Cannot see Speedometer needle in bright light
By hobby1 on
2014 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)
My 2012 Sorento was great so I traded to 2014 when time came. The auto dim feature of the instrument cluster makes it difficult and at times impossible to see speedometer needle. Kia says it is "working as designed" "Kia cannot help you" It is bright with no problems at night/in garage and on cloud/stormy days. Since design features are not covered by warranty Kia America refuses to address the matter. 7 others have filed same complaint with National Safety Board. I must get rid of the car before i have an accident while trying to locate my speed. Also window shade rattles "no adjustment can be made". Will be my last Kia.
Favorite Features
Pickup of V6 and exterior appearance
Suggested Improvements
Must get rid of auto dim feature for instrument panel. I fail to understand why the customer has a control feature for the illumination that is overridden by some software package. The entire issue can be corrected with a software adjustment but Kia refuses to consider it..."it is working as designed" second row seating needs to be able to be on moveable track. Need a little more room in front as well.