Update- 5 months and 6,000 miles, still loving it
By richardar6 on
2013 Kia Sorento EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
First, let me tell you that I'm picky. I've owned a lot of vehicles, from cars, to Suv's, to pickup trucks. I love to drive, and the Auto Shows are my Disney World. I wanted a lot for my money and I wanted a well made vehicle that will last. I got what I wanted so far. 6,000 miles so far and not 1 issue. Do I get advertised MPG? No, but I never have on any vehicle I've owed. I didn't get the V6 because I wanted great MPG's. (even the Honda fit I use as company car doesn't get advertised MPG) Anyway, I researched, I test drove, and I got exactly what I expected. Very happy with my decision!
Favorite Features
The V6 (Speed freaks- this is your engine- 2 speeding tickets the 1st month I had it) UVO- a must for large music collections (and she's very polite) Handling- great at avoiding those people making a right from the left lane Fit and finish are Excellent! Infinity Sound will please most people Dual pane sunroof is great Back-up camera- is a must
Suggested Improvements
Ride is a little firm (but I knew that because I test drove it and did my research- great handling was the trade off) Wind Noise is excessive at high speeds- but hey- this is an aerodynamic brick after all. Some road noise. That's it, and I hear most issues have been addressed with 2014 refresh. To those who complain and really hate the ride, did you not test drive your vehicle? Ride is subjective, but really, if you test drove it and didn't like it, why did you still get it? Really?
By runvs04
on 01/11/14 05:26 AM (PST)

I bought a 2011 Kia Sorento Brand New and have had nothing but issues with it since the beginning. First, at 6 months the rear stabilizer bar wore out, it took the Dealership 7 month & a complete set of tires to figure it out. From the beginning this car pulled to the right. Have had 3 front end alignments and still can't get it corrected. 50,000 miles on it and now for the past 3 months it has starting issues. For no apparent reason this vehicle will not start, I've had it towed to the dealership twice, been driven in 4 times. They have no clue what is wrong with it.... This will be the last Kia I buy.