa especially in the spring time after the frost comes out, that it had a thumping noise like it was coming from the right front, like a strut or something that wasn't right, I could feel it through the floor even like it was metal on metal. I stopped at the dealer and told them about it so they had one of their experts ride with me on good roads and he even admitted that he could tell that it was doing it. So it was decided that when I brought it in for my 5000 mile maintenance that they would check it over and try and fix the problem which they did, and they also found a leak of coolant that they fixed. I was very happy and couldn't say enough good about the excellent service that I got there first class for sure. I liked my first Sorento the 2011 very much no complaints, I love this 2015 SXL what a nice vehicle for the money, and when you consider the warranty price and features for your dollar it is very hard to beat KIA. Only thing that I would like is just a little more room in back for my golf clubs it is a little tight, but of course KIA is one step ahead of me along comes the 2016 Sorento with the extra room, looks like I will need to update again soon.

Run from this SUV
By jjmk

2015 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

So, I felt I did my research on this vehicle, and for the most part I did. When I read everyone’s review, to include Edmond’s review, I felt good about my purchase, initially! My major complaint is the road noise. It is horrendous!! If your town/city roads have smooth asphalt/concrete, then you won’t mind/notice the road noise. However, the city I live in mainly has coarse (small pebble/shell) asphalt roads. I think it is important to note though the roads in my city are smooth, but are coarse. The road noise is terrible. The noise contrast is really noticeable when I drive over recently repaired (new asphalt) areas on the road.

The vehicle has great performance, handling, and great ‘bells and whistles’.

I highly encourage you to give this vehicle a thorough road test before you buy. And yes, if you’re thinking the tires might be the issue, I thought the same. So, I did my research on reputable tire websites and found the factory tires weren’t rated well. So, I replaced the factory tires with the top of the line tires. Unfortunately it wasn’t the tires. Bottom line, I’m in search of a new vehicle.

Great Car For A Grandpa
By joefire

2015 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd Sorento (We had a 2012 also). I love this car! It was great when the grandkids visited . The 3rd seat is meant for them. We have the sx model with all the bells and whistles. The acceleration of the V6 is very good and the quality of the interior is nice.

My favorite features are the way the bluetooth connects to my I-Phone automatically and the keyless starting.

I would have liked to have seen real wood on the interior instead of plastic at the price I paid.