2014 Kia Sorento LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Very happy so far
By Jaysan Anderson

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Sorento for a few months now and I still love driving it. I like the handling, the lack of road/wind noise, and all the extras that came with the LX model. Mine also came with the 3rd row seat package. The 3rd row is pretty small, but I love how the whole middle row can slide forward and back to give the 3rd row a little more room if needed. With that option, it makes having bigger people in the back a little more realistic. The 4 cylinder engine is surprisingly strong(though I haven't driven the V6) and it is enough power for most peoples needs. If price isn't a concern, obviously the V6 would be the way to go. As of now, I plan to keep buying Sorentos in the future.

I love how quiet the car is. There's a lot of wind where I live so its nice to not have to listen to it when we drive. I'm impressed with the power the 4cyl has with how heavy the SUV is. It's not a lot of power, but it's more than I thought it would be. I like how much room the Sorento has when the 3rd row is folded down. My wife and I haul lots of wood furniture and so far we've been able to fit everything we've hauled. I love how versatile the Sorento is. The 3rd row seats can be folded down individually and the 2nd row is very versatile as well...way better than just the normal 60/40 split seats. And like I mentioned before, the 2nd row slides forward and back.

The UVO system has a lot to it and when it's working, its really nice. This may just be my experience, but I've had some issues with it freezing up and not showing the names of the songs on my iphone sometimes but then showing the names other times. It just seems to act up once in a while and it can be frustrating. On the plus side, I love all the options for music and charging your devices.

My 2nd Sorento
By wnicholson

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I originally had a 2012 Sorento that I travel in for my work. The vehicle was very comfortable, a pleasure to drive, no fatigue after a long road trip, I liked my 2012 Sorento. When it came time to trade I went back to the same dealer I purchased my 2012 Sorento from and they showed me the 2014. WOW! I really liked it. The 2014 Sorento looked like the 2012 but the changes that Kia made a a very good vehicle into a great vehicle. My 2014 is is much quieter, hardly any road noise and 0 wind noise, the ride is great, the new seats are even more comfortable and the general overall appearance is just great. The Bluetooth and voice command are also flawless! You wont be sorry with a Kia!

Comfort! There is plenty of room for me and Im a big guy, 6" 220lbs. The back seat is alo roomy. I dont have the third row so I cant comment on that. The cargo room is top notch.The Bluetooth is great as is the voice command. The instrument cluster is great and easy to read. The quality of the vehicle is top notch. I get comments on my 2014 Sorento all the time about how it looks and how comfortable it is. Im very pleased with my Kia and will buy another Kia product without hesitation.

Im happy with mine!

My first Sorento. I love it!!!
By billyboy10

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first ever SUV or CUV ( whatever you call it ). I have been a loyal Kia owner for the past 10 years but this is my first time not buying a compact car. I am very impressed with my 2014 Sorento. It has all the extras that you can get on the LX model. Myself and my kids love the heated front seats, especially with the cold winter we have had this year. The UVO is a big upgrade from what I had in my 2010 Forte and the rear camera is useful as well. With my kids getting older I just wanted to get something that was bigger with more room and safer on the road. This is it!

Heated front seats, Uvo, rear camera and the ride quality is better than I expected. I am still getting used to sitting up higher than I have been in my past vehicles ( It's nice ).

We love our 2014 Kia Sorento LX
By roadturtle59

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have bought new one Tuscon in the 90's, and four Hyundai Santa Fe's, 2008, 2009, 2011, and a 2012. This is our first Kia Sorento. the Pros; Strong motor, easier steering, a lot better suspension, better handling, better gas mileage 24.9 average, smooth automatic 6 speed transmission, easy to get in and out off, great visibility, awesome warranty. In all the years I have owned Hyundai's, and now Kia. I only had one minor repair under warranty years ago. Cons; none so far. We have 1350 miles on our new Sorento so far. I strongly recommend Kia Sorento.

Power drivers seat as standard equipment.

My wife and I love this car
By corkya

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We checked 6 different vehicles in this class before we purchased in April of 2013. Sorento had the best features for the price. Great ride. Little or no road noise. Acceleration is all we need. Handling is good. I am impressed with the breaking ability. The 6-speed trans sometimes downshifts more often than we are used to. We have the 7 pass and have not sat in the way back but mid seat is comfortable and roomy. Engine noise is a bit much on heavy acceleration as were all vehicles we tested. Cargo space with third seat down was good. Just took a trip with three adults w/luggage and a 50 qt(?) cooler. No problems and plenty of space. Exterior looks like many other brands. Ho hum.

Memory seats, GPS, Satellite Radio, power lift gate, back up camera, blind spot alerts. Also the "mileage to empty" and mpg.We owned a 2001 Aztek (don't laugh unless you drove one, they were great) until we bought this car in April. The technology is light years away from 2001 so we were easily impressed. The overall technology in this car for the price is great!

The speedometer is difficult to read in sunlight. Perhaps the numbers and pointer could be in a fluorescent color. Also the lack of numbers: 10, 30, 50 etc on the speedo are missing. It does not need to read up to 160 mph. I do not understand why all cars need a tachometer. An oil/ammeter would be more beneficial. I have not needed a tach since I was a teenager. I have even seen tachometers on luxury cars! Put the compass in the rear view mirror and the temperature somewhere other than a small place in the instrument panel. Mileage per gallon calculation could be more accurate.