full package
By oside760 on
2013 Kia Sorento LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Was looking to buy a 2012 sorento but couldn't find 4 cyl with third row convenience package so just got a 2013 just the way I wanted it. I love this car. The gas mileage. It picks up very good. Smooth comfortable ride. Love the evo the back up camera and everything. Looked at the traverse, Mazda cx9, explorer but none matched the sorento. I never thought I would have a Kia but I love it. Great value.
Favorite Features
Sirius backup camera,seat heater, third row
Suggested Improvements
Have a little more cargo space behind third row seats. Sliding second row would be nice.
By dictation
on 04/09/12 12:36 PM (PDT)

Having test drived the Sorrento against the Ford Explorer and Edge I think, in it's current form, KIA are missing a trick with the 2013 Sorrento that can be addressed with a couple of modification to prodcue a killer product luring both sets of buyers, i.e. the compact and the full size. 1. Internal cosmetics 2. Eco Turbo Engine 3. Consistant options across the range All of these are simple to achieve: Cosmetics - The 2013 Sorrento still has an interior feel that feels slightly dated - when compared to the excellent Optima. Same switches that my 2011 Soul has. Use the same kinds of materials and switches style and you have a big modern improvement. Second, the engine - when not only are all your competitors realizing (as SAAB and Volkswagen did years ago) that a smaller engine with a turbo charger could produce the same HPs/Torque with higher MPGs is the way to go, but your own two top selling vehicles (Optima and Sportage) also offer this option - then why isn't the Sorrento offered it - Kia already has the engine.... if Ford can produce a 2.0ltr Eco boost engine to drive the beast that is the Explorer then I am sure the Kia's own Eco T engine can sit nicely in the Sorrento giving it upwards of 30mpg. Then wow... you have an SUV in the 30mpg range. Lastly, the standard options: Why is it that Kia think that offering a cooled seat on both driver and passenger front seats is cool for the Optima but not even an option for the Sorrento - which only offers it for the driver???? The what about the glovebox cooler - again, available of the Optima and Sportage but not the Sorrento... Having driven the Sorrento, I love it..... but yet, I haven't purchased it.... why? Well, I want a vehicle like this that can achieve 30mpg on the highway (like Ford offer); I want a vehicle where my wife and I aren't going to argue over who is going to drive because it only has one cooled seat and lastly, the interior... well, that's not an issue for me. So why haven't I purchased one.... I have a feeling that Kia will HAVE to make these changes for the 2014 model or be out of the game in this segment (especially on the Engine) and as I tend to keep my vehicles for 8 years... I can wait a few more months for Kia to update or for one of Kia's competitors to lower their prices.. whichever comes first!