2014 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2014 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Most Helpful|
We love our 2014 Kia Sorento LX
By roadturtle59

2014 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have bought new one Tuscon in the 90's, and four Hyundai Santa Fe's, 2008, 2009, 2011, and a 2012. This is our first Kia Sorento. the Pros; Strong motor, easier steering, a lot better suspension, better handling, better gas mileage 24.9 average, smooth automatic 6 speed transmission, easy to get in and out off, great visibility, awesome warranty. In all the years I have owned Hyundai's, and now Kia. I only had one minor repair under warranty years ago. Cons; none so far. We have 1350 miles on our new Sorento so far. I strongly recommend Kia Sorento.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Power drivers seat as standard equipment.

Evaluation after one year and 12,000 mi. of driving
By ttadych

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We live inWisconsin and therefore opted for the all wheel drive version. All systems working very well and generally we are completely satisfied with the decision to purchase. KIA engineers need however, to make the passengers seat fully adjustable. NO WAY TO RAISE SEAT LEVEL. You sit too low in the passenger seat ! This is the top of the line model with nearly every option, but there is no power adjustment for height of the seat. Very short sided on KIA's behalf….. Like the power of the engine and would not sacrifice the power for a bit more economy…however there must be a way to engineer at least a few more mpg out of that engine. GREAT CAR OVERALL

Favorite Features

Navigation All Wheel Drive

Suggested Improvements

Seat Height Adjustment On Passenger Seat. There is NONE Currently

Capacious and Comfy Cruiser
By jlgolden

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Sorento V6 AWD for eight months, and accumulated 20,000 miles. Front seat comfort (aided by heating and cooling) for long trips is superb. The overall handling, acceleration, braking, ride comfort...they all add to a relaxed experience behind the wheel. This car is easy to drive in the crowded city, and it's a great highway cruiser.

Favorite Features

The large, clear touch screen screen interface and the giant backup cam screen are a huge LIKE. Other favorites: Blind spot monitoring, cooled seats, and power tailgate, giant glass roof, and the security of All Wheel Drive. The LED front running lamps and large LED tail lamps are visually striking, gorgeous.

Suggested Improvements

The satellite radio signal is sensitive to dropouts, and there's an odd engine "lugging" sensation if cruising gently at 1800-2200 RPM, regardless of speed.

Cannot see Speedometer needle in bright light
By hobby1

2014 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My 2012 Sorento was great so I traded to 2014 when time came. The auto dim feature of the instrument cluster makes it difficult and at times impossible to see speedometer needle. Kia says it is "working as designed" "Kia cannot help you" It is bright with no problems at night/in garage and on cloud/stormy days. Since design features are not covered by warranty Kia America refuses to address the matter. 7 others have filed same complaint with National Safety Board. I must get rid of the car before i have an accident while trying to locate my speed. Also window shade rattles "no adjustment can be made". Will be my last Kia.

Favorite Features

Pickup of V6 and exterior appearance

Suggested Improvements

Must get rid of auto dim feature for instrument panel. I fail to understand why the customer has a control feature for the illumination that is overridden by some software package. The entire issue can be corrected with a software adjustment but Kia refuses to consider it..."it is working as designed" second row seating needs to be able to be on moveable track. Need a little more room in front as well.

My first Sorento. I love it!!!
By billyboy10

2014 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first ever SUV or CUV ( whatever you call it ). I have been a loyal Kia owner for the past 10 years but this is my first time not buying a compact car. I am very impressed with my 2014 Sorento. It has all the extras that you can get on the LX model. Myself and my kids love the heated front seats, especially with the cold winter we have had this year. The UVO is a big upgrade from what I had in my 2010 Forte and the rear camera is useful as well. With my kids getting older I just wanted to get something that was bigger with more room and safer on the road. This is it!

Favorite Features

Heated front seats, Uvo, rear camera and the ride quality is better than I expected. I am still getting used to sitting up higher than I have been in my past vehicles ( It's nice ).