Great SUV but one problem
By kr2880 on
2013 Kia Sorento SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
The car looks and handles great on local and on the interstate. However, when I am waiting at a red light with the SUV in drive, there is a definite vibration that you can feel through out the car. I have had the car checked by Kia service including the District Service MGR and have been told that this is normal for the SUV. For an SUV with a sticker price close to $36000, I didn't expect a vibration to be considered normal! Hopefully KIA will come up with a fix!
Suggested Improvements
Eliminate the vibration!!!!
By mamina
on 04/17/13 05:52 AM (PDT)

kr2880, I bought my kia sorento back in 2004 when they were not very well known here (I think the first sorento was in 2002). It drove nicely but had a transmission problem which kia fixed at no charge to me (that was great). However the vibration was and still is nerve-racking. I agreed with you, for the price that show not be a normal condition. We still have the kia and it has over 210k miles running ok; however, we've had to replace distributor, air conditioner, water pump, several sensors, wheel shafts, steering, axles beside the normal wear maintenance. Don't know if I'll buy another... gas mileage is 16 miles per gallon... not good :( Overall it's not to bad and I know they have improved. Enjoy your Kia Sorento...

By mamina
on 04/17/13 05:55 AM (PDT)

sorry typo on "price that show" word is "should" thanks!

By tvlgds
on 07/14/14 19:17 PM (PDT)

I have been concerned about the "rough idle" on mine since I bought it new in 2013. Sounds like it's all of them, and not just mine.

By tvlgds
on 07/14/14 19:18 PM (PDT)

Wish you had an edit button- I bought a 2013 new in 2012.