2014 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Cannot see Speedometer needle in bright light
By hobby1 on 06/18/14 14:38 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

My 2012 Sorento was great so I traded to 2014 when time came. The auto dim feature of the instrument cluster makes it difficult and at times impossible to see speedometer needle. Kia says it is "working as designed" "Kia cannot help you" It is bright with no problems at night/in garage and on cloud/stormy days. Since design features are not covered by warranty Kia America refuses to address the matter. 7 others have filed same complaint with National Safety Board. I must get rid of the car before i have an accident while trying to locate my speed. Also window shade rattles "no adjustment can be made". Will be my last Kia.

2014 Sorento SX V6
By 4norm78 on 06/08/14 14:18 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I picked up my Kia at a Cadillac dealership. The car was about a year old with 3500 miles on it. The price was $8000 below sticker. For the past 4 months, the car has been stellar. Excellent ride, good handling, excellent gas mileage and it's comfortable. The car was well equipped with panoramic sunroof, heated and cooled seats, power liftgate, power folding mirrors, nav, bluetooth, music hard drive, dual power seats, side radar, 3rd seat, rear a/c. I've gotten 24-25 mpg with regular driving around the city. It gets 29-30 on the road.

My 2nd Sorento
By wnicholson on 03/24/14 18:49 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I originally had a 2012 Sorento that I travel in for my work. The vehicle was very comfortable, a pleasure to drive, no fatigue after a long road trip, I liked my 2012 Sorento. When it came time to trade I went back to the same dealer I purchased my 2012 Sorento from and they showed me the 2014. WOW! I really liked it. The 2014 Sorento looked like the 2012 but the changes that Kia made a a very good vehicle into a great vehicle. My 2014 is is much quieter, hardly any road noise and 0 wind noise, the ride is great, the new seats are even more comfortable and the general overall appearance is just great. The Bluetooth and voice command are also flawless! You wont be sorry with a Kia!

WOW!
By btc3 on 03/23/14 19:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just got the 2014 SXL model. What a great SUV!-- and this is coming from BMW-- which I will never buy again. The Sorento has great handling, pretty good gas mileage and it looks AWESOME! This is my first KIA and I have a feeling I will be a long time customer. Friends of mine also own the new Sorento and have told me that the reliability is fantastic. If you are in the market for a mid-size SUV, I would definitely recommend a test drive.

My first Sorento. I love it!!!
By billyboy10 on 03/16/14 18:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first ever SUV or CUV ( whatever you call it ). I have been a loyal Kia owner for the past 10 years but this is my first time not buying a compact car. I am very impressed with my 2014 Sorento. It has all the extras that you can get on the LX model. Myself and my kids love the heated front seats, especially with the cold winter we have had this year. The UVO is a big upgrade from what I had in my 2010 Forte and the rear camera is useful as well. With my kids getting older I just wanted to get something that was bigger with more room and safer on the road. This is it!

Capacious and Comfy Cruiser
By jlgolden on 03/15/14 07:14 AM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Sorento V6 AWD for eight months, and accumulated 20,000 miles. Front seat comfort (aided by heating and cooling) for long trips is superb. The overall handling, acceleration, braking, ride comfort...they all add to a relaxed experience behind the wheel. This car is easy to drive in the crowded city, and it's a great highway cruiser.

We love our 2014 Kia Sorento LX
By roadturtle59 on 01/02/14 16:30 PM (PST)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have bought new one Tuscon in the 90's, and four Hyundai Santa Fe's, 2008, 2009, 2011, and a 2012. This is our first Kia Sorento. the Pros; Strong motor, easier steering, a lot better suspension, better handling, better gas mileage 24.9 average, smooth automatic 6 speed transmission, easy to get in and out off, great visibility, awesome warranty. In all the years I have owned Hyundai's, and now Kia. I only had one minor repair under warranty years ago. Cons; none so far. We have 1350 miles on our new Sorento so far. I strongly recommend Kia Sorento.

Excellent SUV but one major flaw
By sprintrps on 11/01/13 13:07 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

The Sorento EX has it all for the price. I am 6'5" and it has plenty of room with easy ingress/egress for me. The SUV is fast, quiet and very solid. There are no rattles or squeaks. I am a conservative driver and my around town driving has measured 22.9 mpg. Very happy with that. The transmission is not smooth, shifts at strange times, downshifts with an impact and "clunks" the first 1st to 2nd gear shift of the day.

2014 Sorento - great value!
By duanez on 09/25/13 16:29 PM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2014 Sorento LX V6 AWD - What a great value! I purchased a new 2011 Sorento LX 4cyl my wife is the primary driver of. We both liked the vehicle; still have it. Had a transmission input shaft fail under warranty, but the service was top notch. The V6 is very strong, and the vehicle is very quite at all speeds. After doing a lot of research, this remains the best bet for my price point.

Great car
By pathlight on 09/19/13 11:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

14th car I've owned and my first Kia after owning mostly Fords and Toyotas. I test drove virtually all of the competition and settled on the Sorento as the best combination of size, handling, quiet ride, technology, cargo layout (5-seater) and V6 option. The lengthy warranty helped me make the decision because I'd never paid any attention to Kia in the past and reliability was an unknown. I've driven it about 2,500 km and so far, I'm delighted.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Kia Sorento Suv in VA is:

$137 per month*