2014 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
My wife and I love this car
By corkya on 08/25/13 18:25 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We checked 6 different vehicles in this class before we purchased in April of 2013. Sorento had the best features for the price. Great ride. Little or no road noise. Acceleration is all we need. Handling is good. I am impressed with the breaking ability. The 6-speed trans sometimes downshifts more often than we are used to. We have the 7 pass and have not sat in the way back but mid seat is comfortable and roomy. Engine noise is a bit much on heavy acceleration as were all vehicles we tested. Cargo space with third seat down was good. Just took a trip with three adults w/luggage and a 50 qt(?) cooler. No problems and plenty of space. Exterior looks like many other brands. Ho hum.

2014 Sorento SX-L, AWD, A great choice!
By stuball45 on 08/23/13 19:11 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Our new 2014 Kia Sorento SX-L AWD is our second Sorento. We bought a 2011 EX V6 FWD in April 2010 and put about 60K (happy) miles on it. It had all of the available "bells and whistles" at the time but the new 2014 SX-L is a huge advancement in nearly every category. It is so feature-rich, comfortable, powerful and well finished that I think it beats the competition from Honda, Acura, BMW etc. for thousands of dollars less. Admittedly, this is the top of the line so the Nappa leather and panoramic sun roof won't be found on every model. Aside from the many features on the SX-L, I would strongly recommend the AWD version. It really makes a positive difference in how the vehicle drives.

a nice Touring car
By cottonwoodkoi on 08/21/13 12:19 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought an Lx, fwd, with all the toys.. just so that people understand that there is a large difference between the lx base and one that costs 10000 more. The suv is smooth and quite. no wind noise, little road. previous was was a 2007 cr-v, that had lots of road/wind noise.What a difference.I cn hear the music on low volume .4 cylinder engine has no problems going up steep hills and is showing 26.5 mpg verses the CR-V's 28.

GREAT Choice
By bigpoppy on 05/24/13 17:13 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Had a 2012 Sorento with the 4 cylinder. Pretty peppy and pretty good gas mileage. Noticed however that when climbing hills it didn't upshift well. I attributed this to an outmatched engine for the weight of the vehicle. Just got the 2014 Sorento SX with the V6 GDI. It has tons of power and is super quiet. 400 pounds lighter and bigger engine is the winning combo. Silky smooth and great looking!

A very impressive vehicle
By rcf8000 on 04/16/13 14:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SXL 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Here is my report card for my SXL FWD after three weeks of ownership: Excellent: Power train refinement; nav/entertainment/climate controls and displays; blindspot alert; sunroof; rear view camera; build quality Very Good: Steering (NORMAL setting); braking; ride; handling; styling; driver's seat comfort; noise levels Good: Front passenger seat comfort; second row seat comfort; front seat access; instrument panel displays; gas mileage: 20.7 mpg (suburban driving, calculated; instrument panel display read 22.2 mpg) Fair: Third row seat comfort, for persons 5 ft 10 in tall or smaller, on short trips; third row access Unknown: reliability (no repairs have been needed so far)

My first KIA
By tig2002 on 03/17/13 23:31 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first KIA out of 14 other cars I owned in the past and I am very impressed. My 4-cylinder AWD Sorento LX gets the best gas mileage in area with altitude of 4,300 feet out of any SUV I owned in the past – 24.3MPG in mixed 50% city/50% highway driving without even breaking the 5K barrier. I am also impressed with is the built quality and quality of materials, both interior and exterior. The ride is a little stiff but soft (no rattles or squeaks), which makes this SUV let you feel it and handle better. The interior is designed very well. I am not so much impressed with looks of the exterior but I don’t really care whether I get compliments. Test drive it and you will be thrilled.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Kia Sorento Suv in VA is:

$137 per month*