2014 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Evaluation after one year and 12,000 mi. of driving
By ttadych

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

We live inWisconsin and therefore opted for the all wheel drive version. All systems working very well and generally we are completely satisfied with the decision to purchase. KIA engineers need however, to make the passengers seat fully adjustable. NO WAY TO RAISE SEAT LEVEL. You sit too low in the passenger seat ! This is the top of the line model with nearly every option, but there is no power adjustment for height of the seat. Very short sided on KIA's behalf….. Like the power of the engine and would not sacrifice the power for a bit more economy…however there must be a way to engineer at least a few more mpg out of that engine. GREAT CAR OVERALL

Navigation All Wheel Drive

Seat Height Adjustment On Passenger Seat. There is NONE Currently

Kia Sorento
By brianv2

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My wife needed a new car and we wanted something that could haul 5 comfortably, and occasionally squeeze up to 2 more. Reliability was also very important. In addition, my wife loves all the little comfort features, so these were the main 2 criteria. After extensive research, I narrowed down the list to: Kia Sorento, Hyundai Santa Fe, and Toyota Highlander. Personally, I preferred the Santa Fe, but there are way fewer of these on the market (we were looking for a late model lightly used vehicle to not take the big depreciation hit). So, it was between the Santa Fe and Highlander. I like the Highlander, but I was able to get a newer Sorento with less miles and more features.

* Peppy V6 * Cooled/heated seats * Panoramic sunroof * UVO system * backup camera

Extend the wheel base 4-5 inches to make the 3rd row more of an every day option.

Cannot see Speedometer needle in bright light
By hobby1

2014 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My 2012 Sorento was great so I traded to 2014 when time came. The auto dim feature of the instrument cluster makes it difficult and at times impossible to see speedometer needle. Kia says it is "working as designed" "Kia cannot help you" It is bright with no problems at night/in garage and on cloud/stormy days. Since design features are not covered by warranty Kia America refuses to address the matter. 7 others have filed same complaint with National Safety Board. I must get rid of the car before i have an accident while trying to locate my speed. Also window shade rattles "no adjustment can be made". Will be my last Kia.

Pickup of V6 and exterior appearance

Must get rid of auto dim feature for instrument panel. I fail to understand why the customer has a control feature for the illumination that is overridden by some software package. The entire issue can be corrected with a software adjustment but Kia refuses to consider it..."it is working as designed" second row seating needs to be able to be on moveable track. Need a little more room in front as well.

2014 Sorento SX V6
By 4norm78

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I picked up my Kia at a Cadillac dealership. The car was about a year old with 3500 miles on it. The price was $8000 below sticker. For the past 4 months, the car has been stellar. Excellent ride, good handling, excellent gas mileage and it's comfortable. The car was well equipped with panoramic sunroof, heated and cooled seats, power liftgate, power folding mirrors, nav, bluetooth, music hard drive, dual power seats, side radar, 3rd seat, rear a/c. I've gotten 24-25 mpg with regular driving around the city. It gets 29-30 on the road.

Love the sunroof and the nav.

The carpeting is shameful. Looks more like pads. The floormats look better than the carpeting. Headrest need to be redesigned - totally uncomfortable.

My 2nd Sorento
By wnicholson

2014 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I originally had a 2012 Sorento that I travel in for my work. The vehicle was very comfortable, a pleasure to drive, no fatigue after a long road trip, I liked my 2012 Sorento. When it came time to trade I went back to the same dealer I purchased my 2012 Sorento from and they showed me the 2014. WOW! I really liked it. The 2014 Sorento looked like the 2012 but the changes that Kia made a a very good vehicle into a great vehicle. My 2014 is is much quieter, hardly any road noise and 0 wind noise, the ride is great, the new seats are even more comfortable and the general overall appearance is just great. The Bluetooth and voice command are also flawless! You wont be sorry with a Kia!

Comfort! There is plenty of room for me and Im a big guy, 6" 220lbs. The back seat is alo roomy. I dont have the third row so I cant comment on that. The cargo room is top notch.The Bluetooth is great as is the voice command. The instrument cluster is great and easy to read. The quality of the vehicle is top notch. I get comments on my 2014 Sorento all the time about how it looks and how comfortable it is. Im very pleased with my Kia and will buy another Kia product without hesitation.

Im happy with mine!