Poor Reliability and Poor Service
By neveragain727 on
2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
We bought a new 2012 Kia Sorento for our daughter in college in 08/2011. She put 9,800 miles on the car so far with all the normalized services being up to date. This Saturday 10/27/2012, she drove from Miami to Naple, and this car died on I-75! Thank the Lord that neither she nor her friend got hurt! She had it towed to Fuccillo Kia dealership in Cape Coral, FL. This dealership did the initial evaluation that day, but could not diagnosed the reason why the car died! Thus, my 20 year old daughter had to leave the car in the Cape Coral Kia dealership, and no one at this dealership offered to help her getting a loaner/ rental car through Kia warranty coverage! My daughter had to ask her friend to drive from Miami (an hour and 45 minutes away) to pick her up and bring her back to Miami that evening! Of course, nothing was done on Sunday. On Monday, the Cape Coral Kia dealership had to ask that we should contact our Kia dealership in Clearwater to fax all the service records to them as all the Kia dealerships'service databases are separated with no connectivity or sharing capability among them. I called the National Kia Customer Service to ask for help as the Clerwater Kia dealership did not respond initially to our request. The toll-free National Kia Customer Service lady said that Kia National headquarter does not have any data on services at any of their dealerships, but she gave me a case # and her extension to call back or communication, which I thought initially as being very nice and helpful ( I even did a survey for her and gave her high marks!) I have to call the Clearwater Kia dealership's service manager to ask for help in faxing the service records to the Cape Coral Kia dealership to finally getting this done. After reviewing the well documented 3 services (on 08/11/11, 1/13/2012, and 06/11/2012), the Cape Coral Kia dealership agreed that we have had the car well-maintained by a Kia dealership during our short ownership, but th engine died fro unknown reason. The service manager there suggested that they will have to rebuilt the engine! We asked if this issue had been reported on other Kia Sorentos, and he replied that he does not or aware of any national recall nor issue with the Kia Sorento having premature engine failure. We asked that the engine should be replaced with a new engine from Kia factory in the Atlanta, Georgia plant in USA, rather from a rebuilt engine. The manager said that he will try to request for that. We requested that while the car being serviced under a Kia warranty-issue if my daughter could get a rental or loaner car for her to get to class at college. The dealership reported that they could do a rental car up to $30/day coverage only. However, since our daughter is 20 yo, she could not rent the car from any rental companies! The dealership insisted that they have no loaner car available for her to use! I called the Kia toll-free national customer service four times (twice on Monday 10/29/12 and twice on Tuesday 10/30/2012) using the previously given extension # to the service lady, Melinda. I was not able to get in touch with her either time, and upon calling back other customer service agents reviewed our case #, reporting that nothing was in our case report! So why created a case # and giving me an extension #!? At this time, we are waiting for Kia's decisions to replace the engine, and to consider helping our daughter a way to get back from Miami to Cape Coral! With this occurence of the failed engine on a new 2012 Kia Sorento with 9,800 miles after one year of ownership, I have to say that I am very disappointed in this car and with the above service issues from Kia National Customer Service Center! Thus, I would NOT recommend this car nor this car company to anyone at this time! Hopefully, this automotive company will learn to improve their quality and service in the future!
Favorite Features
Appearance
Suggested Improvements
Need to have reliability and better national customer service!
By dudung
on 05/06/13 23:17 PM (PDT)

i bought last dec. 2012 a sorento 2013 sx.used w/ 3900 miles on it,not bad for the price i think i paid.last week while dropping ny son to school at 10 miles/hr.,the engine suddenly stalled(turned-off)the same as your daughters problem but mine turned on again after i place it on the park mode and push the button,but it took a while for me to do that cause i panick,cars were piling up on my back and i kept pushing the iginition button while it was on the drive mode.brought it to the dealer 2 days ago here in lawrenceville georgia,waited for 5 hrs. and said they could not find anything wrong.i asked for a loaner car for i'm not confident in driving this,what if it's going to stop in the middle of the free way which where my work is,they don't have available and will just give me a call.2 days have passed and i haven't heard from them.how's your sorento doing?did they found out whats wrong with it?