2014 Kia Sorento Consumer Review: 2014 Sorento SX-L, AWD, a 40k

2014 Kia Sorento - Consumer Review

SXL 4dr SUV (3.3L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

2014 Sorento SX-L, AWD, a 40k mile update.
By stuball45 on

2014 Kia Sorento SXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2014 Kia Sorento SX-L AWD is our second Sorento. Everything we said about it in our earlier review still holds true. We now have over 40,000 miles on it and the Sorento has performed flawessly. As I said in our initial review, the Sorento is very feature rich and comfortable to drive. Little features like the heated and cooled front bucket seats have proven to be even more beneficial that we believed they would be. I can give the Sorento an unqualified "thumbs up". Also, the original equipment tires still have not needed to be replaced.

We bought a 2011 EX V6 FWD in April 2010 and put about 60K (happy) miles on it.
It had all of the available "bells and whistles" at the time but the new 2014 SX-L is a huge advancement in nearly every category.
It is so feature-rich, comfortable, powerful and well finished that I think it beats the competition from Honda, Acura, BMW etc. for thousands of dollars less.
Admittedly, this is the top of the line so the Nappa leather and panoramic sun roof won't be found on every model.
Aside from the many features on the SX-L, I would strongly recommend the AWD version.
It really makes a positive difference in how the vehicle drives.

• Active safety
  • Headlights
  • Climate control
  • Entertainment
  • Usb ports
  • Bluetooth
  • Navigation
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By stuball45
on 06/11/14 21:03 PM (PDT)

We have now had the Sorento SXL reviewed above for ten months and driven it 15,000 miles. We love it! All the good things I said when it was new still apply. This is a really luxurious and strong vehicle. We have driven it both around town and on longer trips; I can't really think of anything negative to say about it. I have looked at the features of comparable SUVs from the big names like Mercedes and Lexus and while these are undoubtedly fine vehicles they don't have all of the features of the SX-L and cost thousands more. All you get is the name and the status; I don't need it.