Used 2014 Kia Sorento LX Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2014 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Nice SUV
By JVT

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Only real gripe I have about the Sorento as equipped (LX FWD) are the low grip eco tires they put on it. Being in the snowbelt, I should have gotten AWD, but the Eco tires are horrible in even light snow. I'd expect an all season tire to at least get you moving when there's an inch and a half of snow on the ground. Not so much. I put some winter tires on and all is well again however.
The Sorento is roomy and has great cargo room and some hidden under floor cubbies in the cargo area as well. Very handy when camping / moving and etc. I'm averaging around 26mpg which I'm happy with given the Sorento's size.
The ride is smooth and comfortable, interior materials have solid fit and finish and are soft touch for the most part. IP and center stack are very legible and usable. Heated seats work well.
Overall I'd say this is a solid soft roader SUV that has lots of cargo room and would recommend it.

Very happy so far
By Jaysan Anderson

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Sorento for a few months now and I still love driving it. I like the handling, the lack of road/wind noise, and all the extras that came with the LX model. Mine also came with the 3rd row seat package. The 3rd row is pretty small, but I love how the whole middle row can slide forward and back to give the 3rd row a little more room if needed. With that option, it makes having bigger people in the back a little more realistic. The 4 cylinder engine is surprisingly strong(though I haven't driven the V6) and it is enough power for most peoples needs. If price isn't a concern, obviously the V6 would be the way to go. As of now, I plan to keep buying Sorentos in the future.

I love how quiet the car is. There's a lot of wind where I live so its nice to not have to listen to it when we drive. I'm impressed with the power the 4cyl has with how heavy the SUV is. It's not a lot of power, but it's more than I thought it would be. I like how much room the Sorento has when the 3rd row is folded down. My wife and I haul lots of wood furniture and so far we've been able to fit everything we've hauled. I love how versatile the Sorento is. The 3rd row seats can be folded down individually and the 2nd row is very versatile as well...way better than just the normal 60/40 split seats. And like I mentioned before, the 2nd row slides forward and back.

The UVO system has a lot to it and when it's working, its really nice. This may just be my experience, but I've had some issues with it freezing up and not showing the names of the songs on my iphone sometimes but then showing the names other times. It just seems to act up once in a while and it can be frustrating. On the plus side, I love all the options for music and charging your devices.

My 2nd Sorento
By wnicholson

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I originally had a 2012 Sorento that I travel in for my work.
The vehicle was very comfortable, a pleasure to drive, no fatigue after a long road trip, I liked my 2012 Sorento.
When it came time to trade I went back to the same dealer I purchased my 2012 Sorento from and they showed me the 2014.
WOW!
I really liked it.
The 2014 Sorento looked like the 2012 but the changes that Kia made a a very good vehicle into a great vehicle.
My 2014 is is much quieter, hardly any road noise and 0 wind noise, the ride is great, the new seats are even more comfortable and the general overall appearance is just great.
The Bluetooth and voice command are also flawless! You wont be sorry with a Kia!

Comfort! There is plenty of room for me and Im a big guy, 6" 220lbs. The back seat is alo roomy. I dont have the third row so I cant comment on that. The cargo room is top notch.The Bluetooth is great as is the voice command. The instrument cluster is great and easy to read. The quality of the vehicle is top notch. I get comments on my 2014 Sorento all the time about how it looks and how comfortable it is. Im very pleased with my Kia and will buy another Kia product without hesitation.

Im happy with mine!

My first Sorento. I love it!!!
By billyboy10

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first ever SUV or CUV ( whatever you call it ). I have been a loyal Kia owner for the past 10 years but this is my first time not buying a compact car. I am very impressed with my 2014 Sorento. It has all the extras that you can get on the LX model. Myself and my kids love the heated front seats, especially with the cold winter we have had this year. The UVO is a big upgrade from what I had in my 2010 Forte and the rear camera is useful as well. With my kids getting older I just wanted to get something that was bigger with more room and safer on the road. This is it!

Heated front seats, Uvo, rear camera and the ride quality is better than I expected. I am still getting used to sitting up higher than I have been in my past vehicles ( It's nice ).

We love our 2014 Kia Sorento LX
By roadturtle59

2014 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have bought new one Tuscon in the 90's, and four Hyundai Santa Fe's, 2008, 2009, 2011, and a 2012. This is our first Kia Sorento. the Pros; Strong motor, easier steering, a lot better suspension, better handling, better gas mileage 24.9 average, smooth automatic 6 speed transmission, easy to get in and out off, great visibility, awesome warranty. In all the years I have owned Hyundai's, and now Kia. I only had one minor repair under warranty years ago. Cons; none so far. We have 1350 miles on our new Sorento so far. I strongly recommend Kia Sorento.

Power drivers seat as standard equipment.