2014 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: My wife and I love this car

2014 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Review

My wife and I love this car
By corkya on

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We checked 6 different vehicles in this class before we purchased in April of 2013. Sorento had the best features for the price. Great ride. Little or no road noise. Acceleration is all we need. Handling is good. I am impressed with the breaking ability. The 6-speed trans sometimes downshifts more often than we are used to. We have the 7 pass and have not sat in the way back but mid seat is comfortable and roomy. Engine noise is a bit much on heavy acceleration as were all vehicles we tested. Cargo space with third seat down was good. Just took a trip with three adults w/luggage and a 50 qt(?) cooler. No problems and plenty of space. Exterior looks like many other brands. Ho hum.

Favorite Features

Memory seats, GPS, Satellite Radio, power lift gate, back up camera, blind spot alerts. Also the "mileage to empty" and mpg.We owned a 2001 Aztek (don't laugh unless you drove one, they were great) until we bought this car in April. The technology is light years away from 2001 so we were easily impressed. The overall technology in this car for the price is great!

Suggested Improvements

The speedometer is difficult to read in sunlight. Perhaps the numbers and pointer could be in a fluorescent color. Also the lack of numbers: 10, 30, 50 etc on the speedo are missing. It does not need to read up to 160 mph. I do not understand why all cars need a tachometer. An oil/ammeter would be more beneficial. I have not needed a tach since I was a teenager. I have even seen tachometers on luxury cars! Put the compass in the rear view mirror and the temperature somewhere other than a small place in the instrument panel. Mileage per gallon calculation could be more accurate.