2013 Kia Sorento SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:
Great Value For The Price
By idrn on 08/28/12 08:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2007 Tundra with a 5.7L engine for this vehicle. We've had it for about 1 month. The MPG is above the sticker estimated numbers. We are getting 26.1 city and 34.5 hwy. I think this is great coming from a huge truck with 14 city and 17 hwy. The GDI engine seems to be the best balance between economy and still having some oomph on the road. The back up camera and rear sonar are great and the UVO is very easy to link to bluetooth HTC phone. We really like the A pillar A/C for the rear seat and the fold down arm rest for the rear as well. The rear under floor storage is huge and the ride is quiet and smooth. Though not a Lexus the value is right for the money.

So Far So Great
By basel1120 on 08/20/12 05:29 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Replaced a much loved 2004 Saab 9-5 wagon with the Sorento after driving virtually every brand/model available with AWD and a V6 that could be had for less than $40K+. Final two candidates were a Subaru Outback and the Sorento. Though the former is a fine vehicle, the Sorento won out on features, fit and finish, and overall comfort combined with power and handling. Frankly, we didn't need 7 seats. But the combination of other options we did want forced the inclusion of the third row.

BMW to a KIA
By side_show_tom on 08/17/12 00:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently made the decision to get a moore spacious vehicle. My girlfriend recently purchased a RAV4, and we both found that vehicle outstanding. I wanted a little more room, and I also didnt want 2 of the same cars. I have been driving a BMW 5 Series Wagon for the past few years, and driving is a passion for me. I also have a Corvette. Researched and test drove several SUV's, some larger than the Sorento. The KIA was the overall winner, hands down. Definately go with the V6, the milage is almost identical, and the performance is a big step up. The size is just right, larger than most SUV crossovers, but not a tank.

Can't beat the Value
By tntwolf07 on 07/28/12 18:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2013 Kia as my wife was looking for a mid-sized SUV. We looked at Honda,Nissan and several other but for the price range we wanted to stay in the Kia Sorento was by far the most stylish and offered the best standard features and Warrenty.

2013 Sorento V6 - EX Great vehicle!!
By tracywright on 07/22/12 18:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my Kia Sorento V6!! Never thought I would purchase Kia but after disappointment over Subaru, I thought I test drive Kia Sorento and boy was I surprised! The vehicle drives like a german car. Very solid, smooth, great horse power and love the sharp look of both exterior and the interior. Kia Sorento V6 is better than BMW 5X. Why? Better performance, better price and sharp looking. I was really surprised how well the vehicle drove. It has everything that the BMW 5X. I am extremely happy with the vehicle.

Kia2013 Sorento
By fasteddy201 on 07/17/12 12:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This model with the smaller 4 cy engine is SERIOUSLY UNDERPOWERED. I took my first long trip with it last weekend and it got scary a couple of times. When I needed get up and go it wasn't there. Get the larger 4 cy or a .6 Also it doesn't take the bumps very well..very rough ride on moderately bumpy roads. I'm already thinking of getting rid of it and I don't have 3000 miles on it yet.

Kia Sorento GDI 2.4L LX 2012
By neelm on 07/02/12 14:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4dr SUV w/Convenience Pkg (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just leased this from Kia Sacramento, black color. I have done about 800 miles in the last week and have mixed feelings about the suv. I got the GDI assuming I would get a mixed mileage of about 25mpg but I am only getting about 19-23 mpg city and highway. This is a letdown for sure. I hope it increase down the line as the engine breaksin. The power seems adequate with 1-2 ppl in the car but with 4-5 ppl the car feels underpowered and I wish I had got the v6 engine if I was to get 20mpg anyway. The ride is stiff and tends to wear you down and i feel tired after a trip which was never the case in my well sprung camry. UVO has issues with bluetooth conectivity.

Great Buy
By michael76148 on 07/01/12 14:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV SX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I in a 3-5 day span test drove a Honda crv, a mazda7, a Nis. Murano,and chev. Equnox, when it came down to standard equipment, comfort, quality,and over all bang for the buck the Kia slapped the others in the face. Quiet cabin, smooth ride, beautiful leather interior, bluetooth,vue voice command with a awsome Infinity suround system, and many other toys are standard on the V-6 SX MODEL. 3rd row seating tight for adults but for my 2 Grandsones they are fine.Gas milage not great but good.Trip to Loisianna 450miles avg 25mpg, everyday city only 19-20. Overall, we are very happy with our choice. And a warranty 2nd to none

We plan on keeping this car
By deercreek on 05/31/12 07:04 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Kia SUV has been more than we expected, I traded in a SRX Cad. and didn't think it would hold up to such a nice riding car, but it has made us happy about our investment. We are pleased the car is made in the USA what a bonus.

Switched back to Kia
By pdm777 on 05/30/12 12:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Sorento SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I owned a 2004 Kia Amanti and traded it in for a 2010 Chevy Equinox...loved the gas milage, but gave up too many features I enjoyed in my Kia...so thanks to the special the dealer had I was able to trade in my Chevy for the 2013 Kia Sorento EX...love it...gained all the luxury I was missing and added the peace of mind of the Kia warranty. Gas milage has been great my first tank of gas I averaged 28 mpg which was a mixture of Highway and City miles. Love the bluetooth link to my iPhone and the UVO system is awesome. Lots of room for driver over 6'2" with plenty of room for back seat passengers....I am so glad I am no longer a Government Motors owner and back in a Kia made in America. :)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Kia Sorento Suv in VA is:

$136 per month*