2014 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: Great car

2014 Kia Sorento - Consumer Review

SX 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Great car
By pathlight on

2014 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

14th car I've owned and my first Kia after owning mostly Fords and Toyotas. I test drove virtually all of the competition and settled on the Sorento as the best combination of size, handling, quiet ride, technology, cargo layout (5-seater) and V6 option. The lengthy warranty helped me make the decision because I'd never paid any attention to Kia in the past and reliability was an unknown. I've driven it about 2,500 km and so far, I'm delighted.

Quiet--virtually no wind noise, minor tire noise. Comfortable seats with heating/cooling. Great sound system with USB key for taking along lots of music. Nav system. Backup camera and audible warning. Blind spot warning. Tight turning circle makes parking easier than my previous '09 Ford Fusion.

The ride could be a little softer to smooth out bumps, ruts and reduce jiggling at slow speeds. I'd gladly trade some more body lean for a smoother ride. The speed controlled variable volume setting doesn't work. Either remove the setting or make it work. The speedometer needle should be brighter so it can be easily seen when wearing sunglasses.