2014 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2014 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

2014 Sorento SX V6
By 4norm78

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I picked up my Kia at a Cadillac dealership. The car was about a year old with 3500 miles on it. The price was $8000 below sticker. For the past 4 months, the car has been stellar. Excellent ride, good handling, excellent gas mileage and it's comfortable. The car was well equipped with panoramic sunroof, heated and cooled seats, power liftgate, power folding mirrors, nav, bluetooth, music hard drive, dual power seats, side radar, 3rd seat, rear a/c. I've gotten 24-25 mpg with regular driving around the city. It gets 29-30 on the road.

Favorite Features

Love the sunroof and the nav.

Suggested Improvements

The carpeting is shameful. Looks more like pads. The floormats look better than the carpeting. Headrest need to be redesigned - totally uncomfortable.

My 2nd Sorento
By wnicholson

2014 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I originally had a 2012 Sorento that I travel in for my work. The vehicle was very comfortable, a pleasure to drive, no fatigue after a long road trip, I liked my 2012 Sorento. When it came time to trade I went back to the same dealer I purchased my 2012 Sorento from and they showed me the 2014. WOW! I really liked it. The 2014 Sorento looked like the 2012 but the changes that Kia made a a very good vehicle into a great vehicle. My 2014 is is much quieter, hardly any road noise and 0 wind noise, the ride is great, the new seats are even more comfortable and the general overall appearance is just great. The Bluetooth and voice command are also flawless! You wont be sorry with a Kia!

Favorite Features

Comfort! There is plenty of room for me and Im a big guy, 6" 220lbs. The back seat is alo roomy. I dont have the third row so I cant comment on that. The cargo room is top notch.The Bluetooth is great as is the voice command. The instrument cluster is great and easy to read. The quality of the vehicle is top notch. I get comments on my 2014 Sorento all the time about how it looks and how comfortable it is. Im very pleased with my Kia and will buy another Kia product without hesitation.

Suggested Improvements

Im happy with mine!

WOW!
By btc3

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just got the 2014 SXL model. What a great SUV!-- and this is coming from BMW-- which I will never buy again. The Sorento has great handling, pretty good gas mileage and it looks AWESOME! This is my first KIA and I have a feeling I will be a long time customer. Friends of mine also own the new Sorento and have told me that the reliability is fantastic. If you are in the market for a mid-size SUV, I would definitely recommend a test drive.

Favorite Features

There are too many features to list-- but I would have to say the UVO system is awesome. Bluetooth / Streaming Audio works perfectly and sounds great. Panoramic sunroof is the largest in its class. Heated / cooled seats in Nappa leather (front AND back seats) are very comfortable. Cargo space is more than adequate. My 3 large dogs love it.

Suggested Improvements

none that I can think of.

My first Sorento. I love it!!!
By billyboy10

2014 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first ever SUV or CUV ( whatever you call it ). I have been a loyal Kia owner for the past 10 years but this is my first time not buying a compact car. I am very impressed with my 2014 Sorento. It has all the extras that you can get on the LX model. Myself and my kids love the heated front seats, especially with the cold winter we have had this year. The UVO is a big upgrade from what I had in my 2010 Forte and the rear camera is useful as well. With my kids getting older I just wanted to get something that was bigger with more room and safer on the road. This is it!

Favorite Features

Heated front seats, Uvo, rear camera and the ride quality is better than I expected. I am still getting used to sitting up higher than I have been in my past vehicles ( It's nice ).

Capacious and Comfy Cruiser
By jlgolden

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Sorento V6 AWD for eight months, and accumulated 20,000 miles. Front seat comfort (aided by heating and cooling) for long trips is superb. The overall handling, acceleration, braking, ride comfort...they all add to a relaxed experience behind the wheel. This car is easy to drive in the crowded city, and it's a great highway cruiser.

Favorite Features

The large, clear touch screen screen interface and the giant backup cam screen are a huge LIKE. Other favorites: Blind spot monitoring, cooled seats, and power tailgate, giant glass roof, and the security of All Wheel Drive. The LED front running lamps and large LED tail lamps are visually striking, gorgeous.

Suggested Improvements

The satellite radio signal is sensitive to dropouts, and there's an odd engine "lugging" sensation if cruising gently at 1800-2200 RPM, regardless of speed.